• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What the HECK? (''Sexual rebellion'' in Chile, so-called ''Pokemones'')

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't really disturb me all that much.

If anything, it's unavoidable - repressive conservatism will always result in outburst of defiant behaviors.

Realistically, there aren't too many ways to get past repressive conservatism ; giving them new enemies is one of them. It's much easier for society to accept unmarried couples having sex in their bedroom when they can focus their hatred on people having public orgies in parks.

That's the part that bothers me. Public sex just kinda creeps me out. (Which, incidentally, has been legalized in a park in Amsterdam.)

Let me reiterate: What the FUCK? Now I'm a desensitized, demoralized person, but that still find that completely fucked up. No, really. Who in their right mind has public orgies while dressed like a Pokemon character? And they claim to be rebelling, but they don't state what they're rebelling against. It's all those things thrown together that make it ridiculous in my opinion. I can only imagine all the STDs going around. All in all though, I honestly don't know what to make of this.
I agree with you 110% this is wrong and immoral.

So, a "rebellious" group who stand for nothing uses a cute character, a Pokemon, to advertise themselves. And they have sex in public.

Well, as disturbing as that may be, and as VERY bad for the tourist industry as that may be, it's not affecting me, so I say let the parents Chile work this out.

This kind of reminds me of the time I saw a girl coming out of Hot Topic with a bag full of Care Bears.

There's a certain song I'm thinking of now, but I probably shouldn't post a link...
Are you familiar with the song "You'll Rebel To Anything(As Long As It's Not Challenging)"?

How so?

All Gadfly is saying is he couldn't care less if the teenagers in Chile go around being part of a subculture, just so long as he still gets his fresh fruits.

You failed to read the post when I said that I was talking about the story.

http://kotaku.com/369988/pokemones-are-not-oral-sexy-obsessed-just-kissing-crazy

STOP STOP STOP STOP!!!!

There's have to be some kind of misunderstanding, I'm from Chile (not a pokemon) and I have to say "ponceo" had nothing to do with oral sex. What they do in this parties (thursay or fryday, between 4-5PM to 10-11PM, they are all minorage so they cant be out to late at night, alcohol sell is not allowed) is try to kiss in the mouth (not oral sex, that was a particual case, not even pokemoes involved, only 3 highschool students, 14 or 15 years old) as much different people (of the opposite sex) as they can durring the party.

Bisides, pokemones are not gender-blending nor they costume are related to Pokemones (most of them dont even play videogames, pokemon is known here for the tv animated series) they just are wierd looking.

So I hope that make things much clear and erase the vision of "orgies" with menor age student in my Country, Bye!

Remember Mass Effect being an "alien sex simulator where you control the size of your boobs"? At this point, I'm inclined to believe they're makeout parties that were sensationalized into public orgies.

You guys probably have it right. Remember Hairspray?
You remember how when they rebelled against that cop, the news about Tracy got worse and worse?
Not much difference from this.

yeah, I mean, did we all learn nothing from V for Vendetta? =P

*is going to take the totally immature route and state the pun that has been on her mind*

So if they are called Pokemones, does that mean that the only virus they have to worry about is the pokerus?

*the microbiologist and her strange love of how STDs works slinks away*

They'll probably be trading alot of Palkia and Cloyster.

:p

You guys probably have it right. Remember Hairspray?
You remember how when they rebelled against that cop, the news about Tracy got worse and worse?
Not much difference from this.

They're gonna start savagely bludgeoning each other with crowbars? *shot*

Æsahættr said:
They're gonna start savagely bludgeoning each other with crowbars? *shot*
No. I just meant that whoever it was took a single event and blew it far out of proportion until it was nothing like the original, much like the way that
hitting a police cop with a picket sign became bludgeoning an Eagle Scout with a crowbar.

No. I just meant that whoever it was took a single event and blew it far out of proportion until it was nothing like the original, much like the way that.

I know, 'twas joke.

NoodleChefKyle said:
...I don't get it.

Palkia in this case is referencing the "Palkia is a space penis" joke. And Cloyster is, well, a clam. Put 2 and 2 together and you've got sexual innuendo there, fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom