• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is getting the DSi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have the original DS, I never sought a point into buying the light, they are the same thing accept one is upgraded, what are the differences for this system contrasted to the ds lite and ds?

check the wiki for the full specs.

But the short...

Has an operating system, SD card reader, camera, .aac media player, a .25 inch bigger screen (does make a difference when the screen is so small trust me) and has the capability to play downloaded DSiware applications.

The hardware is also about twice as powerful as the DSLite's.

I already have a music player (with radio). I don't feel like wasting precious battery hours on listening to music on my freaking game console when I already have a music player. I also already have a camera and it's much better than the DSi could ever hope to be. And the DSiWare doesn't have any games or applications I'm even remotely interested in. Plus, doesn't it cost money to get those lousy Nintendo Points?

Besides, I don't have 170 bucks to spare. I don't even have 130 bucks to spare for a Lite. I can't even buy Pokemon Platinum.

Screw it. The DSi is a useless piece of junk and I can't understand anyone who wants it.

I already have a music player (with radio). I don't feel like wasting precious battery hours on listening to music on my freaking game console when I already have a music player. I also already have a camera and it's much better than the DSi could ever hope to be. And the DSiWare doesn't have any games or applications I'm even remotely interested in. Plus, doesn't it cost money to get those lousy Nintendo Points?

Besides, I don't have 170 bucks to spare. I don't even have 130 bucks to spare for a Lite. I can't even buy Pokemon Platinum.

Screw it. The DSi is a useless piece of junk and I can't understand anyone who wants it.

Boy, it's a good thing everyone else out there is you, then.

Will you leave the snide remarks to yourself, please? Jeez, it's like opinions are completely illegal these days.

Snake does bring up some good points, though. The DSi is still technically just a DS with some bells and whistles attached, and I'm willing to bet most of us here already own a DS.

I reckon I'll still get one, though. I mean, my current DS can't have long to go, and owning another, more effective version would be reassuring. Plus, there's bound to be some good stuff in terms of DSiWare.

I'd say getting a DSi isn't a bad idea if you never bought the Lite. You'll notice the improvements more.

The simple answer is NO.

At least not right now anyway. The only way that I would change my mind is if one of three things would have to happen.

1. Pokémon Gen V is DSi exclusive.
2. A sequel to New Super Mario Bros. is DSi exclusive
3. A DSi exclusive game that pushes the limits of the hardware.

Right now none of those things are happening. I was mad at first that there was no GBA slot, but I’ve gotten over that. I remember when the original DS came out and I couldn’t play my old Game Boy and Game Boy Color games on it and being really mad about that too, but I got over it eventually.

The thing is video games have always been out with the old and in with the new. If I want to play any of those old Game Boy and Game Boy Color games I still have a working Game Boy Color and I have a DS Lite for the GBA games (my poor GBA died last year) :-(

I’m sure that we won’t get a true successor to the DS for a while, epsically since the DS recently had it’s 100th millionth unit shipped.

So the DS brand will be here to stay for some time to come.

Much like the Gameboy brand. So I see DSi as a true successor, much like the Gameboy Color was a true successor to the Gameboy. It wasn't just a redesigned model, it was a truly new system with new features, better hardware, and its own exclusive games, much like the DSi. With that, I'm most likely getting one, I'm going to need one eventually, DSiWare sounds nice, and I also don't have any portable device with a web browser, so I love the idea of being able to realize that I wanted to post something after already turning off my laptop, and just hopping on the DS to do it.

Probably not for now. I'm happy with my DS for now, and I don't have the money, anyway. Probably when I finish playing the Diamond and Pearl games, and the Gen V is only on DSi most likely.

Eventually I will.:DBut not for now.

Eh... I don't want to spend too much money on it so soon. I'll be reading some reviews and going to the store and trying it out first. And I am short on cash , though I expect to get a job later this year in my sophomore year of college.

Will you leave the snide remarks to yourself, please? Jeez, it's like opinions are completely illegal these days.

You're allowed to have opinions. Just don't assume everybody else agrees with them. Remember, we're allowed to have opinions, too.

You're allowed to have opinions. Just don't assume everybody else agrees with them. Remember, we're allowed to have opinions, too.

What the hell makes you assume I think everyone agrees with my opinion? I realize not everyone does and that's why I said that I don't understand why people like and want the DSi.

See, that's much better than calling it "a useless piece of junk" just because you don't like it. I meet way too many people who think "I hate something, so everybody else has to hate it too," so it's good to know you don't think that way.

Personally, I partially agree with you; I'm not going to get it. But if I didn't already have an iPod, I might be more interested.

I'm not getting one. Soon, there will be other game consoles. So far there has been:
Game Boy
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro (which was unsuccessful)
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo DSi

Here are the consoles:
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Wii

You forgot NES and Super NES, blasphemy! There was life before PlayStation you know.

See, that's much better than calling it "a useless piece of junk" just because you don't like it. I meet way too many people who think "I hate something, so everybody else has to hate it too," so it's good to know you don't think that way.

I agree, I don't like a PSP, but I don't say other people should not like it just because I do.

I can call it a useless piece of junk if I want to.

You can if you want, I could call a iPod a worthless piece of junk, does not make it so. And to be fair, since a lot of people have no use for a GBA slot on a DS, the new DS is an improvement, not a great one, but it is better than previous ones.

I'm not getting one. Soon, there will be other game consoles. So far there has been:
Game Boy
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro (which was unsuccessful)
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo DSi

Here are the consoles:
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Wii

There may or may not be new consoles soon, but this might be a little offtopic but is it true there is going to be a successor to the Wii? I read something a long time ago that said that Nintendo were working on a newer version of it (or something like that)

I've heard vague references to "Wii HD". Not sure if it's just an upgrade or a true successor. If we're going to see a successor to the Wii anytime soon, it will probably be announced at E3 this year or next at the latest.

Photographs for trainer ID wouldn't fly because Nintendo is afraid of child predators hence the friend codes.

iirc, the DSi camera is like 0.3 megapixels, which means that it'll work better as a disguise than actually showing someone a photo of yourself.

You can if you want, I could call a iPod a worthless piece of junk, does not make it so. And to be fair, since a lot of people have no use for a GBA slot on a DS, the new DS is an improvement, not a great one, but it is better than previous ones.

I never told people they shouldn't like it because I don't like the DSi! I said I don't get why they like it, that isn't the same thing! God, you people should stop being so sensitive. Just because you want the stupid thing doesn't mean that I'm indirectly making fun of you by calling the DSi a useless piece of junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom