• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Weird Transports?

MasterToshima

Game on!
Reaction score
Okay, in every single Pokemon game there are only weird transports.The only car or bike or any normal vehicles that can be seen is in Anime and it is a Bike that Officer Jenny drives(Officer Jenny is in Pokemon Yellow on that same bike but that doesnt count, right?) or any other normal vehicles in anime(I watched only 150 first episodes 'coz it was banned in Croatia).Only truck in the game is in Emerald, and its a moving-truck on the beggining of the game.There are tons of Ships or Boats in every game but there're no any Planes or Helichopters in the game.Sure, there are of course tons of weird machines that Team Aqua, Magma, Rocket and Galactic to steal legendary and other pokemons.Yet, there is an Raillway Station in Pokemon Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby and weird moving panels in every pokemon game's Bad Team's Headquarters(in D/P same panels are also in Fuego Ironworks).Sure, our protagonist is too young to drive but there are many "adult" people in Poke games or Anime.

Sounds more like a Pokemon World topic to me.

Anyways, they don't need vehicles, I think they prefer to travel by Pokemon or by foot.

What I find interesting is all the Jeeps, I think there have been more of them than other regular vehicles. Other than the Jenny bikes, of course.

Sorry for posting it in wrong forum...Your signature talks too Mondo.

It will be cool if you would have a Jeep and not a Fast trains in Safari Zone in new generation or any remake...Yup,Fast trains are not a bad idea but I think Jeeps are way better.

I think that people in the pokemon world are a lot more enviromently aware than we are, explaining the lack of vehicles. you also see that there are no enviro-crisises we have, such as plenty of fossil fuels, and no global warming due to emissions. They also seem to know a lot more about wind power, such as how they can power LaRousse city with only a handfull of towers. Plus if people drove everywhere, no trainers would scour the landscape in search of pokemon.

And Gary used to travel around in a car back in season 1...

There doesn't need to be as many cars when most personal transportation is supplied by flying Pokemon.

What I find interesting is all the Jeeps, I think there have been more of them than other regular vehicles. Other than the Jenny bikes, of course.

Well, the terrain in the pokemon world seems to be more suited for jeeps. They seem to have a lot of rough roads and forests around there, so I suppose they use more jeeps than any other car. Just my view though.

There's helicopters in Pokemon, but most of them have been used by Team Rocket.

They've also got huge-ass airships (Hikoukyuu and Battle Pyramid come to mind), but they seem to have means of function beyond what our world could manage (let's face it, a metal airship powered by propellers just isn't feasable under the laws of physics).

They've also got huge-ass airships (Hikoukyuu and Battle Pyramid come to mind), but they seem to have means of function beyond what our world could manage (let's face it, a metal airship powered by propellers just isn't feasable under the laws of physics).

You know, considering how the Battke Pyramid had a similar shape, a similar way of landing, and also a similar way of taking off to Ra's Ship from the "Stargate" Movie, I felt that it was a reference to Ra's Ship (I mean, hey, they've reference foreign stuff before (by foreign, I mean outside of Japan, of course), They also referenced a danish fairy tale (The Little Mermaid), they referenced a shakespeare play (Romeo and Juliet), and some others), they even referenced Sleeping Beauty as well, among others).

As for the Hikoukyuu, I'm sorry if I must ask, but could you please give me a screenshot of this Airship as well as a discription? I didn't watch much of Pokemon ever since that KidsWB airing of that dreadful "Socka Party", as well as some other factors, and I tried looking it up in Bulbapedia, but there weren't any matches.

On topic: I think that they do have vehicles, it's just that we don't really see many of them since it might affect you negatively (I mean, you have to worry about your pokemon's condition in the games, you don't even HAVE to worry about your own condition, and if they added in cars in the games, you would have your own condition at stake if they are moving.). I mean, in the Megaman Battle Network series, we didn't really see any cars (at least, not any MOVING cars), and that was supposed to take place far into the future.

Oh that Airship, where Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno and Ash 'n Co were traped...I saw 2. movie, and I totally agree with you.

Its weird because there really are tons of vehicles in Pokemon games and anime/movies, but really small amount of them are normal and that can be seen often in real world. And most of those "normal" vehicles is owned by evil teams.

Of course. It's the airship from the second movie (and it really needs its own article, but we don't know that much about it other than it appears to break the laws of physics and it's about the size of a mountain).

OH! Sorry, I didn't realize that it was named that. Then again, 4kids, KidsWB, and/or Nintendo didn't exactly GIVE it a name when they translated the movie (and not to mention that they didn't use the pamphlets that gave a backstory for Lawrence the III/Jiraduan, instead they used the Ancient Mew cards. I mean, wouldn't it be simpler to give away both an ancient mew card AND a Brochure for the movie?), but still.

Well, neither its name nor his name are given in the Japanese version of the film, just in the extra materials (although the captions of the dub call him Gelarden, which makes L3 rather strange).

Either way, there's no way that thing can fly by our world rules, nor the Battle Pyramid...at least Zero's ship looks like something that could actually get off the ground.

Well, neither its name nor his name are given in the Japanese version of the film, just in the extra materials (although the captions of the dub call him Gelarden, which makes L3 rather strange).

Yeah. and the official Power of One scrapbook seemed to refer to him as Lawrence the III. It's really strange, I mean, the only other times they have changed a character's name out of the blue was Commander Tyson and Virtually all of the characters from the LoT special (esp. the main characters.)

Either way, there's no way that thing can fly by our world rules, nor the Battle Pyramid...at least Zero's ship looks like something that could actually get off the ground.

Ironically, the Doomships in Super Mario Bros. 3 also faced a similar physics crash (some of the doomships had them flying with propellers.). And Zero's ship looks like some sort of starship (then again, considering the Robot maid Infi and his Magnezones, it doesn't surprise me.). Actually, his ship also resembles the Global Justice elite ship from Kim Possible (you know, that stealth plane that Will Du had when he and Kim partnered up?)

Bumblebees shouldn't be able to fly either, if you know your physics ;)

You do realize this is in a world were rodents shoot thunderbolts and dragosn are real, right?

Ironically, the Doomships in Super Mario Bros. 3 also faced a similar physics crash (some of the doomships had them flying with propellers.).

*must resist incredibly obvious comparasion of Jirarudan's hair to that of Ludwig von Koopa*

*...dammit, must resist!*

Anyway! They also say that a lot of parrots are incredibly badly built, aerodynamically speaking. African Grey parrots in particular, but mine flies just fine.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom