• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

You know what else we need? Rematches. I know they were in OR/AS, but I hope they keep it in S/M. Very annoying in X/Y where you can only battle Serena/Calem and the Elite Four/Champion more than one (and the former is only once per day).

I felt like ORAS really made the Contests too easy. It felt like such a let-down for me that I haven't even entered one contest yet. So please let that format stay in Hoenn.

I felt like ORAS really made the Contests too easy. It felt like such a let-down for me that I haven't even entered one contest yet. So please let that format stay in Hoenn.

If you haven't even entered one contest yet... how can you say it's a let down!? Try one! I'm not sure in what way contests were made easier either.

If you haven't even entered one contest yet... how can you say it's a let down!? Try one! I'm not sure in what way contests were made easier either.
The pokeblock limit was removed. This alone really just let me feel that the Contests were a let-down.

We actually have 38 revealed, not 40.

Though we'll probably go over 40 in September tbh

Whoops! yeah, you're right.

But say, anyone else question if we would really be encountering wild Dragonite? That seems like it would be a bit weird, doesn't it? Have we ever just casually encountered fully evolved pseudo-legendaries in the wild before? Not counting Gen V's Phenomenon because that's more special game mechanic than just casually walking up to a powerful fully-evolved pokemon in the grass and saying oh whoops, hello there.

Aren't we supposed to be able to scan QR codes, that will tell us where Pokemon can be caught? With them trying to make it easier to catch them all in each generation, I wouldn't be surprised if we Could catch fully evolved Dragonite.

The pokeblock limit was removed. This alone really just let me feel that the Contests were a let-down.

I guess, but on the flip side, making pokeblocks is really simple and quick. and the contests are actually pretty difficult this time.

You want berries? I got tons! I'll also be willing to give multiple berries.

Also, doing all the contests is the only way to obtain Lucarionite without trading.

I guess, but on the flip side, making pokeblocks is really simple and quick. and the contests are actually pretty difficult this time.

You want berries? I got tons! I'll also be willing to give multiple berries.

Also, doing all the contests is the only way to obtain Lucarionite without trading.
I dislike Mega Evolution. So the Lucarionite is something that I don't care about. Also, this is really derailing the thread.

I see the next trailer on the 1st of September. This is safest bet to make.

I feel you. I loved travelling around Hoenn like a coordinator raising contest only pokémon and not moving on from the town until I had completed the town rank for all categories :p
That sounds like an amazing thing to do! I see myself doing anothe ORAS playthrough!!!!

The lil job you can take chucking Pyukumuku back into the ocean is really neat. It's realistic for the region and also fleshes out Pyukumuku's role in the pokemon universe a little more.

I think it'd be neat if you had to battle the Pyukumuku before you tossed them back into the ocean (or had the opportunity to do so), but that'd probably be tedious lol.

Depending on how early you get the things, and what other water types are available and when (and what tge new ones look like!), I can definitely see myself using a Pyukumuku!

Speaking of side activities, I would love for Hoenn-styled contests to return, but it's very doubtful :p

Honestly, I still wish contests were a series staple.

If they're going to be gone for a generation (like Generation 5), then at least replace them with something that gives out ribbons... I'd like a side activity to get ribbons from.

That was a bs mechanic if I'm gonna be honest here. But I digress, we've already moved on from that.

Sidequest and world-building hopes... I dunno about 'em, really. Haven't been giving them too much thought outside of what we've seen. Maybe we can see a laboratory where they're studying Alolan Raichu's telekinetic abilities? I kinda want to see that in a trailer as a brick joke.

I was able to wake up in time for the Turtonator reveal. I thought that I missed it at first, but it did take them awhile to get to that point. I was hoping for a bit more game footage, but the Battle Royale was fun to watch and I like Turtonator's design. It's pretty neat and I couldn't tell that it was Fire/Dragon at first. The purple around the German word for Dragon made me think of Ghost first for some reason. It's a pretty cool Fire type. I'm not sure if I'd raise one on my team, but I could see it getting a pre-evolved form much like what happened with Mudsdale.

Crabrawler was really neat. I was surprised when it wasn't Water/Fighting, but given what it's based on, that does make sense. Its design does give off some nice personality and I like the boxer vibe going for it as well. Sandygast and Palossand do look better in motion than in their original designs, but they're still more interesting and unique to me more than anything else. Plus, I already have Mudbray as my Ground type for my Moon team. Stufful is so adorable. I love it. Everything from its cry, its attacking animation and its little tag just make it so adorable. It really does look and sound like a living plush toy. It does make the process of its evolution more interesting and appealing to me. It goes from being loved by everyone and not wanting the attention to being feared despite wanting attention.

Turtonator is now my favorite favorite Fire type pokemon and is part Dragon too. It's design is well done. A Fire-Dragon turtle is an interesting concept.

After watching the trailer with the Pyukumuku side quest. I am wondering if the only way to walk around is with the circle pad because of how the character moves in the game. The main character moving in the game was shown already, but I did not think about it too much until seeing the trailer with the Pyukumuku side quest.

Maybe they switched the "annoying always on mini mode of transportation" to the d-pad? Because seriously, locking the skates to the thing 99% of people use to move around in video games now was a horrible idea. I still have nightmares of not being able to enter buildings in Lumiose.

Maybe they finally implemented the legendary skateboard. It can make you go faster but you can only move on a grid.

Maybe they switched the "annoying always on mini mode of transportation" to the d-pad? Because seriously, locking the skates to the thing 99% of people use to move around in video games now was a horrible idea. I still have nightmares of not being able to enter buildings in Lumiose.

Maybe they finally implemented the legendary skateboard. It can make you go faster but you can only move on a grid.

you could enter buildings wearing skates. You take them off while entering them, though.

So as of the current trailer, there is still no sign of an Alolan Persian. I wonder if that means my guesses of Alolan Meowth either having lost the capacity to evolve or evolving into a new Pokémon were true. I could always be wrong, but to only show us Alolan Meowth in the event that Alolan Persian also exists is a bit odd to me. After all, the pre-evolution Pokémon that had Alolan Forms were shown alongside their Alolan Form evolution thus far.

Back
Top Bottom