• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

They could give Haunter a cross-evolution that is pure Ghost, and with the Levitate ability. 1 could argue that the whole point for the Gengar family to be part Poison is just to make them weak to Psychic.
You could... but the reason they're part Poison is because Gastly is made of poison gas.

Did you also forget Sap Sipper Azumarill to the list?

And I disagree about Volcarona being weak to Fire.

I would love a steel/??? type with Motor Drive but that would not have electric typing.

Flash fire actually would be cool on a bug/dragon pokemon, on a steel/electric, on a rock/electric, fire/grass, dark/fairy, ghost/steel, grass/ghost(when they would have candles or be )

If they create a ground type with Sap sipper also will be nice. We have a electric type with it but not a dark, ghost, ground and not a rock type. Something for rock/fighting and ground/fighting? Hoped Mudsdale and Mudbray would get that instead of Inner Focus as a horse. As Mud oriented pokemon water absorb would be better then Own Tempo.

Pangooro got Scrappy but not Sap Sipper? the amount of weird Scrappy users is weird...

Weird that we didnt got a dark, ice, ghost or steel horse, bull , gazelle, water buffalow, yak like pokemon till now. Amount of rhinos and elephants is also very low.
(starter material???)

Also dry skin mixed as secondary or hidden would play great because oponent would not be sure to use water or grass moves.
_

I always wanted Sweelow to get Sturdy ability , we don't have much flying pokemon with it and Sweelow and it's prevo have a free sendary ability slot waiting.
____
Surf to work like Bounce giving semi turn on start, because the user is swiming on a large wafe of water, power would be 80 and could confuse the foe. Would get hit like Bounce by those moves who can break through it.

Last edited:
I liked how in XY you got to battle Sycamore twice and of course in SuMo we ended off with a full battle against Kukui. So with that, I hope we have at least one opportunity to battle Professor Magnolia. And with SwSh being very focused on battling and the league, I think it would make a lot of sense to battle her at some point.

Buffs:

"Forewarn "
should make user immune to stealth rocks( entry hazards and weathers),
earth quakes, surf, heat wave, hurricane and natural disaster moves could too be added and not only predict moves,
or maybe makes user immune to the strongest move of the oponent+entry hazards+weather?

all forewarn users would gain.

Anticipation - the user is protected from the first hit of a attack that is super effective on this Pokemon, or an OHKO move.
(weaker Disquise but at least something)

Telepathy
also should make user immune to moves during single battles.
The same moves that would not work during double and tripple battles.
Would help so much in battles.
"Avoid alies and oponents moves" that target all pokemon during all battles, they could say it gets the vibes of it... would make sense.

Magma Armor- refreeze + makes user immunity to entry hazards (stealth rocks, spikes and webs should burn and melt)

If You can have telepathycal conection with alie then should be with oponent too. Would help much in singles, double and triple battles.

Ballfetch- halves the damage from bomb and ball moves used by the oponent. (the user catches with his mouth, or the user of ability gets switched out of battle and doesn't get damage when hit by a ball or bomb move??? bulletproof +switching)

Emergency Exit- when hp is on 50% the pokemon is protected and switched out without loosing more hp then 50%.

Wimp out- the user switches when has less then 50% of hp and heals 1/4 of full hp.

Aqua Ring-during rain or water sport heals 1/10 hp and when user is hit with a water move also activates one more time during a turn.

Vespiqueen better get Queenly Majesty and Gigantamax form and a move that works like all Orders together Hive Order or Queen Order, that is a damage dealing draning moves that protects the queen after wards or rises both defences 2 stages.

Last edited:
Better PR for the next games.

Seriously; the hype circle around SwSh has been crap. Too little information has been revealed, and stuff that sounds really awesome turns out to not be true. If it's this stressful for the next games, I'm just gonna go in blind and hope for the best.

Moves like Pluck, Bug Bite and all biting moves should consume berries and potions from oponents when they get a chance to bite them.

Honey gather should work like Harvest during single battles and activate extra when hiting grass , fairy and bug types.

It’s not really prominent as a catchphrase anymore, I think.

Gonna meet, battle and befriend them all would fit now

Gryphon, magic harp(fairy/steel or steel/ghost),
golden goose, humpty dumpy egg pokemon hope for some of this...

Psychic types? we got medicham that looked like a hindu fighter, but we never got a flute player that could manipulate pokemon with sounds more... yes we had a poke-flutes but no pokemon with flute that would use flute and music based moves... grass whistle doesn't count.

Rats and rat king like in alice in wonderland? Ratticate is cool but we need a new rat.
Mice we have enough, squirel will come.

Last edited:
It’s not really prominent as a catchphrase anymore, I think.
Still on TCG packs and there official Twitter. Of course there is a way better alternative to finding another catchphrase...
A reversal of the policy change.

I'd like to see event exclusive Pokemon cease to exist. Just put them in the game naturally.

For the Gen IV remakes, I want to see the "World of Pokemon" intro where Professor Rowan is standing on a pond similar to the Shirogane Blue Pond. During the character (player character and rival) segments, I want to see the camera pan up the sky where aurora lights are glowing in the shape of Lucas, Dawn and Barry (blue for Lucas, pink for Dawn and orange for Barry). The camera will pan down to Rowan finishing his introduction then disappear to the trees, the camera pans up to the sky once more to the aurora lights of the colors of the gender you selected and a star will shine bright to finish the intro.

For the Gen IV remakes, I want to see the "World of Pokemon" intro where Professor Rowan is standing on a pond similar to the Shirogane Blue Pond. During the character (player character and rival) segments, I want to see the camera pan up the sky where aurora lights are glowing in the shape of Lucas, Dawn and Barry (blue for Lucas, pink for Dawn and orange for Barry). The camera will pan down to Rowan finishing his introduction then disappear to the trees, the camera pans up to the sky once more to the aurora lights of the colors of the gender you selected and a star will shine bright to finish the intro.
I think that what ORAS did for its World of Pokemon intro is cool.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom