• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which are your favourite Pokémon?

Which are your favourite Pokemon?

• Total voters
Arite, looks like it's time for a top 10
10-Heracross
9-Charizard
8-Scarfty
7-Sableye
6-Weavile
5-Infernape
4-Luxray
3-Sceptile
2-Salamence/Latias
1-Gothitelle/Kilria

Anyone see a trend?

was bored, so I decided to make an updated top 40 list

302MMS.png
Sableye/Mega Sableye
319MMS.png
Sharpedo/Mega Sharpedo
618MS.png
Stunfisk
317MS.png
Swalot
635MS.png
Hydreigon
660MS.png
Diggersby
719MMS.png
Mega Diancie
303MMS.png
Mega Mawile
139MS.png
Omastar
711MS.png
Gourgeist
219MS.png
Magcargo
121MS.png
Starmie
713MS.png
Avalugg
042MS.png
Golbat
593MS.png
Jellicent (♂)
604MS.png
Eelektross
631MS.png
Heatmor
426MS.png
Drifblim
465MS.png
Tangrowth
474MS.png
Porygon-Z
700MS.png
Sylveon
686MS.png
Inkay/Malamar (not really sure which I like more)
623MS.png
Golurk
039MS.png
Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff (again, not 100% sure which I like more)
143MS.png
Snorlax
101MS.png
Electrode
166MS.png
Ledian
666MonMS.png
Vivillon
693MS.png
Clawitzer
452MS.png
Drapion

31. Cacturne
32. Ludicolo
33. Mega Pinsir
34. Mega Steelix
35. Delcatty
36. Rampardos
37. Accelgor
38. Meowstic
39. Ditto
40. Barbaracle

after the first, like, 10, don't pay too much attention to the order, I was really unsure of that

stupid image limit

Last edited:
My favorite Pokemon is Charizard. Sure it's super weak to Rock but who cares it's still an awesome Pokemon. A close second is Garchomp, fallowed by Pidgeotto, then Doublade, then Buterfree then Deoxys.

Kyogre, Sylveon, and Raichu are my top three.

Others include the Dragonite line, the Mudkip line, Vaporeon, Espeon, and Feraligatr.

Luxray is my all time favorite, and any RP section veterans may remember the old days when I was known as infinityluxray. But that's beside the point. What's not to love about the Gleam Eyes Pokemon? It's an electric lion with x-ray vision.

It's hard for me to hate any of them. *huggles Pokemon* but my absolute favorites are Mawile and Sableye, because Mawile is a badass, I love it's typing, and it has PONYTAIL FANGS. I have an awesome shiny Sableye that I hatched on my first Masada method egg. His name is Aurum and he will always have a special place in my heart.

Honorable mentions- Togekiss, Weavile, Flygon, Lanturn

Obviously, Luxray is and always will be my #1 favorite Pokemon. It's the definition of awesome: a pet lion that has electric superpowers and x-ray vision. Beyond that, I really like Nosepass, Porygon-Z, and Roserade. Nosepass is just cool to me because I've always liked the idea of magnetic forces and powers pertaining to them (plus I love the Gen VI animation for Magnet Bomb). Roserade is just too pretty and elegant for me not to love it, and Porygon-Z appeals to the computer nerd in me. Plus it's a great special sweeper with Adaptability and Tri Attack.

My top 5 pokemon are: #1 Greninja. Its a freakin ninja frog and love using him in Smash Bros.
#2 : Pikachu: Was the first pokemon I was introduced to when I started getting into Pokemon
#3 : Charizard: Strong fire type, really like Charizard X mega evolved form
#4 : Lucario: Like his mega evolved form
#5 : Squirtle: Like his design and in the anime as one of Ash's strong Pokemon

Top six is:

1. Skrelp/Dragalge: Loved since the moment Skrelp was revealed, glad it's evolution turned out perfect. Adaptability is awesome on top of unique typing.
2. Slowpoke/Slowbro/Mega Slowbro: Slowpoke is super cute. Dumb, silly and not at all serious, but still good in battle and cute.
3. Mawile/Mega Mawile: Loved Mawile since I was a kid, one of the reasons I chose Ruby over Sapphire. Extremely happy it got an amazing Mega on top of one of the best dual typings in the game.
4. Hawlucha: It's cool in every single way. Stylish fighter.
5. Glalie: Awesome-looking Ice-type, very cool. Giant hailstone demon head? Yes please.
6. Roserade: A cross gen evolution done perfectly. Great design and very strong special attacker.

Might post more of my favourites at another point, but for now top six will do fine.

Reshiram :p

During the BW pre-release days, Reshiram's design was the initial draw. I wanted one ASAP xD And when we got more info, that nearly solidified its place as my favorite. On top of this magnificent appearence, you have this godly unique Fire/Dragon typing, and a great ability to go along with it! (and "Turbo Blaze"? It just sounds awesome!) It was especially fun to learn about that typing, because nobody ever would have guessed that based on its appearance. I remember, everyone, myself included, expected another Flying/Dragon Legendary. And I was so glad to be wrong...

The story just sealed the deal completely. Black is still my favorite storyline to date, and the way that Reshiram awakens from the Light Stone to stand by you is one of the many reasons why. The visual flare, the scale of the battle, the lore and buildup behind it all...I can't.

Volcarona Virizion and Galvantula. Plus Zekrom, Cobalion, Ditto, Absol, Klefki, Pawniard, Cofragrigus, Chandelure, so many. But V and V top it out.

My first favourite was Starmie because of its mysterious qualities. What the heck is it? Does it need to eat? How does it think? It could easily have been any other type, like Electric or Psychic - how did it become a water-type, given its entirely non-organic body composition?

I've always enjoyed the theory that Starmie are extraterrestrial creatures. The Pokedex hints towards it with entries that say how it flashes and sends electric signals into the sky. Starmie has always intrigued me with its connections to space and infinity.

Eevee, Vaporean, Squirtle (and evolutions).

One of my votes went to Girafarig, mainly because its a giraffe, I really didn't expect to see many votes on it though.

Too many to choose. Mewtwo, Deoxys, Garchomp, other dragons, all canine Pokemon, legendary beasts, Banette, both Meowstic, Gardevoir, Eeveelutions... Greninja, Delphox, Zoroark, Volcarona, Scizor, Galvantula, Typhlosion, Helioptile etc would be the most notable though. I definitely missed some...

Its too hard to pick just one, I like Chikorita, Vulpix, Eevee (and Glaceon, Leafeon, Sylveon), and Articuno. Watching Ash's Chikorita during season 3/4 of the Anime is what probably makes me decide Chikorita is my #1 fav because it is so awesome

Latias
Sceptile
Gardevoir
Salamence
Absol
Gallade
Flygon
Garchomp
Espeon

Let's just say it all started with a movie...

I named at least 50 Pokemon in the poll. Wow. I'll just keep it to 10 for the moment being.

10. Articuno

Firstly; this is my second favorite legendary. I just love this thing. It's lithe and graceful, yet with proper support (i.e Stealth Rock) it can wreck fellow Flying types with a good Ice Beam to the face. I mostly use mine as support, and it does pretty darn well at that. Mine has a pretty dumb name, much like many of my early Pokemon, but it has Water Pulse, which I love using to irritate my brother during our clashes since it can't learn it anymore. Plus, it just shows up everywhere, which while seemingly negative in most people's eyes, makes me really feel closer to the bird (and supports my breeding legendary headcanon. Yay.) I feel bad for forgetting to name him in the poll all of a sudden.

9. Oshawott

DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Never understood the controversy behind this little guy. Even in the... lackluster Best Wishes season in the anime, Oshawott really stood out. Besides, I just have so many memories with this evolutionary family its not funny.

8. Aegislash

Aegislash is a sword, in case you haven't received the memo. I like swords a lot. I'm a fencer in real life, and in general I'm a huge fan of both fantasy books and games. I have way too many Honedge and Aegislash to count, all with different names based on various swords; my favorites are Anduril and Tyrfing (Now where have I heard that before?). Plus, I love how it, according to the Pokedex, only can be used by worthy people. Really feels like you deserve to wield it (and explains the reason for its sheer overpoweredness; another factor I like, too)

7. Leafeon

Leafeon is my favorite eeveelution. Even if in terms of combat prowess, it is outclassed, it certainly has its own niches. Plus its so fluffy~ Um, anyway, its adorable, and tha'ts why I love it, in a nutshell. There's also a ton of memories surrounding it, but I won't bore you with that.. besides, its kind of complicated.

6. Raikou

Raikou was my first legendary. I remember all the tears of frustration I shed after realizing it could run away while asleep and how I had no Master Ball. Eventually, I did get my hands onto a Master Ball. My idiotic self named it Regal, not knowing of what it meant but thinking it sounded cool all the same. While I wouldn't call Raikou regal, it certainly is what I associate with him now. I won so many battles by the skin of my teeth thanks to lucky hits with Thunder and flinches with Extrasensory, so it certainly wasn't weak. Whatever the case may be, I love my Raikous to death.

5. Arcanine

Simply put, I love Arcanine because it reminds me of my dog, Marley. Heck, there even is a Marley in the Pokeverse who uses an Arcanine, so there is another reason to love it. I love my Marley to death, and while I may not love my fire-type as much, it certainly comes pretty close. I specially bred mine to have Morning Sun and Close Combat, so I feel a little closer to it in that regard. It was my first 'mon I ever EV trained, so it marked my first foray (albeit a failed one) into the competitive world. Also, its fluffy.

4. Braviary

I'm proud to say I'm a true 'Merican, and I'm sure my Braviary agrees with me. George and I have flown many places together, but now we don't, because Fly is a horrible move, but I keep our journeys at heart (and yes, I realize that sounds particularly sappy). I just love the design and the colors, too. Also, it has amazing combat in my experience. Brave Bird = death unless you're resistant too it, and even then, Superpower = massive death. Sure, its no Talonflame, but its solid enough to get the job done.

3. Hydreigon

My goodness. This things is amazing in every respect except for the fact Jigglypuff loves giving it a good slaying. Typing? Check. Stats? Check. Movepool? Check. Design? Check. Pretty much everything you can think of. I love how it looks like its chaotic, and it fits perfectly with Ghetsis. Speaking of Ghetsis, I love and hate fighting the thing. Its a pretty amazing climax to the game, but its hard to kill off. Mine has an Assault Vest and does it pretty well.

2. Typhlosion

Hoo boy, nostalgia is kicking in. See, this was my first fully-evolved Pokemon. I have so many memories with Scorcher (Yes, that's his name, stop laughing) its not funny. Participation in the Pokeathlon, capturing the great Lugia itself, and roasting Dragonites somehow with Fire Blast... even down to almost soloing many of the Battle Facilities when Lady Luck was smiling on me. Plus, it has amazing combat, too; Choice Scarf Eruption kills really quickly. He's my main man in Battle Masion double battles.

1. Samurott

Anyone who knows me well knows I'm a huge Samurott fanboy. I love the thing to death. It combines samurai, one of my favorite historical subjects ever, and sea otters, which I love too. It also wields swords, which, as I've mentioned previously, I like as well. Also, despite being later, I have more memories with this guy than with Typhlosion. Going through the Elite 4 for the thousandth time because I sucked at Pokemon and finally beating Caitlin, and going to the heart of Plasma itself... It also was my first Pokemon to hit Level 100 that wasn't an event, so there's that too. I loved it so much that I instantly transferred it over to Black 2 to be a party member, but I just boxed it to prevent it from snapping the game in two pieces. In any case, it certainly loved its rare candies, so Chrom (references!) is absolutely pathetic stat-wise, but I don't care; I use him as the spearhead of every team. I plan to make a new team using his offspring in the future (named Lucina, of course).

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom