• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you call the currency?

What do you call it?

• Pokémon Dollars

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PokéDollars

Votes: 94 28.1%
  • PokéMoney

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Zenny

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • PokéYen

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Pen

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pyen

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dollars

Votes: 47 14.0%
  • Yen

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Credits

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Poké

Votes: 72 21.5%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 58 17.3%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure they're PokéDollars (at least that's what the Pokemon Monopoly game we had used to call them), but I just refer to them as dollars.

Used to call them "Poké". Nowadays I just call it "yen" for simplicity and because it sounds less stupid.

He even gives the USD equivalent when he talks about how much stuff costs in the games, it confuses me sometimes, haha.

Sweet, that's what I do.

Although I just divide it by 100.

In my mind, I call it Dollars, because of its common usage. I find it amusing that Zenny is one of the options on the poll, since it is normally associated with the currency in some of Capcom's games, like Megaman Battle Network.

If I recall correctly, in Dragon Ball and some other Japanese series that take place in an alternate world, they use the word 'zenny' for their currencies, not just in Capcom games. I think it's like the universal fantasy currency in Japan, so it makes sense that some people call the -internationally- unnamed Pokécurrency, 'zenny'.

Yes, I said unnamed currency. The Orre games are not developed by Game Freak so I take everything from that series with a grain of salt.

Pokedollars, but the gay Korean SS version I have (which doesn't let me trade with other language-based games, even HGSS, btw) just calls it won, like the real currency, though I still call it Pokedollars anyway, as all my other games are like that.

I use to call it Pokepoints but now I call it Pokedollars/pokebucks <--and not with the e accent either :-D

I always thought PokéDollars was cute, so that is what I call it now. However, when I first started playing red (and I was like... 8 or 9?) I called it "P" xD;;

I don't think I call them anything. I just say "it costs 500." "That nugget is worth 5000."

I call it Pokebux.

Me: W00t! I just got 12 grand!
My mother: 12 grand! W00t!
Me: No, on Pokemon. I got 12 grand in Pokebux.
My mother: I'm very dissapointed in you, Noob.

Back
Top Bottom