• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of features do you want to see?

I want more people to be walking there pokemon. It seems weird to have only a select few doing that.

I'd really prefer highly detailed sprites over 3D, but then again, I'd have to see the 3d before I'd say no to it.

I'd really prefer highly detailed sprites over 3D, but then again, I'd have to see the 3d before I'd say no to it.

Pokemon stadium... it looked just fine. The DS is also more powerful in cartridge space by 2x. It wouldn't be a problem.

You say that, but it's not like GF did stadium. Again, I can't just say yes to it, but what does what I say yes to matter.

Maybe they could go the fable route and let you carve out your own journey. Like let you join the evil originization if you wanted or something.

I dunno.

You say that, but it's not like GF did stadium. Again, I can't just say yes to it, but what does what I say yes to matter.

Nope, but who said gamefreak was working alone? stuff is still being speculated. it could be cell shaded 3d to look animeish. id love that.

Anybody know if it's possible to play the main game and be connected to wifi at the sametime?

I mean, i would LOVE if we could be connected while traveling and we get messages like "Spinzilla challenges you to a battle" or "Spinzilla invites you to join in some minigames". You could have options like "yes", "No" or "Lemme finish this battle first".

probably near impossible on the DS, but it could happen if we were allowed a Wii Pokemon game.

Anybody know if it's possible to play the main game and be connected to wifi at the sametime?

I mean, i would LOVE if we could be connected while traveling and we get messages like "Spinzilla challenges you to a battle" or "Spinzilla invites you to join in some minigames". You could have options like "yes", "No" or "Lemme finish this battle first".

probably near impossible on the DS, but it could happen if we were allowed a Wii Pokemon game.

It won't happen, at least not in these games. Wifi technology hasn't evolved that much, unless they go the Blackberry route, which I doubt.

And we aren't talking about wii games.

I also want to see the RSE secret bases returning. They were one of my favourite features ever.

I also want to see the RSE secret bases returning. They were one of my favourite features ever.

"RSE secret bases returning"? You sound as if they already scrapped them, when DPPt kept them, just moved them to the underground. Personally, I'liked bedroom decoration the most.

Yeah I spent way more time in my bedroom than random tree or underground. Liked trying way to hard to get the snorlax doll in GS.

"RSE secret bases returning"? You sound as if they already scrapped them, when DPPt kept them, just moved them to the underground. Personally, I'liked bedroom decoration the most.

Don't bash on how he said it, you know what he meant. I'd also like to see that style of secret base return, with multiple types of bases easily accessible and freely movable from the overworld, not shoved away in a part of the game that's a pain to get to. DPPt secret bases were only pretty cool if you had a lot of people to do the capture-the-flag and otherwise screw around with.

Actually, I'm thinking that they should keep in the capture-the-flag mechanic in this generation while still going back to RSE-style bases, using the entire overworld. Go into a special wireless mode that blocks off certain areas and features, disable Fly, and offer a really great prize at the end for all the trouble. I'd be all over that.

I'm sure most people playing Platinum customized their Villa a whole lot more than their actual secret base, just because the underground was novel at first and then you kinda forgot about it.

I mean the fact that you can battle each other, and still see other people's secret base without them actuall ybeing online. And they are way more fun overworld

Don't bash on how he said it, you know what he meant. I'd also like to see that style of secret base return, with multiple types of bases easily accessible and freely movable from the overworld, not shoved away in a part of the game that's a pain to get to. DPPt secret bases were only pretty cool if you had a lot of people to do the capture-the-flag and otherwise screw around with.

This was indeed what I meant.

Actually, I'm thinking that they should keep in the capture-the-flag mechanic in this generation while still going back to RSE-style bases, using the entire overworld. Go into a special wireless mode that blocks off certain areas and features, disable Fly, and offer a really great prize at the end for all the trouble. I'd be all over that.

I've actually been fantasizing about that being possible since r/s. Being able to move around together in an overworld. It would be cool, but probably take up a lot of memory too.

I'm sure most people playing Platinum customized their Villa a whole lot more than their actual secret base, just because the underground was novel at first and then you kinda forgot about it.

And that's why the rse bases need to come back.

Here's something I've been waiting to see for a while now: might they finally allow Pokémon to evolve during battle? I've never seen the logic of why they can't, and it would add a lot of drama to the battles it happened during (especially Gym battles and the like, where level-ups are more likely to occur).

Here's something I've been waiting to see for a while now: might they finally allow Pokémon to evolve during battle? I've never seen the logic of why they can't, and it would add a lot of drama to the battles it happened during (especially Gym battles and the like, where level-ups are more likely to occur).

I like this idea, but it will be much better if the opponent evovles also.

I like this idea, but it will be much better if the opponent evovles also.

That would actually be kinda badass, if they actually calculated EXP for opponents, and set some major opponents' Pokémon to have just enough EXP to evolve after knocking yours out. It wouldn't be a sure thing that they'd evolve, but it would be a crazy surprise.

Also, even if full-3D battles don't happen, I'd love to see them put in 3D cutscenes for the opening of every major battle: the Gym Leader struts a bit, then throws out their Pokémon, and you throw out yours, and then it transitions to the actual battle screen.

That would actually be kinda badass, if they actually calculated EXP for opponents, and set some major opponents' Pokémon to have just enough EXP to evolve after knocking yours out. It wouldn't be a sure thing that they'd evolve, but it would be a crazy surprise.

Also, even if full-3D battles don't happen, I'd love to see them put in 3D cutscenes for the opening of every major battle: the Gym Leader struts a bit, then throws out their Pokémon, and you throw out yours, and then it transitions to the actual battle screen.

THIS. THIS. THIS! THIS!!

And I'd add some voice acting to the mix. Not full dialogues, just a challenge sentence, one or two for taunting you during battle (somehow like "Got'cha!" or "I won't give up") and one after the battle ("This can't be!" or "Congratulations!") for each mayor character (Rival, Gym Leaders, Main Villain, E4 and Champion) in a similar fashion to that of Puzzle League for the good ol' Nintendo 64.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom