• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the Most Foolish Thing You've done with a Master Ball?

Re: What's the Stupidest Thing You've done with a Master Ball?

FireRed: Zapdos. And saved. Luckily, I restart my FireRed file about every few weeks after I import my starter/legendaries holding a master ball to start the cycle over.

Ruby: Groudon. Which I traded for an Aipom.

Emerald: I haven't used it yet, but now I know the Batlle Frontier is actually accessible, so I shall catch Latias/os, import, restart, catch Rayquaza, then restart to get more Master Balls in Diamond! :kawaii: yay!

Diamond: Dialga. T_T I was sooo stupid, and I knocked out Giratina, then saved. WTH did I save?

In Pearl, I had a Master Ball and wasted it on Palkia and I had a Masterball and wasted it on Heatran. Why oh why?!

I've never used a Master Ball.
That's the stupidest thing I've ever done with one.

used it to catch a lv 4 shiny shinx

i caught an onix with it a level 10 onix to be exact :(

I 'tested' it on a Rattata then accidentally saved.

Wasted it on a Clefairy...

I was 4!

I also spent my Master Ball in Diamond on Dialga. But that's because I didn't have any other balls.

in sapphire i used it on an abra because of its dumb teleport,then in leafgreen i threw it at a dewgong

Stupidest thing I've done was ten or eleven years ago when I used it on a Zapdos. Granted it was my first time playing the game and I still had a hard time figuring out the mechanics.

I was making my Aipom hold my master ball so I could clone it and give it to my brother for his Shaymin but I forgot I had it and I was helpless against Giritina (Origin form.)

Last edited:

I recently restarted Red for a two week competition with friends. Since we couldn't use legendaries in out competition, I decided to just use my masterball on a Snorlax to avoid the hassle of catching one.

Heracross
7 Years old, never seen one before, had a lovely masterball...
>.<

I used it on a Seel. Little did I know how precious that little ball was....

I caught Mesprit on Diamond. Now Cresselia has 1 HP and I can't knock it out.
...Shit.

I tried to catch Sabrina's Alakazam in Pokemon Red.

In my defense, I had just turned seven years old when I got it Christmas '98. I can't even remember why I did it. Maybe I thought that it really could catch every Pokemon, or I accidentally selected the wrong item. Either way, I saved. Le sigh.

The first time I played ruby (when I was 8) I spent my Masterball in a Peliper. After I saw how hard was to catch groudon (the masterball shouldn't be spent with him but anyway better than a peliper), I learn my lesson, and never again spent it on anything less than a legendary D=

I'm afraid mine beats the lot...

I was around 11ish (I think) and playing on Pokemon Silver. Of course, I'd run out of Pokeballs and I had a level 3 rattata that I had never captured before.

This being my first time with a Master Ball, I wasn't completely sure what it was, so, it being my only pokeball I had...I used it on the level 3 Rattata.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom