• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Upcoming Preview

I know that it is probably Sprigatito's most effective move right now, but I am getting tired of seeing it use Leafage EVERY TIME they need to show it in an action scene. Heck if it isn't going to learn anything else immediately, at least throw in a Scratch or a Quick Attack.
Agreed. At least have it learn Magical Leaf or Energy Ball or something. Leafage is literally one of the weakest grass moves out there and spamming it got old a while ago. Even Fuecoco got to upgrade to Flamethrower.

At the end of HZ023, we got a preview for upcoming events

What do you think about Liko, Sprigatito, Roy, Fuecoco, and the Rising Volt Tacklers in the following regions missing three of Lucius' Legendary Pokémon in future episodes: Alola, Kalos, Unova, Sinnoh, Hoenn, Johto, or nothing else?

Agreed. At least have it learn Magical Leaf or Energy Ball or something. Leafage is literally one of the weakest grass moves out there and spamming it got old a while ago. Even Fuecoco got to upgrade to Flamethrower.
Wouldn't Magical Leaf look and act basically identical to Leafage? I don't even think its particularly more impactful either. Flamethrower looks more powerful than ember. Magical Leaf just has a higher Base Power.
Energy Ball could work though, not as a replacement just another seperate move.

After watching the latest episode, I think I'm fine with Sprigatito keeping Leafage for now. Despite being a really weak move in-game, Sprigatito has managed to squeeze so much utility out of the move through the various ways that it's been using it, such as blocking opponent's movement/vision by firing a large volume of leaves, tightening the shot to make it faster and more accurate, and combining the move with aromatic scents to pacify opponents. So yeah, even if the move might be lacking a bit in power right now, I think the utility is more than enough to make up for it.

Personally I'd prefer to see it learn a new move (or replace Scratch with something stronger) to diversify its moveset instead of ditching Leafage entirely. Alternatively, just upgrade Leafage to Magical Leaf so that the move still behaves the same while being much stronger. Also, going through Sprigatito's learnset, I've noticed that it gets Petal Blizzard as an egg move from Arboliva, so it's possible that Lucius's Arboliva might teach the cat the move one day. Maybe after it evolves later on.

@VetProf After hearing that Sprigatito has learned Grassy Terrain in this last episode, I am kind of over being upset about Leafage. Especially, if Sprigatitio uses Leafage in different ways all of the time. That being said, I wished they made Sprigatito use another move if they have to do these previews. At least, Fuecoco gets to show off its other moves more often.

@VetProf After hearing that Sprigatito has learned Grassy Terrain in this last episode, I am kind of over being upset about Leafage. Especially, if Sprigatitio uses Leafage in different ways all of the time. That being said, I wished they made Sprigatito use another move if they have to do these previews. At least, Fuecoco gets to show off its other moves more often.
Sprigatito didn’t learn Grassy Terrain, Arboliva supported it with its own Grassy Terrain to strengthen Leafage.

Speaking of moves, assuming they evolve all the way, it would be cool if they started to hint at Flower Trick the same way they are so clearly hinting at Torch Song with Fuecoco with the whole singing making his fire type moves stronger thing.

After rewatching the trailer, I do like that Onyx seems to own a Garganacl. However, that might just be me being happy that one of my favorite Paldea Pokémon is debuting soon. Also, do you think Liko might eventually catch a Squawkabilly since it seems both her mother and grandmother own one?

Last edited:
Speaking of moves, assuming they evolve all the way, it would be cool if they started to hint at Flower Trick the same way they are so clearly hinting at Torch Song with Fuecoco with the whole singing making his fire type moves stronger thing.
Really hoping Fuecoco does eventually evolve into Skeledirge, since it's my favorite Pokemon of the 9th generation and I'd love to see it in the anime owned by a main character.

Really hoping Fuecoco does eventually evolve into Skeledirge, since it's my favorite Pokemon of the 9th generation and I'd love to see it in the anime owned by a main character.
Given how much it looks up to Charizard and has its whole singing thing, I’m sure that it’s gonna fully evolve. Kinda like how Scorbunny foreshadowed Cinderace with its shoot style ember last series.

This weeks episode had a new preview.

It hasn’t been uploaded to YouTube or is region-locked for some reason.

They showed our first proper look at Lucius.

F84F7gpaUAABQN1.jpg

Yep. Definitely an ancestor.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom