• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

This is...odd

Cferra

Superhero!!
Reaction score
Hey.

I got Pokemon: Battle Revolution yesterday and I copied my pokemon to PBR. That's not the weird thing. The weird thing is that when I looked through my shinys, three appeared to be bad eggs on PBR but not in my DS game. The pokemon were:

shiny mantine
shiny floatzel
shiny garchomp

I dunno what happened. Why did it show them as bad eggs in PBR but not in Diamond? I'm pretty sure the three were legi as Matine was caught as a mantyke at Iron Island. Garchomp was hatched as a gible. And floatzel was caught in the wild. So, what happened? Could they be clones?

Edit: I also have three obviously hacked shinys: skorupi, a female lucario and a charmander but they show up. What's going on?

Edit 2: I'd also like to add that I didn't hack these. I got them in trades. I have three other hacks that don't cause issues so...

LX

Last edited:
I don't believe mantyke can be acquired at Iron Island. I did a little surfing and fishing at the docks there to check and didn't see any. If your mantine claims it was caught at Iron Island, that's probably why it shows up as hacked. The other two probably have less obvious clues. It's also vaguely possible that they're legal but got mistakenly filtered, but I doubt it.

As for the other three, you say they're obvious hacks, but even if you know they are hacks their data might be good enough to get through the screening function. What makes them obvious?

I may know...apparently, one of the main bans they have is if a Pokemon has over 510 EV's...so, probably that's what's wrong with your traded Pokemon...

Checking my Pokedex right now, and Mantyke cannot be caught at Iron island, only in the waters north of Sunnyshore

EDIT: Yup I'm an idiot for having a simple spelling error :)

Last edited:
Checking my Pokedex right now, and Mantine cannot be caught at Iron island, only in the waters north of Sunnyshore

Wow.. taht proves what fucking idiots ou all are. Mantine cannot be caought in the wild in D/P, you must either evolve or transfer.

Wow.. taht proves what fucking idiots ou all are. Mantine cannot be caought in the wild in D/P, you must either evolve or transfer.

Your post proves how much of an idiot you are. Maybe you should learn how to read. I believe he said it was caught as a Mantyke and evolved. While you're at it, learn how to spell, too. Spell after me, okay? Ready? T-H-A-T.

Hey hey hey. No fighting here, guys. Problem has been SOLVED. I got three new shinys. Shiny buziel, gible and mantyke (which i evolved into mantine). Bad egs gone. Had a feeling it was hacked. What was weird was the floatzel. Caught at level 8 at the Ironworks. It was level 30 when I had it.

Just weird. But, like I said...problem's solved. No more hacked shinys. Well...some DO show. *glares at charmander and skorupi*

They are obvious hacks because Charmander was caught at level 2 on Route 202. Charmander also has a trainer number of four zeros. Skorupi was caught in a master ball i the great marsh. The Lucario (which I ditched. I got a legit male Lucario.) was caught on route 202.

LX

i cant find half the pokemon in my 'dex. im following a walkthrough and cant find half of the pokemon they said i would

is there a cheat to level your pokemon up faster at the day care? im getting aggravated by my ponyta not growing past lvl 34 when i need it at at least lvl 40

i cant find half the pokemon in my 'dex. im following a walkthrough and cant find half of the pokemon they said i would

is there a cheat to level your pokemon up faster at the day care? im getting aggravated by my ponyta not growing past lvl 34 when i need it at at least lvl 40

1. This should be posted in the Simple Questions thread. Why you posted it here is beyond me.

2. Are you sure the walkthrough is for your version, and are you sure you're looking in the right areas at the right time?

3. Walking gains it experience in the day care. Just walk around constantly and it will gain experience.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom