• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

-new Physical oriented sound moves (steel hammer bell, wooden flute stick, metal strings, instect needle stinger, exploding fire crackers or flare, sound sword, sound palm, singing and ringing stones)
-new Sound moves of unused types that do damage and have extra eefect
(rock, fire, ghost, ground, fight, electric, poison, psychic)
-new Soundproof users of unused types and type combos

-new sound related move effects (higher priority, draining, flinching , disable a move, switch oponent out with damage"psychic or ghost; shielding sound move(sound wall-could block Phantom force and cause damage by physical contact that could be greater when oponent uses a high priority move))

-new sound related abilities(priority sound moves; sending sound move back to oponent without user getting hurt)

- Metal sound move doing damage like Disarming Voice
-grass, steel, dark needs better damage dealing sound move

Fighting type move that could be SE 2x against dragons or a Dragon move SE vs fighting?
Dragon Kick or Dragon Entrace(priority move???) or both?

Fighting type moves and abilities with Tao, Zen , Tai, Shaolin, Aikido, Jujustsu, in their name... fighting type moves should also get effects like causing the oponent to fall asleep, disable their moves, force them to re-charge (when hitting last).

A fighting move that would cause sleep or one that could allow you to jump in the air similar like Bounce or Fly to avoid a hit . Hoped for High Kump Kick and Jump Kick to have those effects actually and cause confusion or paralysis if they succed.

This way Sky Uppercut gets something to hit against and those fighting types get something to avoid other types.

Fire, Water and Grass pledge and Sludge Wave should hit Dig users.

Anchor Shot, Sludge Wave and Muddy Water should hit Dive users

Sludge Wave power reduce to 80 and make it hit Dive and Dig users in semi invulnerable turn.
(steel types will be immune; power similar to Discharge; it creates a swamp area around and hits all targets; the war with Sludge Bomb would be over; the move would be more usefull for poison types during singles, triple and double battles)

Sludge Bombs power could rise to 95.

Those Fly, Bounce, Sky drop need to fear Icy Wind and Smog maybe not Blizzard but Thunder hits...
Smog should hit flying targets.

Omnious wind, shadow claw and shadow sneak should hit Phantom Force users (would want Extra Sensory users but...)

Phantom Force should be learned by other types then ghost, like ravens, fairies, dark types, sinister creatures, noctuirnal and bat like... and don't worry we have No Guard ability that would be more usefull.

Seismic toss should work like Sky Drop and use weight of both users and have a limit of oponents weight.

Last edited:
How bout some more Grass pokemon with Thick Fat ability?

That'd be dope if they gave Abomasnow Thick Fat. Or even Torterra. Then they'd both loose their 4x weakness.
Abomasnow maybe, but I don't think Thick Fat is right for Torterra. It's not a very fat design nor an animal that develops blubber. Abomasnow is pretty chub, though, so they could swing that and I wouldn't really question it.

-I hope there is a cool poison/steel type among the new Pokemon. I really wish to see that combination
-Hope that patches are a thing so the national Dex can get completed during the year
-A Pokemon Home that is more than a bank. Please GF, allow us to interact and battle with our Pokemon on Home
-I pray for a Lumineon or Spiritomb regional evolution. I feel those two could have a little bit more. If Linoone got one, why not these two too.
-An interesting battle facility. I really miss the battle dome.
-Finally, I wish for trade options such as the negotiating system from Gen 5. Those emojis were so useful and flexible when you wanted to trade. I wonder why did they replace them with some premade lines that are complicated to edit

Unfortunately, GameFreak has stated that they currently have no intention of patching in the removed Pokémon.
They need to change their mind sooner or later. Not for the entire National Pokédex, but for compatibility between games of the same generation that take place in different regions. Otherwise, Game Freak gets viewed as anti-consumer.

They need to change their mind sooner or later. Not for the entire National Pokédex, but for compatibility between games of the same generation that take place in different regions. Otherwise, Game Freak gets viewed as anti-consumer.
They really don't have to patch anything in for that. Communications between such games have always had restrictions anyway. If the remakes have Pokémon unavailable in Sword and Shield, you just wouldn't be able to use them in a battle between those games.

They really don't have to patch anything in for that. Communications between such games have always had restrictions anyway. If the remakes have Pokémon unavailable in Sword and Shield, you just wouldn't be able to use them in a battle between those games.
And that’s a problem that’s been growing more and more with each generation. With Dexit, there’s a chance that each regional Pokédex will have little-to-no overlap. This means that either communication between the games will be extremely limited and underwhelming or two different pairs of games just won’t be able to interact with each other directly from now on. Even this level of limitation wasn’t present between XY and ORAS.

Besides, Game Freak could always wait until the end of a generation to do compatibility patches between all the games in that generation. This would not only ensure that each game has at least a year to shine on its own with their respective Pokédex rosters, but it also allows them to buy time for a gap year (assuming that each game in the generation shares the same engine that is). All I’m saying is that compatibility patches could go a long way in helping Game Freak and their flagship franchise in the long term.

And that’s a problem that’s been growing more and more with each generation. With Dexit, there’s a chance that each regional Pokédex will have little-to-no overlap. This means that either communication between the games will be extremely limited and underwhelming or two different pairs of games just won’t be able to interact with each other directly from now on. Even this level of limitation wasn’t present between XY and ORAS.

Besides, Game Freak could always wait until the end of a generation to do compatibility patches between all the games in that generation. This would not only ensure that each game has at least a year to shine on its own with their respective Pokédex rosters, but it also allows them to buy time for a gap year (assuming that each game in the generation shares the same engine that is). All I’m saying is that compatibility patches could go a long way in helping Game Freak and their flagship franchise in the long term.
It actually probably wouldn't be an issue and compatibility would proceed as it always has- since games in a generation all use the same engine, Pokémon models available in the first pair of games would be added into the remakes released that gen with no extra effort. So they would have the same level of compatibility as past gens, just exclude whatever wasn't available in Sword and Shield.

How bout some more Grass pokemon with Thick Fat ability?

That'd be dope if they gave Abomasnow Thick Fat. Or even Torterra. Then they'd both loose their 4x weakness.
But a grass type with Heatproof or Flashfire? Could see ghost/grass, grass/rock or grass/steel or new grass/ice.

I hope for Ends, swamp thing, more scarry scarecrow and some fire/grass take on.
___
Pandora box
Yenal were wolf from North America

Actually pokemon like Dunsparce(fairy/dragon), Octilery(fire/water), Torcoal(fire/poison with Baneful Bunker and Neutralize gas) , Faftetch(flying/fighting with Steel Worker), Spinda, Spiritomb could
get regional evolutions.

Those pokemon will be in gen 4 remakes.

Not only have DPPt remakes not been confirmed yet, GameFreak has released no statement on whether or not the Pokémon not in SwSh will be present in the second pair of games in gen 8.

Plus, GameFreak did not patch the extra Mega evolutions in ORAS into XY, nor update regular SM with the new Ultra Beasts and Z-moves from USUM so I don’t see them patching in the extra Pokémon (if there are any) from the second pair of gen 8 games into SwSh.

ok I don't know if in this generation or the next but would want more "sand", desert, piramid moves of rock and ground type maybe.
Something like Sand Wall(shielding move), Quicksand(entry hazard???trapping?weight? force a recharge 1 turn), Sand hole(traps and damages, or block priority moves for 5 turns), Dust Storm, Haboob, Fire Sand (ground type move that cause a burn), Sand Dance

Sand Attack(no damage) and Sandstorm is not enough Sand moves taking how some are build up on it right now.
The same with "Mud" moves.

Interesting if we would get something similar to moves like Perish song and Curse as abilities that would cause the same effects.
Perish Touch(normal types would be immune) and Curse Calling(but without the damage that Curse would cause, soundproof users would be immune) would make them work with 30% chance after contact with foe ; touch(physical from foe to user and user to foe), calling(after every attack from foe like Cursed Body)... thought about moves but abilities seem a better choice.

Last edited:
They could give Haunter a cross-evolution that is pure Ghost, and with the Levitate ability. 1 could argue that the whole point for the Gengar family to be part Poison is just to make them weak to Psychic.

They gave Poliwhirl a cross-evolution that is pure Water, and green, imagine they doing that to Palpitoad.

^ Ok the other exception is Levitate. They have given Electric and Poison type pokemon Levitate ability, which is a weakness otherwise.
They also gave Lightning Rod to Goldeen and Seaking and Sap Sipper to Marill and Azumarill.

Levitate was also given to Steel-type Bronzor and Bronzong and Rock-type Lunatone and Solrock.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom