• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your ideal weather?

Surprisingly, I kind of have a soft spot for cold weather! Perhaps my time living in places like New York City during the wintertime has made me immune to it all, but for me, there’s just a weird feeling of comfort being in a large coat (or coats, plural) as the chill air bounces off and around you. I also just kind of like snow in general, haha, and have since I was a little kid. It’s probably my favorite thing that falls from the sky, actually!

Besides that, I do also like mild weather that’s not too cold yet not too hot either, so like springtime or early autumn-like environments. And it probably helps that, not unlike my love of snow, I don’t really mind rain either! At least if it’s not accompanied by thunder and lightning (which I certainly do mind). And so long as I have a nice, large umbrella handy so that I can enjoy the rain from a dry, comfortable place. From the safety of there, the rain can be quite a beautiful thing! Especially if sunlight or even a rainbow comes soon after…

Gosh, clouds. Clouds all the way. Rain is nice too, especially if I'm cozy indoors and drinking a nice warm drink.

I'm one of the few people who dislikes sunny weather and genuinely does not like being out in the sun at all. Only ever seen a few other people who feel the same way haha. ;_; For temperature ideally it would be something like 8-14C. Anything over 20+ is very meh, and 25+ is absolutely ew. I say this while living in Australia which is hotter than many other places, and in the sunniest state to boot. /high5self

What most people would call "oppressively warm". I like to be super hot, and I'm a big fan of being able to go out in the sunshine. I also prefer it to be not super humid and a little windy though, just cause otherwise the air feels super stiff on hot days and it's uncomfortable to breathe.
...my ideal weather doesn't exist in Minnesota unfortunately, hot days are almost always coupled with irritating humidity when they exist.

Pretty much any weather where the sun is blotted out entirely. I'm a huge sucker for overcast; but rain is something that I cherish as well. I don't have an opinion on snow or related phenomena; since as someone who lives in California, I almost never experienced snow and hail in my entire life.

Cloudy, windy and cold... it sounds grim but especially during this time of year, it's fairly common to have weather like this when most of the time otherwise, it's too hot to be outside... This combination of weather effects makes for beautiful evenings...

Last edited:
Warm and sunny, with a gentle breeze and blue skies.

Honourable mention: Snow ~ Seeing towns covered in snow feels magical to me. I only get to see it once every 5 years or so, unfortunately.

My least favourite weather is heavy rain. I don't like the feeling of raincoats, umbrellas don't protect your legs (and get blown away..) and eventually the rain gets into your shoes. I'll stay inside and watch the thunder, thanks ^ ^;

Overcast and in the 40s or 50s F. I'll take it cooler/colder than that as well. I'm in my happy place when the bright, hot sun is behind clouds and the temperature is cool. Even if it's chilly enough to wear a jacket, that's preferable to heat. Chilly air just feels so much better to breathe. Heat does not agree with my lungs. Chilly air is just so refreshing, it feels me with happiness.

Mild springtime weather all the way! A pleasantly cold, breezy day with lots of sunshine is ideal!

Rain and wind, too! I've got a huge soft spot for intense thunderstorms - if the trees are bending in the wind and the rain's coming down so hard you can barely see, I am... probably outside. We recently had a drought here, and the first night it really rained again I swear I felt like a withered houseplant finally getting watered ^^;

Cold and snowy, or just cold, either works. I love the cold and I gain more energy/better health when it gets cold. It also completely clears my lungs and erases any asthma I might have. I also love snow. As a result, winter is my favorite time of the year. You're more likely to find me in Antarctica than Hawaii. :giggle:

Anything between 50-70 degrees when it's not too cold or hot is fine for me. I really like cold weather during autumn and winter, mainly because the cold air is so refreshing to breathe and it gives me energy. Plus, I think the sight of snowflakes and snow in general can be absolutely gorgeous, and I love winter activities like sledding. I don't get why some people have such an aversion to cold weather, unless they experience seasonal depression when it gets cold outside. I'd much rather experience cold weather than get roasted like a rotisserie chicken during the summer. In addition, I find there are more ways for me to accommodate cold temperatures than when it gets hot outside. Though I don't like it when the temperature gets to the extremes, ick.

Same as above, but at 20-25 degrees Celsius instead. Or rain if I don't wanna go out.

I like sunny, but I prefer a cloudy sky and the cool air, and dampness, like 60-80 Fahrenheit. I just really like the cold spring breeze, it seems so nostalgic.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom