• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which starter Pokémon would you choose from each region?

Let's see..... In Kanto, I think I picked Squirtle for the first time through. In Hoenn, I think I picked Mudkip. Or maybe Treeko? Torchic? I've done so many files on that game that I don't even remember what I picked the first time I played through. Anyway, for Sinnoh I picked Chimchar, for Johto I picked Chikorita, and in Isshu I'm totally going with Smugleaf.

definately all fire.... idk why but they seem to be the most powerful and fastest... except for treecko that is... hahaha ;D speedy little gecko... Shiny charizard looks bad-ass. BTW... and i have a thing for fighting type pokemon. Blaziken and Monferno. and lastly Cyndaquil is my fave. i dont have heart gold or soul silver yet so its really hard to get.... but 1nce i went the entire game with just a cyndaquil not evolving in my Crystal version. HA! take that in game npc's who say you need a balanced team!

Kanto: Squirtle
Johto: Totodile
Hoeen: Mudkip
Sinnoh: Piplup
Isshu: Mijuarmu

I am a sucker for water types.

Kanto: Charmander
Hoenn: Mudkip
Sinnoh: Turtwig
Isshu: Mijumaru

kanto: all three if i wanted but charmander
johto: cyndaquil or totodile
hoenn: all three lol
sinnoh: chimchar
isshu: tsutajaru

reading comprehension failure, my bad >_>

- Bulbasaur
- Chikorita
- Treecko
- Turtwig
- Pokabu

Last edited:
here we go...

Squirtle from Kanto
Cyndaquil from Johto
Mudkip from Hoenn
Piplup from Sinnoh

LOL mostly water type Pokemon! That's weird...

My edit -

Kanto - Charmander > Charizard
Johto - Chikorita > Meganium
Hoenn - Torchic/Mudkip (no evolve if Mudkip yes evolve if Torchic)
Sinnoh - Piplup (MIGHT evolve)
Isshu - Mijumaru (no evolve)

Bulbasaur
Chikorita
Mudkip
Piplup
Tsutarja/Mijumaru
Not a big fan of Fire types.

Squirtle
Cyndaquil
Treecko
Turtwig
Mijumaru

Out of all of them, Turtwig would definitely be chosen.

Kanto: Charmander. It looks the coolest, and I never liked Bulbasaur or Squirtle.

Johto: Totodile. I hate Chikorita, and Cyndaquil is cool, but Totodile just looks the best.

Hoenn: Mudkip. Treecko comes in as a very close second, and Torchic is good too. Hoenn, in my opinion, has the best starters overall.

Sinnoh: Piplup. Infernape is a copy of Blaziken in my opinion, and Turtwig is average.

Isshu: Tsutarja. This gen has the worst starters overall in my opinion, so the best looking is Tsutarja. Pokabu is the strongest, though, and Mijumaru would have been good if his final evo didn't have a huge moustache.

Kanto: Charmander
Hoenn: Mudkip
Sinnoh: Chimchar
Isshu: Mijumaru [Maybe Tsutarja because it's cool in the Anime]

In Kanto and Johto, I just use a glitch to have all three, though I prefer Cyndaquil and Bulbasaur out of all if you must know.

In Hoenn I like them all, opposite situation in Sinnoh, and I'm most likely not going to play B/W.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom