• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Welcome to the University of Pokemon! (sign up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Polelover: Did you not see, in the FIRST POST, the part where I said no godmodding? Having your character be Juan's student before he even went to first grade is WAY over the top. It's fine if he's a good battler, but he's here primarily to STUDY, not battle. You're making him into a prodigy, however, and an overpowered prodigy at that.

The "Major/Minor" was to DECLARE his major or minor -- Pokestyling, Pokemon Biology, and so on. I don't know what you thought it meant...but that's something that you could have easily seen if you'd even looked at the other player's sign-ups. Yes, your character is allowed to have pokemon (another thing that was easily solved on your own by reading BOTH the first post and other people's sign-ups), but if you fill your team with powerhouses, it is NOT going to be taken well.

Remember that in this RP, you are a STUDENT, not some all-powerful battling god like I'm seeing your character turn into in all the other RPGs I've seen you in.

Fix your post, and then I'll see about accepting you.

^ You beat me to editing this into my earlier post, but I have another couple things.

First off, simply "Battling" is too wide a major. What's his focus within that? Gym battles? Strategy? Battle Theory?

Secondly, I've had to ask this of a couple other people, too. I put in the first post that the Kanto campus, where this RP is taking place, is well known for it's science programs. Hoenn, on the other hand, is known for it's battling programs. Why is your character, who is from Hoenn and so interested in battling, decide to come to this campus? Was there someone here who he wanted to be with? Family pressures?

Ditch the multi-billionaire bit, and you're in. Was that in there before? I'm not sure how I missed that...

polelover, you are ACCEPTED.

All right, sign-ups are closed! Pale Bones and I will be putting up our character's bios shortly, so be on the lookout for those. After that, I'll get the start-up going (unless PB would like to do it). Due to family matters, I will most likely not be able to post at all this weekend, so if I'm not around, or if it takes until Monday for me to get my bio up, don't come whining. I WILL have my bio up on Monday, if I don't get it up today, so just wait until then. I hope you all have fun on this RP! ^_^

Last edited:
This looks interesting.
Are you sure there's no room left?

This looks interesting.
Are you sure there's no room left?

PM me your bio and we'll see. Mainly, I imposed the cutoff to try and limit the amount of plot digressions, and keep too many people from going off and doing their own thing, which can easily happen in an RPG like this. If you feel you can keep with that, then I may make an exception. No offense -- I love huge RPGs with lots of people -- but for something like this, a smaller core group of characters works better. But yeah, if you really want to join, PM me your bio, and we'll see! :)

Zephy.Changes...you are IN! ^_^ I loved your character's bio -- that personality is going to make things pretty interesting, I think. Different, anyway. I'll make an exception to my cutoff and let you in. If you could please post your bio on this thread so that the other players can look at it, that would be great! ^_^ Welcome!

Name: Donovan Wilson
Physical appearance: He has messy, curly, chocolate brown hair and pale blue eyes. He is a bit on the pale side but not unusually so. He blends in with most crowds. He wears a black pea coat. Almost everyday he wears faded navy jeans. Occasionally he will wear neutral coloured dress pants. He is 5'10 and 170 pounds.
Personality: He prefers bug type Pokémon. He plays the acoustic guitar and sings for money. The only sport he can do well is swim. He is quiet usually until he starts to sing. Donovan is a true romantic but lacking in self confidence. A shy introvert he is often in his room writing songs with his Pokémon. He rarely shows too much feeling other than his songs because he's afraid to get hurt.
Major/Minor: Major in Pokémon Immunology
History: His father owns a business that manufactures Pokédolls in Viridian City. He was expected to join the family business but wanted to be a scientist. He is the only child of a wealthy couple and has very high expectations. His mother is less strict then his father.

Dude I am not good with specifying! But if I have to I'll be more specific on something of your choice

Dude I am not good with specifying! But if I have to I'll be more specific on something of your choice

Just flesh out her history a little bit. Did she travel? What region is she from? And please just give her a last name. Those two questions can be decided upon with a simple yes/no, and just state it. If she did travel, how many regions did she go to, and which ones? Not that hard.

So much for sticking to my limit. We now have yet ANOTHER late arrival, accepted on the basis of his awesome bio! ^_^ Welcome, Milotic2003! I've put up your bio here, but if you want to put it up yourself, that's fine.

Milotic2003 said:
Name: Aiedail Knight

Physical Appearance: Aiedail has long brown hair with blonde highlights, standing at about 5’6” and weighing in at about 117 pounds. She is very slender, and is very flexible, which disguises her athletic build. She wears a green tank top with a red stripe running around it, which outlines her slight figure. She also wears bell bottom bluejeans with a white belt and heather flip-flops. She also has a brown jacket in her blue teardrop-shaped backpack at all times.

Personality: Her general personality includes being kind, loyal, and gentle to anyone she befriends, but when challenged or if she sees that her friends are in trouble she will immediately becomes fierce. She is a rather picky eater, which might contribute to her petit figure. Her favorite sport is volleyball, of any kind; she also participates in gymnastics and karate. Her hobbies are swimming for fun, and being a bibliophile.

Major/Minor: Major-Pokémon Biology; Minor-Pokémon Medicines

History: She was born in Pallet Town; just outside of her families’ Pokémon complex, the Pokémon Village. She grew up there as well, being raised around Pokémon, most Pokémon come to her because they sense the aura around her is pure and gentle. She decided to go to the University of Pokémon Kanto branch, to increase her wealth of knowledge, in her quest to better the Pokémon world. However, she came late as she decided learn under her grandparents and parents for a year before coming.

We kinda need more older people ^_^ which is where my character comes in.

Name: Cameron Hoyt
Physical Appearance: Cameron is very tall, standing about 6'6", but also very skinny. He's got short, golden-blonde hair, fair skin, and dazzling deep blue eyes, matched only by his smile. His nose is crooked, due to having been broken once while playing tennis. He never wears the same outfit twice, especially when he goes out, and his choice of clothing is usually unpredictable. He can usually be seen in clothes that show off his toned body, though. He is also capable of dressing in a fashion most people would consider 'normal,' as well, though he doesn't do that too often.
Personality: Cameron is very exuberant and friendly, always willing to meet new people -- especially hot guys. He is pretty much the textbook definition of a 'flaming homo,' but doesn't care one jot. He is very prone to just laughing things off with his loud, distinct laugh, is always looking for a good time, and doesn't worry about what other people think. Often, he tells them they think too much. Despite this, Cameron is exceptionally intelligent, and when he does get angry, is more prone to cutting down his opponent with a scathing wit, rather than with blows. Despite the fact that he appears to be a casual student, as a third year student, he is enrolled in some very challenging and demanding courses, and is doing well. He doesn't usually play sports, but does enjoy swimming and tennis as well as pokemon battles.
Major/Minor: Double-major in Pokemon Biochemistry and Contest Battles, with an emphasis on adapting contest strategies to non-contest battles, and vice versa. Minor in Pokemon History (falls under the CPASS*)
History: Cameron was born in Mahogany Town, Jhoto, and has two older sisters. He was fortunate that they were around, because he had the bad luck to be born during a time when there simply weren't a lot of other children his age for him to play with. He grew fascinated with the things his sisters did, and was the only one who didn't seem to realize that is wasn't considered 'normal' for a boy to be acting the way he did. Even when he obtained a younger brother at about age five, Cameron still preferred the company of his sisters. His family would regularly take trips up to the Lake of Rage, where Cameron learned to swim and became a fairly strong swimmer.

He somehow always knew he liked guys, and came out to his parents when he was sixteen, and -- much to his surprise -- they were both shocked and outraged. Heartbroken, he left and started a Pokemon journey, just to get away. For a while, he even contemplated suicide, but immediately bonded with the Cndaquil in Professor Elm's lab (it was a runty pokemon, not likely to ever get very strong, and the other two starters outcasted it). With the companionship of the Cyndaquil, whom he named Aiden, Cameron slowly emerged from his depression. Though he competed in the gyms of Jhoto and Kanto, he never earned enough badges to compete in their respective leagues. Just as he was about to give up being a trainer, he discovered contests, and with them, his passion. He has since competed in the Kanto Grand Festival, but upon hearing about the university, decided to stay and study so that he might prepare for a career after contests as well as improve his own contest skills.

EDIT: polelover! I asked you to give Ben a last name last week. Please give him one, or I will rescind your acceptance!

Don't panic, now...I know CPASS didn't exist before tonight. But after heavy deliberation, I decided that there were too many opportunities for really creative majors -- Pokemon Performance, or history, or mythology -- that just didn't fit into any of the other colleges. CPASS, or the College of Pokemon Arts and Social Sciences, has the least amount of majors directly related to Pokemon themselves, but is still an integral part of the campus. For an example of real-world majors which fall into this kind of category, go here.

If anyone wants to change their character's majors so that they fall within this college instead, feel free to do so. LightningTopaz, I remember you wanted Drama as a major? That could fit here, under perhaps "Pokemon Performance."

Last edited:
lol, ok, how do I explain this? .......................................................I am a boy! oh yeah, and don't forget that the age is wrong, it is supposed to be twenty!

...Oops. Fixed. Sorry about that, Milotic

its ok, the character is a girl, but my literal blood and bone self is a boy! i mean if you read that post, and nothing else all you see is girl, but hey mistakes are made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom