• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

Well i believe a third version might be possible, so i hope there is one.

If they do the 3rd version for 3DS, I would buy five copies.

But if they were going to do it for the DS, I would just say they start the next gen.

I actually think the third version might not come along. The only reason I believe this is because Kyurem has vastly inferior base stats to Reshiram and Zekrom. The third member of the trio usually keeps identical, or sometimes even superior base stats to the other members. Its not much to go on, but it has made me doubt a third version.

this is also a reason for them to MAKE a third game, Kyurem is obviously realated to them, and they can always correct it with a new form.

and last time i checked, 660 isn't vastly inferior to 680, just 20 points...

3. Grey/Gray Village instead of Black City and White Forest
I've always thought Grey/Gray Suburbs. Maybe in some sections there could be the battles and salespeople from Black City, and in other areas there could be tall grass and the pokémon from White Forest.

I've always thought Grey/Gray Suburbs. Maybe in some sections there could be the battles and salespeople from Black City, and in other areas there could be tall grass and the pokémon from White Forest.

I was thinking Gray resort. Beautiful gardens, buildings with a very natural but sophisticated appearanc,e and all the conveniences of modern technology.

i support the Gray Village and i think it is a village with black city in it and below/top of the black city is the white forest right?!

I hope in the third version, you get to battle the rest of the Seven Sages, considering that they try to stop you at N's castle, so they probably do have Pokémon.

It would be cool if you get to battle the Dark Triad as well, and perhaps give them (and the Sages) official artwork.

Well I was kinda thinking it would be Chrome.
Pokemon Chrome Version.

Considering what N says in Chargestone Cave, I guess in the third version, Bianca will side with Reshiram, N will side with Zekrom and the PC will side with Kyurem.

Considering what N says in Chargestone Cave, I guess in the third version, Bianca will side with Reshiram, N will side with Zekrom and the PC will side with Kyurem.
PC? Also, what did he say? I didn't get to that part yet. :|

PC? Also, what did he say? I didn't get to that part yet. :|
PC = Player Character

N specifically said that the player character is neutral, and he discussed his ideologies, and Bianca's (he made no mention whatsoever of Cheren).

For the third version, I don't think they should focus too much on the battle frontier, its been two generations already that the Battle Frontier has been used as the reason to get the games. Yeah, it has some cool battle modes, but I think that should be left for the Console Stadium games. Instead, I think the Battle Subway should be modified.

First, instead of separate lines for "Normal", "Difficult" and "Wifi" settings, they should just allow those settings within one line depending on its battle style. Next, I propose the following lines for the Subway:

-Single
-Double
-Multi
-Triple
-Rotation

How does Game Freak expect us to get used to their new battle styles if they completely ignore it? I really think there is a potential for a good Rotation metagame. In any case, Ingo and Emmet would give up their roles on the Single and Double lines, taken up by two separate Subway Bosses, the Rotation and Triple battles also get their own Subway Bosses. Ingo and Emmet, since they were designed to be a pair, would be the Subway Bosses of the Multi-line. Besides, they're also the first "Frontier Brain" types to actually preside over Multi-battles, so they should get the honour to reprise this role in the third version.

And with that, I'd hope Gray version doesn't necessarily use the modified Battle Subway as a reason why you should by it, just a modification to the old system.

Furthermore, this frees up two other Subway lines that can go to exclusive third-version locations (much like the Anville line), though I hope these exclusive locations aren't just a single city but a city that connects itself to other routes that are otherwise unreachable.

Last edited:
I heard somewhere that there isn't going to be a third version. Could just be a rumor, though.

Mr. Masuda proved the translation wrong, there WILL be a third version.

Anyway, Gray Suburbs is a good idea, have the Black City and White Forest combined into one. And we can learn more about the God Stone...

Pokémon Prism? Seems like they'd try to use something that symbolises the two together.

Realistically the only things I can think of that would make any sense would either be gray, rainbow, or yin-yang. I would have liked it better if they had been Pokemon yin and Pokemon yang instead anyway. :p

Whatever the 3rd game will be, its gonna take some time. Junichi's apparently not even considering it yet so the western regions can play BW. Of course there's always Japan but still.

Okay here is some speculation I have about what I think Gray might end up as if it's going to come out.

Team plasma will instead be going Kyurem because of the myth said by a person in Lacunosa Town. Team plasma will instead steal a meteorite from maybe some new location.

The decisions you make in the game will change weather you'll get Reshiram or Zekrom at the end of the game with the Gray Stone.

The eighth gym leader will be a new character, someone who is wise like Drayden and playful like Iris. In order to battle him you'll have to climb Dragon Spiral Tower.

Cheren should have Gigalith when you battle him at Spiral Mountain and then have Fraxure when you battle him on Route 10.

When you battle Bianca on Route 8 she'll have a Lampent.

The second battle in Striaton City Gym is a double battle where Cheren comes along to help you. During the actual gym battle Bianca joins and it'll be a triple battle. All three of them will only use their monkeys this time around.

I'm not sure how but the Nacrene City Gym badly needs a revamp, I'm really not to fond of the puzzle. Lenora will have a new team member also, either a Cinccino or Audino.

Castelia Gym was okay but some of the trainers should use Shelmet and Karrablast maybe.

Nimbasa City has the worst gym in the game because it used only 2 lines of pokemon. Some trainers in this gym deserve a Stunfisk and something on the Tyamo line. Elecia should also have an Elektross on her team and maybe something lecture on "inner beauty".

Some trainers in Driftveil City Gym should have Stunfisk and Golett. Clay's new team member should be an under leveled Golurk.

Milstraiton Gym only uses three lines of pokemon despite there being eight!
Skyla replace her Unifezant with a Archen and a new team member, either a underleveled Braveiry or Mandibuzzv or there preevolutions.

Bycen's team just needs a better moveset and a Vanilluxe.

The new gym leader of Opelicud Gym will use an underleveled Zweilous.

I think the Elite Four should go back to using 5 pokemon.
Shauntel will have a second Cofagrigus.
Grimsly will have a Mandibuzz and a Zoroark to replace Scrafty.
Caitlin will have a Beheyem.
Marshal will get a Scrafty.

Adler will have the same team.

Either way I still see the climax of the game with Team plasma being very different.

I'll be happy to except criticism.

^I like most of this, but I'm assuming you can get both Reshiram and Zekrom if past generations are anything to go by, and I think the eighth gym should be a double battle against Drayden and Iris. Hell, let's make the first gym be a triple battle. Why not? It's not like there are that many.

Back
Top Bottom