• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What "little things," details, small flourishes, etc. did you appreciate?

Spoil me then? I don't really want to have to sit there stalling time for a wild Pokemon...

Spoiling is what wikis are for :)

brb making an unplanned trip to Volcano Park...

...wait. Is it by any chance related to Cubone's Pokedex entry?

It's

Kangaskhan, alluding to the theory that the baby Kangaskhan is Cubone withou the skull helmet. Of course, while that's hilarious, I doubt that it's what they were really going for - most likely, Kangaskhan just come to help Cubone because they're motherly and want to help the orphan Cubone when they hear its distressed calls.

Another neat bit. Your character actually adjusts their walking/running pace when walking/running uphill. You actually see them exert more effort as well struggle a bit more to climb the hill rather than when you walk on even ground. It's the little things, you know?

Getting an Aerodactyl without bringing it back from a fossil. Very convenient.

The spinning
82e.gif

This probably doesn't count, but I don't know where to post it~ XP But I am just so happy we can FINALLY nickname Event Pokemon! I've always hated the fact that, as a nicknamer, I would be forced to use Event Pokemon without nicknames (except through hacking), but I love the fact that we're now technically considered the OT and can nickname them with no problem~

Really hoping they give away an Event Diancie~ *w*

This probably doesn't count, but I don't know where to post it~ XP But I am just so happy we can FINALLY nickname Event Pokemon! I've always hated the fact that, as a nicknamer, I would be forced to use Event Pokemon without nicknames (except through hacking), but I love the fact that we're now technically considered the OT and can nickname them with no problem~

Really hoping they give away an Event Diancie~ *w*

I don't think you can nickname the event Munchlax though, can you? Or Ash-Greninja? Thus far, it's just the QR Code Magearna, no?

I don't think you can nickname the event Munchlax though, can you? Or Ash-Greninja? Thus far, it's just the QR Code Magearna, no?
I was able to name my Munchlax but I haven't sent over the Ash-Greninja yet so I don't know on that one. But I was able to give my Munchlax a nickname. (Her name is Roadblock. It seems to fit.)

One for me: I was using the Medicine in Refresh to wake up my Incineroar after the battle with Faba. When he woke up, he yawned. I kid you not, my Incineroar yawned. It's such a little detail but it really added to things.

I like that the character actually shivers when you're on top of Mount Lanakila and its snowing like crazy.

Well I'd hope my character would shiver, I mean there are no choices in this game for properly warm attire to wear up there. >.>

After the thread I made a couple hours ago, I guess I want to say that, I liked that Lillie had her "symbolic outfit change" that's common of females in Anime and Manga when they're trying to start a new leaf, but it was actually somewhat a plot point.

She mentions here and there that Lusamine is the one who buys all her clothes, and, while minor, I love that it's right after Lusamine finally rages at her for her "betrayal" and Lillie feels the need to smack some sense into her that she then also changes her clothes, too. It's more than just a "Oh, I want to get stronger, *insert obligatory outfit change*", the game literally makes it a point to tell you that even down to her clothes, Lusamine decided them for her. And when Lillie decides that she wants to start being able to hold her own, she even decides she's going to dress herself, too~

Lillie's entire "Z-Powered Arc" could literally have been done in her original outfit and probably have had the same effect since the clothes were hardly relevant in the story, but the fact that they made her change them after having mentioned that they were never something she did on her own, is a nice touch that is like her first step to her goal of wanting to be able to be independent~ :'3

Learning the Meowth your mother has doesn't sleep on the pet bed, but on her bed instead.

What you get for sleeping on your own bed the first time.

The messages you get from pokemon, once they like you, that indicate their feelings about the battle.

Actually having to pass an exam of sorts at a trainer school.

I just remembered this because I happen to have gone back into the Shady House recently, but I like the little cutscene that plays in the story mode after you beat Guzma and sit down in his chair where a Grunt runs in all confused~ XD

Speaking of cutscenes, in the game, if you lay down in your own bed, a short cutscene will play of your mom's Meowth scratching you awake and giving you an Awakening. If you do the same in Hapu's House, an Alolan Meowth will scratch you awake and also give you an Awakening~ (Silly me, I actually did this in Hapu's House first and didn't realize it happened in my room until I beat the game~ XD Also mess at me laying in every bed in the game to know this, hehe)~

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom