• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Not much to report in my plays ... let's see, nothing noteworthy in my daily routines of Gems of War (save for corroborating a bug report regarding one of its mechanics) or Pokemon Unite, but I am still cleaning up some of the postgame tasks in Ultra Sun. Riolu finally evolved, which is kinda a surprise considering how often he got KO'ed when I tried to fight anything at his level (apparently I need to train his defensive EVs -- but at least I got a full set of Power items to do that with).

Which reminds me: I apparently totally missed the entire postgame back in Pokemon Sword (not to mention there's the DLC islands) so maybe I should get back to that sometime?

Kingdom Hearts II: Wrapped up the story, grinded out the Final Form unlock, and cleaned house with those Absent Silhouettes once I didn't have to deal with Anti-Form getting in my way all the time. And, of course, after that it's time to move on to the superbosses. And, apparently, my first point of business was to shift over to my gold crown file and rock up to a bet I took on Discord to defeat Lingering Will on Critical without using Once More or Second Chance. It's not a serious bet or anything, just a little "Yeah but can you do this?", and me responding with "Sure, why not.". Like, there's no stakes here, nothing to gain or lose. Just the right to say I've done it after pushing my abilities past their limits. I'm at a cumulative total of 5 hours into the attempt, split between two sessions. I'm definitely making progress, with good enough execution I've been able to drop down his health quite a significant distance, pushing him down into performing his DM in two separate instances. I didn't survive either use of the DM, since I don't quite have the full picture for how to avoid the whole thing without getting sucked in. I'd say the best course of action from here is research, to see how the level 1 runners handle it and try to implement their strategies into my gameplan. I'm gonna do this. Don't think I won't.

Divinity: Original II (XBO port) and Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition co-op with two, originally one, Discord friends, which I have been livestreaming.

Kingdom Hearts II: After 7 hours and 30 minutes of attempts over four play sessions, Lingering Will has finally been defeated without any assistance from Once More or Second Chance! Now, working backwards to the easier superbosses from there, I grinded out all the Growth Abilities and reached the Garden of Assemblage on the incomplete file. Probably gonna go for either Sephiroth or a Data-Org member tomorrow.

Currently playing a few games at the moment:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Picked up my old file in prep for Tears of the Kingdom. About 103 shrines completed, with all Divine Beasts completed. Planning on finishing the DLC as well as the game and all of the shrines.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: Just made it past the third dungeon in this one. Giving it a break for now as I play Breath of the Wild.
  • Fire Emblem: Engage: Finished with the main story, now playing the Fell Xenologue DLC. It's aight so far.
  • Paper Mario: My pick-up-and-play RPG for the moment. In Chapter 2 right now.
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn: Has taken a bit of a backseat to Breath of the Wild for the moment, but do plan to finish this before TotK as well. About 2/3 through, I think. I'll probably shelve it after the main story and come back to the DLC.

Been watching some naval based films recently and so it got me itching to go back and start up a new Campaign in "Port Royale 4".

Last time I put something like 20 hours into the Merchant Class and was gradually building up my colonial empire through my knowledge of economics whilst cowering whenever war was declared. So this time I figured why not go the complete opposite direction and started afresh with the Buccaneer Class. I made sure to run through the tutorial again because I didn't fully grasp the Naval Combat the first time around (hence my choice of Merchant) but once you start to get the hang of it, it's quite fun. It's grid based and since you have limited movement and turning capability, making the most of positioning each turn is key since if you don't fire guns from both sides of a ship each turn then that is an attack wasted. You also have to make the decision whether to focus on destroying a ship or whittling down it's sailors and try to board it in order to take their supplies. Will I actually be able to take down the pirates who threaten the Caribbean? Only time will tell...

In Pokemon Scarlet, I thought my team was an appropriate level for the Glaseado Gym....

I was wrong.

I assembled a team of about Lv.40, but apparently Glaseado is pushing Lv.50 and the Gym Leader's words couldn't possibly be more fitting. Meowscarada led with U-Turn (apparently the cat is quite fast) for the distractions, landing essentially some free damage between KOs. Salazzle had no trouble melting Frosmoth but Beartic having Earthquake was unexpected and alone could've lost me the battle (4 of 6 team members weak to Ground, oops!). Meowscarada went down in one hit after failing to land a revenge KO with its signature move, Tinkaton's signature move hit Cetitan hard but not hard enough, everything ultimately boiled down my Lucario vs. Tera Ice Altaria. Lucario is on the slower end of my team but Altaria missed a few Hurricanes and Lucario tanked the one that did hit to secure the win.

(Whereas back in Ultra Sun, I almost forgot how much I just love running Retaliate+U-Turn Furfrou. He is a bit lacking in other moves though...)

Got back into smash lately, playing more online with Lucario as my main. It’s fun when there’s many ppl online you can cycle through. My gsp is pretty constant tho and I could improve my technique a fair amount. It comes down to more practice. But it’s better to play for enjoyment rather than results anyway

Finished Persona 3 Portable the other day (god I loved it so much; my ranking of the three Personas I've now played is P5R > P3P > P4G, although I've really enjoyed all three) so now I'm FINALLY getting around to playing Fire Emblem Engage. The story is meh so far and the characters are just okay, but it feels good to play a mainline Fire Emblem again.

Picked up Bravely Default again and with the help of my husband finally beat the last boss. I feel like I went through it quicker than some others but even then it took me 40 hours! Great game and lovely music. Planning on picking up Bravely Second sometime, even if the OST is supposedly not as good.

Finished the postgame in Pokemon Sword -- catching Zacian was positively brutal (insert "I'm in danger" meme when Zacian uses Swords Dance on top of being +5 levels above you and a starting +1 Attack buff, I really should have brought Intimidate or something) and the final showdown with Hop was nice. I also initiated both DLC regions, clearly you are "intended" to do the Isle of Armor first but I like how the Crown Tundra is just a new area off the edge of the same map.

Haven't really been playing too much lately, mostly just binging Hogwarts Legacy since it's PS5 release in February. Did two extensive playthroughs, starting off as a Hufflepuff then a second run as Gryffindor. Chose the path of a Dark Wizard in those two houses, it was fun but I wish there were actual repercussions when using the Dark Arts, instead of wary whispers and passive-aggressiveness. Otherwise, the build is fun and your character is stronger in combat, using the Cruciatus Curse is actually really fun to my surprise. Now I just need to do two more runs in the Ravenclaw and Slytherin houses as a Light Wizard, want to complete those ideas before the Switch's release of the game (for that one I'll just do the standard Light Hufflepuff/Gryffindor and Dark Ravenclaw/Slytherin).

Aside from that, I've been getting back into the One Piece series again through the games. Picked up Pirate Warriors 4 when it was on sale a few weeks back on the eShop, plus I got all the DLC which were also on sale. For the Warriors games of this specific franchise, I've only played 3 back when it released since I couldn't find the first two during their releases. 4's gameplay is more fun and I love the character roster, though I wish there were more alternate costumes and aside from this game's Treasure Log, 3 seems so far to have more replay value (I haven't completed the main campaign of 4 yet though, and still need to unlock more of the Treasure Log and skill trees, so that could change). Aside from Law and Sabo, Cavendish and Cracker are crazy fun to play as and are generally my go to characters for the side content.

Also thinking of starting another playthrough of Black Clover: Quartet Knights. Asta, Yuno, and Gauche are fun to use, though Mereoleona is also a fun Fighter to use in a team. I want another Black Clover game with more characters though, especially with characters like William, Langris, Nacht, and Secre.

Back
Top Bottom