• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Giovanni is back. That's nice. Makes me wonder why they did it

I thought Team Rocket disbanded

Because Gamefreak doesn't care what happened in the older games. Now they can just handwave everything with ultra wormholes.

Is it confirmed Giovanni’s back? Or are we just assuming because Team Rocket is back? I can’t spot him in those scans. It could be Archer or Arianna (unlikely as it may seem.)

I think I speak for myself and one other particular user I know.

Why did Team Rocket have to come back?! This is literally more Kanto Glorification that I do not want. If it was just an Admin from Gen 2, I would be fine with that but we do not need Team Rocket in full.

If any team had to came back as a cameo, anyone from Team Galactic would be fine for me. Since I believe they are still technically active minus Mars, Juniper and Cyrus who is probably dead somewhere in the Distortion World.

I think I speak for myself and one other particular user I know.

Why did Team Rocket have to come back?! This is literally more Kanto Glorification that I do not want. If it was just an Admin from Gen 2, I would be fine with that but we do not need Team Rocket in full.

If any team had to came back as a cameo, anyone from Team Galactic would be fine for me. Since I believe they are still technically active minus Mars, Juniper and Cyrus who is probably dead somewhere in the Distortion World.
I can sort of see why you might be initially frustrated, but this makes the rumor where Rainbow Rocket was mentioned all the more likely, which would mean:
Rainbow Rocket contains all the bosses of the previous evil teams (Archie, Max, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Lysandre, etc.) as members. So it’s not only pandering to Kanto, but all the other regions. It’s just using Rocket as the main group because it was the first evil team.

Perhaps the rocket grunts we see are just trapped in a pocket dimension somewhere. It seems like a likely scenario given everything we know about ultra space.

It just been revealed that Team Rocket is going to appear in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Looks like more crazy things are going to happen, and Alola will become tangled under all of these people doing their thing. This is also the first time we get to see Giovanni in action since Heart Gold and Sole Silver.

uscard.jpg
umcard.jpg

*rubs temples*

Just can't help yourselves huh, GF?

The alleged Kanto pandering has not gotten as bad as it was in Gen VI imo...don't know enough to call them out yet, personally. This evil team business is insane, though. I suppose that as wacky as Gen VII is, it's at least daring to be wacky, and it's supposed to be fun, so I'll go along with it......honestly this could either be really interesting, stupid but fun to play, or very extremely bad.

At least they've finally sold me on actually buying UM with all the shiny promises of new content, pff

Predictions for a trailer Thursday:
  • Mimikyu Z-Move because it's spooky scary season
  • One or two Alola Forms if they exist, maybe another Ultra Beast or two if they don't (New Alola Forms seems more urgently in need of promotion, while we already know there's three new Ultra Beasts and hints have been dropped that there will be more)
  • The scene that contains this leaked screenshot
  • A tease of Rainbow Rocket, since the entire Internet is basically aware of them now and it would be anticlimactic to not address them until the games come out (hopefully not spoiling all of their plans, though)
Predictions for Corocoro in November:
  • Any new Pokemon/Ultra Beasts/forms that were in the aforementioned trailer
  • Either one or two new beasts/forms that weren't in any previous trailers or Togedemaru's Z-Move (then again, they've saved all the Ultra Beasts for trailers thus far, so unless there's a bunch of beasts/forms left to reveal they might save it for a final trailer)
  • Updates to Festival Plaza and/or other minor features in the same vein as Rotom
Predictions for a final trailer, approximately a week before the game comes out:
  • Anything that was in Corocoro but not any previous trailers
  • Misc. postgame stuff, including some of the legendary appearances
  • A few final new forms/Ultra Beasts to top us off, even if there weren't any new ones in Corocoro

If we don't get a trailer in 20 mins- 1hr 20mins time, I guess its safe to say we should be getting one tomorrow (if it's not tomorrow, considering all of this info we've got I think it's strange)

Because Gamefreak doesn't care what happened in the older games. Now they can just handwave everything with ultra wormholes.

Well understandably GameFreak want to sell as many copies as possible of their games, so sometimes appealing to the mass market is going to trump appealing to the die hard fans that have religiously followed the whole story throughout.

Well understandably GameFreak want to sell as many copies as possible of their games, so sometimes appealing to the mass market is going to trump appealing to the die hard fans that have religiously followed the whole story throughout.

There are ways of appealing to the mass market without pretending the past six generations of games never happened. Stop defending this nonsense.

Remember Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are alternate stories, so whatever happened to Giovanni in our universe may not have happened in theirs (i.e. Team Rocket disbanding, Giovanni quitting, etc.).
Frankly, this is why I disliked the idea of alternate realities when Zinnia first brought it up. I knew they'd use it to handwave so much things that they couldn't usually do.

Back
Top Bottom