• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of modification would you give existing moves?

"Feint" should be changed so that it not only breaks a target's Protect/Detect, but if the opponent is trying to use any other priority move, Feint should go first and make the opponent flinch. Making it like a Fake Out, that can break Protect/Detect, and stops Priority moves.

It'd be awesome, and would make a pretty cool Hitmontop counter.

Last edited:
x12 according to Smogon, however it still doesn't go beyond +6
Right. Basically, even if you've been hit with something like Charm 3 times, it'll boost your Attack all the way to maximum, esentially negating all those stat dips you took. You still get the idea though - x6 if you use it on a normal switch in, x12 if you've hit the bottom of the barrel.

Add Poison Fang as well, it's always overseen:uhoh:
Migthyena might be the only Pokemon that can use the combo, but that have never stopped the people at GF from doing stuff. Iron Fist boosts Dizzy Punch after all.
That's fine. You're right, it's not that big of a combo since only one Pokemon gets it. In fact, the number of Pokemon able to use these combos would be on the small side (Withdrawn+Skull Bash or Meditate for instance) because they aren't widely spreadout. Of course, if they went and turned them into TMs, then we might have a problem...

winstein said:
I would also think that Meditate should only employ one of the effects instead of two, since either effect are strong in their own way, and one of them working is already good.
With my changes, I don't see it getting too terribly overpowered. Some Pokemon that get Meditate don't necessarily care about their Attack stat, so the fact that it forces your next damaging move to use your attack stat, even if boosted some Pokemon wouldn't find that useful. Hence, I threw in the Focus Energy effect in order to make Focus Energy obsolete if a Pokemon happens to learn both.

Half the time it would be used by a physical attacker anyway (Medicham, Hypno, Hitmonlee, Primeape). The other half is made up of Mr. Mime (who gets Power Swap anyway) with huge Special Attack and Pokemon with the same Atk/Sp.Atk and could use a stronger move to compenstate, like Croagunk.

I would suggest Howl to also increase the Attack of nearby partner Pokemon, making the users of the move good team players. I am sure there is a reason for this, but I don't remember. I would also think that Meditate should only employ one of the effects instead of two, since either effect are strong in their own way, and one of them working is already good.

I think you'r talking about how wolf will start to howl, and other members will start to join in, one reason they howl is to let other members of there pack now there location so they wont get seperated from the rest of the pack, the one you'r talking about though I believe refers to how some wolves will howl befroe going on a hunt to exite there fellow members.

So going with all that, I'm not to sure about the fang moves, It could work but the boost in power would be like 50% also it should still boost power by only one stage but it will also have an effect similar to mind reader, so that the next move used wont miss and in a double battle the partner would get the same benefits, and one effect I definetly want is for it to double the base power of Beat Up if it has been used before since the moves sucks, and the whole concept of the move is working as a pack

i feel the move aura sphere isn't 'finish'. It has a high base power of 90 and perfect accuracy but i don't think that is all it should have. I would give it one of two effects, the first one being this: aura sphere has perfect accuracy but a 50% chance of hitting the pokemon the first turn, if the attack misses it will hit on the second turn. It's a random 1-2 turn hit. The other change I would make is that if an opponent is using fly or dig, this attack hits them as double power.

I would change Fly's accuracy. Right now it's 90 or 95 (I don't remember), but actually when the attacking Pokemon is in the air, it can look down and easily see where the enemy is, so it should have 100% accuracy, I think.

I would change Fly's accuracy. Right now it's 90 or 95 (I don't remember), but actually when the attacking Pokemon is in the air, it can look down and easily see where the enemy is, so it should have 100% accuracy, I think.
That's the thing though. The Flyer has to take time to swoop down. The enemy can use that to dodge.

I would say skill swap, i would change it so after the battle you can choose to keep the ability, I really wanted a thick fat dragonair. To get that I would teach an abra skill swap get thick fat go double battle and swap with my dragonair. GF you made me said when i realized i could not do that.

i think i suggested this once before, a long time ago, but i want moves that can freeze pokemon to have a higher freeze rate. i think i've only seen a pokemon get frozen twice, ever.

i feel the move aura sphere isn't 'finish'. It has a high base power of 90 and perfect accuracy but i don't think that is all it should have. I would give it one of two effects, the first one being this: aura sphere has perfect accuracy but a 50% chance of hitting the pokemon the first turn, if the attack misses it will hit on the second turn. It's a random 1-2 turn hit. The other change I would make is that if an opponent is using fly or dig, this attack hits them as double power.

That would only hinder it, which doesn't 'finish' it as you say. Now your second change just doesn't make sense. Why those moves? How is that justifiable?

^ Uh, maybe the Aura Sphere follows the foe? I don't understand either.

-Surf should go back to hitting only the opponent Pokemon and not your partner Pokemon in double battles
-Close Combat's PP increase to 10
-Night Slash be an Increased priority move
-Triple Kick's power be brought up a little

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom