• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon Need To Appear More...

speaking of electric rodents that get whored out, I really think Minun could do with a showcasing by itself. Honestly, doesn't it seem as though Plusle's got the better deal out of the two? It wasn't kidnapped in the Deoxys movie, it got to appear in the anime with Hinata, and outside of the anime, you got one in Pokemon Colosseum. Now since when did Minun get to show up and do stuff while not being part of the pair? Never, so far as I know. Everytime, it's just been Plusle's bitch (or "other half", but I'm sure we all know better).

You know, I don't think anybody mentioned Anorith when we were discussing Fossil Pokemon. Talk about a sad appearance. It appeared for mere seconds, evolved, and I don't think it's been seen since.

I don't think Qwilfish has done anything since its two Johto appearances (Whirl Cup and Dorian's gym). I don't think Croconaw has appeared in the main series (I'm not counting the Raikou special), and Yanma only got that one appearance in Johto, to my knowledge. Hopefully with its evolution, we'll see more of it. Quagsire hasn't made too many appearances, either.

I think Blissey was the one that got shafted the most, though. They had the perfect opportunity to showcase it at all of the Johto Pokemon Centers, but it only had ONE episode dedicated to it. They could at least have shown someone battling with it in one of the leagues.

Ranger Mason owned a Croconaw. It didn't do much but it was around for the one episode. And one was also used in a Tag Battle recently.

A Blissey appearance looks more promising between the sudden increase in trainers owning Chansey and Brock's Happiny.

You know, I don't think anybody mentioned Anorith when we were discussing Fossil Pokemon. Talk about a sad appearance. It appeared for mere seconds, evolved, and I don't think it's been seen since.

I was talking about fossil Pokemon in general with the exceptions of Ptera, Kabutops, Armaldo, and the new DP ones, so of course Anopth would've been included.

I don't think Qwilfish has done anything since its two Johto appearances (Whirl Cup and Dorian's gym). I don't think Croconaw has appeared in the main series (I'm not counting the Raikou special), and Yanma only got that one appearance in Johto, to my knowledge. Hopefully with its evolution, we'll see more of it. Quagsire hasn't made too many appearances, either.

is it just me, or do you have a hard time recalling Double Battles, as pretty much all the Pokemon you mentioned (except Hariisen) have appeared in a Double Battle within the last couple generations? FabuVinny already mentioned Aligates, which very recently battled alongside Magmarashi in a DP episode. Yanyanma appeared near the beginning of AG, battling alongside an Ariados, and Nuo appeared immediately before the crappy Groudon/Kyogre two-parter, battling alongside a Todozelga (interestingly enough, the last two Double Battles both involved Pikachu and Kimori or its evolution). To be fair, Yanyanma and Nuo still haven't shown up since, at least as far as I recall, and AG has now occured quite a while ago, especially the Houen saga. However, their appearances are still more recent (not to mention noteworthy... honestly, what's better? A somewhat well-done battle with both sides putting up a fight, not to mention the first Double Battle Satoshi's ever had discounting that Orange gym match, or some dullass filler about a trainer having problems or some shit?) than several other Pokemon out there.

Oh yeah, I just thought of another Pokemon... I don't know if I already said it on this thread (I know I've said it several times before in other places), but after 500 episodes, Cocoon still has yet to have a proper showcase. Everytime it shows up (which isn't too often in itself), it's only there to showcase the fact that it evolves into the ridiculously common Spear. You'd think that after Tsukushi's Trancel, Haruka's Karasalis, and Musashi's Mayuld (and I guess Hiroshi's Sanagiras, Cruz, if you want to count it), that they'd at least show that Cocoon can be offensive worth a damn. -_- Things have changed quite a bit since the beginning of the anime, when pupa Pokemon were portrayed as being completely stationary and only knowing the move Harden (not just the anime, the entire franchise seemed to portray this, even though the games clearly allowed you to retain Caterpie and Beedle's attacks if you didn't catch their evolved forms in the wild)... I mean, remember that "battle" with Samurai? Everything should've changed as soon as Tsukushi came about and kicked ass with his own Trancel... and yet, roughly 350 episodes after Tsukushi, Cocoon's still treated like shit. So, so sad. TT

Ash battled a Yanma/Ariados in a double battle in early AG. I guess this thread goes to show you that Pokemon needs to be rewatched since we're forgetting some of the episodes.

We've reached 500 episodes so it's hardly surprising that not everyone remembers every episode.

We've reached 500 episodes so it's hardly surprising that not everyone remembers every episode.

Still AG and D/P episodes are the most recent so they should be the most on our minds and the episodes should be the most familiar.

The saga that seems to be the most forgotten about is Johto (for good reason it seems), but since that saga only had 100 new Pokemon to debut its easy to remember which episodes they had.

XD the Metapod vs Metapod is truly Satoshi's greatest battle ^^;

I agree that Minun really hasn't gotten much screen time. Plusle has gotten more appearances then Minun.

Togepi could also use more of battle scenes. Misty only battled with hers once to battle Pikachu (did it battle in the mirage kingdom eps?) and Togetic only got that one lame appearance. Hopefully with Togetic, we can get more of that line.

I hope Cresselia appears in an episode because I'm quite fond of that pokemon.

Early AG was still roughly three or four years ago.

Yeah, but these episodes were repeated several times on TV and are on DVD. The problem is some people just watch episodes once and never watch them again, thus they're forgetting some episodes as time passes. There is no excuse unless we're talking about some really obscure episodes.

I'd forgotten...please help me god if Kricketot's "debut" was it singing in the trees in DP 4.

He needs a whole episode to himself. Or 2. Or 3. Or 7.

Porygon and its evolutions.

Writers' excuses be damned, it's all Pikachu's fault.

I think Shuppet needs more episodes. In the episodes I've seen, it hasn't appeared at all, but that's probably because my busy schedule.

I also think more Octillery, Cleffa and Swalot would be nice too. Also, I'd like to see an episode where Murkrow aren't portrayed as the "City - dwelling bird who shows up just in time to steal everybody's crap." I'd like a serious debut. And Quagsire, for the sake of an awesome cry.

Octillery gets plenty of screentime under Harley.

Shuppet got an entire filler with Max to itself.

Quagsire appears again in Hoenn during the Muscle Island episode before the Groudon/Kyorge 2-parter.

If the "Keeping Gym teams true to the games" holds true, we may see Quagsire again in Pastoria City under Wake's control

is it just me, or do you have a hard time recalling Double Battles, as pretty much all the Pokemon you mentioned (except Hariisen) have appeared in a Double Battle within the last couple generations? FabuVinny already mentioned Aligates, which very recently battled alongside Magmarashi in a DP episode. Yanyanma appeared near the beginning of AG, battling alongside an Ariados, and Nuo appeared immediately before the crappy Groudon/Kyogre two-parter, battling alongside a Todozelga

Well, that's what I meant, that their last appearances were a while ago. I didn't see the double battle episode with Yanma & Ariados, so I couldn't reference it. Also, as I stated earlier, I haven't been keeping very good track of the Japanese episodes recently. For some reason, every year around this time, my interest in Pokemon vanishes. That's why I'm not able to see which Pokemon have appeared recently.

I agree with FabuVinny that Blissey has the potential to appear again with Brock obtaining a Happiny.

Also, I'd like to see an episode where Murkrow aren't portrayed as the "City - dwelling bird who shows up just in time to steal everybody's crap." I'd like a serious debut.

Paul has a Murkrow. I'm not sure if he's actually used it yet, but he has one in the intro flying above his head.

I hope Murkrow gets some good usage under Paul because I can already see one of the D/P fillers: A group of them will be doing the same thing except it will be for a Honchkrow.

Since they just passed through Eterna Woods, Paul probably got it on his way through and I definately see it appearing with him next time.

they sure seem to be taking their sweet time getting to his Yamikarasu, though. You know, I'd be fucking surprised if the opening changed before it even got a chance to appear... it'd be just like Battle Frontier to Spurt!! before all the Frontier Brains managed to be unshaded. Though, if OK! and Advanced Adventure are any indication, the first opening of a new generation is going to last longer than any later opening, extending well over the course of a year (by my count, OK! was around for over 70 episodes)... Mezase Pokemon Master lasted long as well, but it was essentially the only opening for its entire respective region.

I hope Murkrow gets some good usage under Paul because I can already see one of the D/P fillers: A group of them will be doing the same thing except it will be for a Honchkrow.

Hopefully Honchkrow is debuted with Paul, we don't need yet another horrible filler about Murkrrow stealing things like that abysmal one from Johto.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom