• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

シオニラ (Shionira, this new astrounaut-like man) says something like "Necrozma can manipulate light... And it can steal Alola's light!". I'm pretty sure Lusamine says "... Leave this alone, it's a monster!".

But just are my own translations so take them with a grain of salt, thank you.

EDIT: I'd confirm that Necrozma's a bad fellow tho.

...wow. I agree with @Esserise about ambiguity sucking more than a Sunkern's Double-Edge, but this trailer just recaptured my Pokemon dedicated heart. I'm ultra stoked. Can anyone translate what the new Aether Foundation employees said?

Meanwhile, I'm going to watch that again. And again. And maybe another time after that.

EDIT: Just saw the subs. Even Lusamine wants nothing to do with it. Oh my stars *___*

...wow. I agree with @Esserise about ambiguity sucking more than a Sunkern's Double-Edge, but this trailer just recaptured my Pokemon dedicated heart. I'm ultra stoked. Can anyone translate what the new Aether Foundation employees said?

Meanwhile, I'm going to watch that again. And again. And maybe another time after that.
I don't believe they are Aether Foundation guys tho, don't seem to be like that

Anyway, this is a translation Gekkouga Larry did on Twitter, but I guess we already saw it!

View: https://twitter.com/GekkougaLarry/status/915716404975996928

Wow, these game are looking so much the same as SuMo. Such similarity~ No difference in gameplay at all~ Literally the same exact story all around with such minor differences~

Doge~

Anyway, Imma need to find out about that new team, immediately, this sht looks EPIC~

In some parts of the trailer, the player character isn't smiling.

Yeah, but only in high-poly 3D cutscenes. The protag emoted in SM’s 3D cutscenes as well; it’s the low-poly overworld model that had the unflinching smile and we don’t see that model emoting in this trailer.

I’m concerned that all they did to change the story was alter the Aether Paradise and Poni Island events to accommodate Necrozma, just like Emerald and Platinum did for their respective predecessors. I haven’t forgotten about all those copy-pasted cutscenes shown in trailers and on the games’ website. I wish the entire story was new as was the case with B2W2.

um idk but i feel like aside from the new pokemon/moves all the pokemon games are the same gameplay wise...

the story looks like it would be substantially different so i'm hype i guess?

I'd be more excited if they told us about some gameplay additions.

View: https://twitter.com/TheEndlessZero/status/915722755764477952

Found this translation (Eng sub) that's accurate.

PS: Where Lusamine says "they are specters!" , it means more like a demon. That phrase is used as an insult in Japanese to describe twisted beings.
It doesn't really relate to ghost Pokemon.

I don't like how the story seems biased towards one legendary–Necrozma stealing light implies Solgaleo. And honestly, the story itself sounds like they could have gone and made the game into a single version with Solgaleo vs Lunaala and not had Necrozma at all given that Lunaala's dex entrie reads "...this Pokémon devours light, drawing the moonless dark veil of night over the brightness of day."

Then again in US the story might be that Necrozma devours light by consuming Solgaleo while in UM Necrozma consumes Lunaala to help it engulf the world in darkness.

upload_2017-10-5_14-58-44.png
Is this a new scene? I can remember, but if it is...
There's no electric blue Tapu.
An Dialga, Palkia and Giratina were hidden in cloud formations on that map.
Just Sayin'.

Also noob question, how does one spoiler tag?

Edit: just checked it, this is a scene we've had before...sort of. In SUMO this scene had an overcast background, not a calm, blue sky (cause of the whole invasion thing). Any ideas for the reason to change?

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 105041
Is this a new scene? I can remember, but if it is...
There's no electric blue Tapu.
An Dialga, Palkia and Giratina were hidden in cloud formations on that map.
Just Sayin'.

Also noob question, how does one spoiler tag?

Edit: just checked it, this is a scene we've had before...sort of. In SUMO this scene had an overcast background, not a calm, blue sky (cause of the whole invasion thing). Any ideas for the reason to change?
Its probably while the battle between Nebby and Necrozma occurs/when the UBs descend. Also the spoiler tag option is the plus button next to in between the filmstrip/video button and the floppy disk/save button.

Also also did anyone notice the scene at the 0:45 marker with necronebby? Any idea what might be happening?

The trailer looks amazing, but it does look similar to the plot we already know.

However, I'm interested in the new villains and where Lusamine stands in this story.

The negativity is warranted, but hey if I myself am satisfied who cares! Solgaleo Lunala Portal Rides could be cool, an Ultra Space Metropolis is all kinds of WTF(no seriously WTF is going on), and I love how it seems that the UBs are just popping up everywhere ready to kick ass. I am now definitely sure that after the second island all bets are off and the game is completely new.

Back
Top Bottom