• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Wayward

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, this was certainly very enlightening," Asyrah said, watching as they all managed to blow themselves away with their magic.

"Wait... wait!" Michael said, his energy stabilizing itself. "It's... happening..." After about fifteen seconds, he yelled, it blasting him back again. He was able to keep up the energy for longer, which was a bit surprising to the teacher.

"Good work, Mr. Vale," she said. It would only be a matter of time before the students began to show more improvement. When that happened, she would move onto something more complex.

Vara sat stunned, her teeth clacking. It was over, but she felt so.. cold.

Last edited:
Tapping into her energy reserves, she tried stabilizing the energy with her prior experience in meditation. Clearing her mind, she willed it to stabilize itself. After straining her mind for quite some time, it begun to work. Clenching her teeth, Taiga clutched the katana in a death-grip, determined to fully stabilize it.

Max's attempt exploded almost instantly, though he didn't care, the boy flying back to the wall. Fortunately, for him, he fell straight into Natalie, who comforted his fall. Dazed, Max peeled off, face planting on the floor and moaning.

Vara shut her eyes and tried again. Telekinesis relied on electricity, her hand conducts electricity... Vara felt the electricity start up her body again it reached her elbow, and she used her magic to direct it back to her hand. She smiled and looked into the center of her hand. The blue light stretched along it like spiderweb. She focused and pushed it inward to a more concentrated spot... Then it blew upward...

A blast of energy shot out of her hand like a Lazer beam. It webbed into her fingertips, and started shooting out like small finger lazers. She aimed her hand at a wall. She was struggling to stay on her feet as she tried to control it.

The magic thinned and began to give away. She looked at the wall. At the little black marks she burned into it. The electricity still shot like zaps, but then it slowed down and returned to a little ball in her hand. "That was the coolest thing ever.." She said, as the energy flashed away with a swipe of her hand.

"Stupid magic." Max grumbled when he exploded for the second time. "Screw it, I quit." He sulked, sitting on his chair and crossing his arms.

Magic class had ended for the group. Though headway was made, it was clear that their advancement would take a bit of time. When they got home, Lucas was sitting on the couch watching TV.

Michael entered the home, waving. "Yo, Lucas," he said to the male.

"Oh, hey, uh..." Lucas tapped his remote. "Michael?"

"Yep. Good job," Michael said.

"You all back from class?"

Michael nodded. "Yep. All in one piece. I think. Some of us more-so than others, I guess," he shrugged.
@Prez; @Flaze; @Yang Xiao Long; @FinalArcadia; @progressforth; @Rolling Girl; @Neopolitan; @Winter Rain;

Vara jogged into the house, she paced for a second. She sat down on a couch, she closed her eyes and laid there, taking her mind off things.

"What's that?" Max asked as he walked into the living room, pointing curiously at the TV.

Once Taiga had arrived in the house, she had almost immediately made a beeline for her room. She was beyond exhausted from straining her mind, all just to control her aura energy. Suppressing a yawn, she felt her eyelids grow heavy with her prior fatigue.

Vara looked up at the ceiling as she leaned against the back of the couch. She looked at the spotted surface and sighed. She would learn...

Back in the warehouse, Noelle had somewhat lamely announced that her specialization was in healing powers. Not even her attempts at channeling her power had made up for how dull she felt her specialization must sound to the others, as her attempts had been nothing spectacular in the slightest.

Now back at the house, she found herself in a somewhat foul mood. "What I wouldn't give to be able to specialize in something more flashy," she thought.

Even so, she tried to not let her demeanor let on to her inner issues and began to focus on the strange flickering box that Max had pointed out. "The Earthlings say they don't have magic, but then what exactly is this? A different kind of magic from ours?"

Max scratched his head in thought. "Well, whatever it is looks like it distracts the watcher from the world around them...where do I sign up?"

"It's called a television," Natalie pointed out, turning towards Max and Noelle. "My brother told me that after he came to visit earth a couple of years ago, though this looks flatter to what he showed me and my parents," she said as she turned to the TV. "It seems to work through electricity and a bunch of other things, electricity seems to be the closest thing people on earth have to magic from what I gather."

"Uh... yeah, she's right," Lucas said. "TV's, like, a way for people to kinda... watch stuff. I guess."

Michael nodded. "I read that you guys can change the things you see on it. Like a crystal ball almost."

"Oh. Yeah. It's called 'changing the channel'," he said, tapping the remote to change the channel. It went from a kung-fu movie to a cartoon.

"Whoa, the people in there changed texture," Michael blinked.

"Oh, they aren't real."

"Not... real?" Michael raised an eyebrow. He looked at the group before looking back to Lucas. "You're watching illusions?"

"No. Well, uh, yeah. I guess you could call it that," Lucas tapped his finger on the armrest.

"I don't care what they are or what's happening, I wanna watch." Max stated, taking a seat on the sofa and watching the TV with interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom