• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh This is a Wooloo Appreciation Thread

If Wooloo ends up filling the "early normal type" role (which is usually a rodent, but whatever), then it easily will become the best early normal type there has ever been. It's too perfect. It can do no wrong.

Unless it evolves into something hideous. But even then, you can just not evolve it I suppose.

If Wooloo ends up filling the "early normal type" role (which is usually a rodent, but whatever), then it easily will become the best early normal type there has ever been. It's too perfect. It can do no wrong.

Unless it evolves into something hideous. But even then, you can just not evolve it I suppose.
I will be so sad if Wooloo evolves into something bland or ugly. XD It deserves the best evo. A wolf evo.

To be fair, it's only a rodent in gen 1 (rattata), gen 4 (bidoof) and gen 5 (patrat) unless I'm forgetting something. That's less than half. Otherwise we have a mustelid (sentret), raccoon (zigzagoon), lagomorph (bunnelby), and mongoose (yungoos). That being said, you can probably make a stretch to say they almost all look remotely rodent-like in some ways (rabbits, mustelids and mongooses are often called rodent-like and I dunno about zigzagoon), and wooloo doesn't really.

I need help figuring something out; that is somewhat related to this thread; I think.

I really want Wooloo to have some sort of wolf-life evolution. Not just as a reverse of the wolf in sheep's clothing, but also as a reference to the boy who cried wolf. I think it's about the only appropriate evolution. I think I would be disappointed with a Bopeep evolution of any kind.

A few weeks ago, the name Woolfoe came across my mind somehow and I don't remember how. I thought it was because there was an enemy in Kirby called Wolfoe, but I can't find anything when I search for it. Did I get something mixed up with a fake rumor or something? It's really bothering me, I'm pretty sure I didn't come up with the name on my own.

Anyway, I think Woolfoe would be the perfect name for a Wooloo wolf evolution. It could be understood as Wolf Foe; a foe to wolves; a Wooloo evolution that keeps away predators. Foe could also be a pun on faux; meaning fake. As in, it looks like a wolf, but is not. And, of course, it would still contain the word Wool, hinting back to the fact that it is just a sheep and keeping part of its first stage name as most route 1 normal types tend to do. Problem is, I think it's already taken, but I can't find evidence of that now?

I really, really hope Wooloo’s evolution(s) will be something like the Wolfman and Warwolf from the SpaceWorld demo.

Wooloo looks a little like Wolfman, no?

Edit: A split evolution line with a sheep in wolf’s clothing and a ram (I’ve always imagined it as a cross between a ram, steel wool, and Vikings) would be fantastic.

Last edited:
I really, really hope Wooloo’s evolution(s) will be something like the Wolfman and Warwolf from the SpaceWorld demo.

Wooloo looks a little like Wolfman, no?

Edit: A split evolution line with a sheep in wolf’s clothing and a ram (I’ve always imagined it as a cross between a ram, steel wool, and Vikings) would be fantastic.
That's a strong possibility, actually. With this glitch thing looking a lot like the scrapped Farfetchd evolution from that demo, they clearly have gone back to scrapped ideas to see if they can utilize them for something now.

Oh man if they go back to the SpaceWorld demo pokemon I demand they give me the bell cat pokemon!

I can't really see Woloo becoming the wolf man pokemon though. Plus I'd be kind of disappointed if our second sheep pokemon also doesn't look like a sheep in its final evolution. Much as I like Ampharos, its appearance doesn't scream sheep to me. I'd love for Wooloo to become a more sheepy sheep. Or maybe a mountain ram looking pokemon. Or better yet, an Alpaca or Llama! For what are they but taller sheep!

Oh man if they go back to the SpaceWorld demo pokemon I demand they give me the bell cat pokemon!

I can't really see Woloo becoming the wolf man pokemon though. Plus I'd be kind of disappointed if our second sheep pokemon also doesn't look like a sheep in its final evolution. Much as I like Ampharos, its appearance doesn't scream sheep to me. I'd love for Wooloo to become a more sheepy sheep. Or maybe a mountain ram looking pokemon. Or better yet, an Alpaca or Llama! For what are they but taller sheep!
I vote a wolf ram hybrid. XD

I like the big horn sheep or ram idea for the evolution. Looking at the other sheep, we really haven't gotten anything like that (Wimsicott doesn't count since it's bipedal.)

Personally, I'd rather have a llama or an alpaca line not tied to Wooloo and a separate mimic wolf as well. Also I'm just so tired of the anthropomorphic evolutions so please no Bo-peep.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom