• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which gym leader is the most forgettable?

I think the reason I can only name one or two from Gen 2 and 3 was because I wasn't in Pokemon at the time. Every other Gen--I know them.

The Hoenn guys, but it's been longest since I've played the Hoenn games, so it's not really fair.

the most forgettable ones? I can't really remember them off the top of my head.

Bugsy, Chuck, Roxanna and Winona. Little bit biased because of B&W.

Imo the Elite Four of a region are more forgettable. To this day I have trouble remembering the Hoenn Elite, but that also has some bias because we have yet to see R/S remakes. Also because in the past the Elite Four got shafted in the anime. With DP each one got some screentime during the region they were relevant to, and I don't doubt BW will be going that same route.

Every Hoenn guy. I haven't played does games, so yeah. The only ones I remember are Tate/Liza. In other gens, Blaine, some Johto gym leaders, Maylene, Drayden (have White), Clay, and Icee Guy from Unova!

I've always loved the Gym Leaders, so it's actually hard for me forget any of them. They're are a few that I don't think about often, and those would probably be Roxanne, Brawly, and Brycen. I felt like Roxanne and Brawly just didn't come off with the same feeling that the other Hoenn Gym Leaders did, and Brycen just didn't seem to have an actual personality as far as I could tell.
Kinda this, except only really Brawly.

I guess it's because you are just passing by an island in the middle of nowhere when you fight him. I personally was more focused in delivering the stuff then, just fought him thinking about being able to use Flash.

Roxanne at least has that of being the first gym leader and a little return to Gen. 1 with she being a Rock trainer and whatnot.
I haven't fought Brycen yet. But his design looks interesting at least.

I can name the first eighteen (8 Kanto originals, 8 Johto originals, and 2 new Kanto GLs in HGSS) easily, and I never needed any remake for that.

Hoenn...Roxanne, Brawly, the electric guy (Watson?), Norman, Winona, Wallace, Lisa & Tate and...fire girl.
Sinnoh..,gah, okay, definitely the Sinnoh bunch - Roark is about the only name that come to mind. There was a ghost type GL, an ice type GL, an electric GL...some fighting GL maybe? I don't know. The GLs and gym quest were so much part of the background in that game.

Chuck? lol I seriously forgot his name. For a moment I thought he was some Hoenn Leader (Only league I've never played). Clay isn't forgettable. He's too annoying and stereotypical to be forgettable.
EDIT: I guess I was wrong because I had to edit Clay's name from Quake... Dunno where I got that from.

The entire Hoenn Elite 4, sans Stephen Stone. Oh, and the leader that took over for Wallace in Emerald. What was his name? Jose? Juan? Julian? Something like that. The Dark user constantly reminded me of a Gen 1 Birdkeeper with that crazy Mohawk he has going on.......

May seem wierd, but I ALWAYS forget Byron. I think it's becuase one of my friends helped me beat him in Diamond and I forgot all about him :XD2:

I would say Wallace, because he appeared in only one game, and did not affect the plot of the game greatly.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom