• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

How about new Pokedex entries that don't repeat information from past games? For instance, I've been told for five generations now that Magnemite uses electromagnetism to float; can we get some information that's interesting and not totally repetitive?

How about new Pokedex entries that don't repeat information from past games? For instance, I've been told for five generations now that Magnemite uses electromagnetism to float; can we get some information that's interesting and not totally repetitive?

I'd be happy if they just go back and edit the information to make any sense.

That reminds me though:
- Re-record pokemon cries. I understand that the cry is a part of the pokemon's identity and Gamefreak wouldn't want to change it any more then they would change the designs, but they are annoying and it only becomes more noticeable with each system the games are released on.

That reminds me though:
- Re-record pokemon cries. I understand that the cry is a part of the pokemon's identity and Gamefreak wouldn't want to change it any more then they would change the designs, but they are annoying and it only becomes more noticeable with each system the games are released on.

I'm going to have to agree. As much as they're part of Pokemon species identity, I think it will look weird to look at a fully 3D Charizard that makes a noise recorded in 1996 (think Battle Revolution). I'd like them to not go too far from their cries, but make it more suitable to a 3D game. IIRC, I think Pokemon Stadium had different cries than their standard ones? Maybe something like that?

That reminds me though:

I'm going to have to agree. As much as they're part of Pokemon species identity, I think it will look weird to look at a fully 3D Charizard that makes a noise recorded in 1996 (think Battle Revolution). I'd like them to not go too far from their cries, but make it more suitable to a 3D game. IIRC, I think Pokemon Stadium had different cries than their standard ones? Maybe something like that?

Both the N64 Stadium games had the same cries from the gameboy games, they were just re-arranged in a way where the quality was noticeably improved, but were otherwise the same. They haven't done this since then.

That reminds me though:

Both the N64 Stadium games had the same cries from the gameboy games, they were just re-arranged in a way where the quality was noticeably improved, but were otherwise the same. They haven't done this since then.

Ah, okay. I do wonder why they haven't done it again, though. I mean, one would guess that improving them further would make the most sense, but oh well.

Hmmm, I don't know. A larger region would be nice, with more towns and cities. OH, wait, I want a remake of ruby and sapphire! Definitely. (best games ever!) so disappointed it didn't come in gen 5...
A better plot. Unova's plot was the best so far, but they can do much better than that. If the games had to live or die by quality of plot, Pokemon would have died years ago.
And without a doubt we need more water types in the new region! Can't have enough of those :)

I want attack animations to come from the proper parts of the Pokemon, like the mouth or hand, and not just the center of the sprite. This way we won't get stuff like Leavanny shooting String Shots from a certain location... Based on the trailer, this will probably happen, so I'm hopeful...

That reminds me though:

Ah, okay. I do wonder why they haven't done it again, though. I mean, one would guess that improving them further would make the most sense, but oh well.

Would probably take too much time I guess, that or they probably just don't see a point in it. I have to admit, remixing voice cries does seem like such a small-scale thing in comparison to everything else that actually needs doing. And it appears to me that the voice clips from the handheld games have been preserved in impeccable condition to be able to be reused for close to 20 years, thus there's less of a reason to re-record and remix. Honestly, improving the quality of the cries seems such a redundant thing to me. Sure the older sounds do become more noticeable by the generations, but it's never really been something that outright bothered me.

...Well except maybe Electabuzz's cry, as much as I do love him. But other than that, everything's been personally fine to me.

I want a flamingo Pokemon. I can picture it being the Flying-type's answer to Wormadam, having several versions of the same species that have a type in common but one individual, and each able to learn moves the others can't. The reason I think it would work like that is because a flamingo's diet determines its color. They're born snow white, but the pink shrimp they eat give them the pink pigment they're known for. I can picture a white baby flamingo Pokemon, which changes color each time it beats a Pokemon of a certain type. For example, if it beats a Fire-type, at the end of the battle it will become red, and it will remain red until it defeats a Pokemon that isn't Fire-type. If the Pokemon it beats has multiple types, it will take on the color of a random one of them, so if it beats a Lotad it would become either blue or green. Then, when it evolves, it takes on a second type which varies based on its color at the time of evolution, so if it's red when it evolves it becomes Flying/Fire-type, if it's blue it becomes Water/Flying, if it's yellow it becomes Electric/Flying, etc.

That reminds me though:

Would probably take too much time I guess, that or they probably just don't see a point in it. I have to admit, remixing voice cries does seem like such a small-scale thing in comparison to everything else that actually needs doing. And it appears to me that the voice clips from the handheld games have been preserved in impeccable condition to be able to be reused for close to 20 years, thus there's less of a reason to re-record and remix. Honestly, improving the quality of the cries seems such a redundant thing to me. Sure the older sounds do become more noticeable by the generations, but it's never really been something that outright bothered me.

...Well except maybe Electabuzz's cry, as much as I do love him. But other than that, everything's been personally fine to me.

Except it is such a small thing to change that it would be ridiculous not to re-record cries at this point. The sound quality for new systems will get better, but not to the point that 3DS recordings will need to be replaced. They could simply record high quality cries and change them into whatever format the 3DS or any system uses. After that cries could be used indefinitely with no noticeable differences in sound quality.

It doesn't bug me much in most games but the difference in sound quality between the cries and battle music was brutal in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. It is always annoying though. Still not a game breaker for me either. It's just something that should be improved. I wonder if that was Yveltal's in game cry we heard in the trailer. I think I'm just rambling now.

It's nice to think at this point 3D models would not need to be remade for every generation either. Improved of course but not remade. They would even have more time to improve battle animations.

I want the ability to import pokemon. Having to move only 6 at a time via the current method (or simple trading if both games are in the same generation) takes WAY too long. Example: I have ~500 pokemon in Black version, so when Black 2 came out, I wanted to move them over to that. However, since I couldn't import them all at once or even a box at a time, i had to catch a weak pokemon 500 times and trade 500 times. I bought Black 2 on release day and I still haven't finished.

By import, I mean you have both games and two systems, then you press a button and boom, all the pokemon are sent to your new game. It would be okay if they only let you do it in the post game.

I've been saying this non stop. My idea is being able to trade over your trainer card to a new game after you beat the elite four in the one your transferring from. It would trade over all data related to that save file instantly and would act as like a new game plus for the next gen. There'd have to be a catch I'm thinking needing to beat the elite four to unlock your old Pokemon. And the games story would change a bit to treat you like a trainer who just arrived to the new region. So let me break it down.

Joe beat Pokemon purple. Pokemon jade just came out at the start of jade there'd be an option under new game called transfer trainer, it would access saved data on the sd card and pull it up. Joe has just arrived in jades region.

I dont think that would work because this would make playing the new games way to easy. Just imagine this: Joe arrives in jades region with an Uber and overpowered legendary in his party at level 100!! See what I mean, this would make the new games too easy and boring, especially for me since I actually EV train and IV breed for my pokemon.

Last edited:
Pokemon Customization!!! Character Customization would be great and all, but Pokemon Customization would be EVEN BETTER!!!!

In Pokemon X and Y, I want a special slot just for eggs, so I don't have to overpopulate my team with them

Eggcellent idea. I don't mean to poach your post, but something like an egg box would be awesome. Or an egg pocket...or egg satchel. I'm gonna stop before my brain gets scrambled. But yeah, Game Freak could easily include that kind of feature if they fry hard enough.

I am genuinely in favour of this... I'm not just Ben - a - dic ... t

Oh how I crack myself up.

Only yolking... this really isn't very funny. Ah well... I'm off to get laid.

Eggcellent idea. I don't mean to poach your post, but something like an egg box would be awesome. Or an egg pocket...or egg satchel. I'm gonna stop before my brain gets scrambled. But yeah, Game Freak could easily include that kind of feature if they fry hard enough.

I am genuinely in favour of this... I'm not just Ben - a - dic ... t

Oh how I crack myself up.

Only yolking... this really isn't very funny. Ah well... I'm off to get laid.

You just won the internet. Congratulations.

Being serious for a moment here, that would raise the issue of where the Pokemon goes once the egg hatches. Sending a little hatchling straight to the PC seems a tad... cold.

I want to see the return of underground exploring. That was one of my favorite aspects of DPPt, especially the thrill that came every time I discovered some rare item like an Odd Keystone or some rare fossil.

Also, we're long overdue for a few kinds of animals I can think of off the top of my head:
*House Fly
*Pegasus (possible Rapidash evo)
*Woodpecker
*Mosquito
*Whale Shark

So, what kind of fossils do you think we might see this time?
We've already got an ancient shrimp (I forgot the name of the specific species it's based off of), a sea lilly, an ammonite, a trilobite, a pterodactyl, a triceratops, a pachycephalosaurus (pardon my spelling), an archelon, and an archaeopteryx.
One fossil Pokemon I'd love to see is a dimetrodon that evolves into a spinosaurus. Both of them are carnivorous ancient reptiles with massive sails on their back, although the dimetrodon went extinct I think over 100 million yeas before the spinosaurus first evolved.

So, what kind of fossils do you think we might see this time?
We've already got an ancient shrimp (I forgot the name of the specific species it's based off of), a sea lilly, an ammonite, a trilobite, a pterodactyl, a triceratops, a pachycephalosaurus (pardon my spelling), an archelon, and an archaeopteryx.
One fossil Pokemon I'd love to see is a dimetrodon that evolves into a spinosaurus. Both of them are carnivorous ancient reptiles with massive sails on their back, although the dimetrodon went extinct I think over 100 million yeas before the spinosaurus first evolved.

I hope there's a T-Rex and a caudipteryx.

Another good fossil Pokemon I can think of would be a stegosaurus; it could prove very powerful with those massive spikes on its tail.

Also, I just realized that we're still long overdue for a dolphin Pokemon. We have a whale (I know, technically two whales, but I count them as one because they're in the same evolution line) and a shark, but no dolphins. A sea urchin would be neat too.

I didn't like the Underground though, cause I completely sucked at it, haha.

I'd like to see a three-stage fossil family based on the Velociraptor and Utahraptor, with them being the first and third stages, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom