• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Who's Your Buddy Pokemon?

I got one Squirtle candy and switched to Geodude because I only need to walk 1k for each candy. I'll probably switch again once I can get Graveler.

I got the update yesterday and chose Charmander as my Buddy Pokemon like I mentioned. Although, it is rather disappointing that you only get one candy regardless of the kilometers. Obviously, I'd need to walk to get the candy, but I was hoping it would be more than just one. Walking one kilometer or five and still only getting one candy seems like a bit unfair.

After I get a Charmander candy, I'll probably focus more on the Pokemon that require one kilometer for awhile instead. At least I'd be able to get multiple candy pieces faster that way. Plus, I'm relatively close to getting enough candies for a Butterfree and to evolve my Geodude twice, so that should be easier to manage.

I had a Caterpie for my Buddy Pokemon for awhile. I rarely find a Caterpie around my area, so it was hard to get enough candies to get a Butterfree. Now that I have that, I have a Geodude as my Buddy Pokemon. I'm so close to getting enough to evolve one all the way up to a Golem. I'll probably focus on all of the one kilometer Pokemon for awhile, except for Jigglypuff and Magikarp. I already caught a Wigglytuff, so evolving a Jigglypuff isn't as much of a priority. While I still need a ton of candy to evolve a Magikarp, I don't know if i want to have one as my Buddy Pokemon until I walk four hundred and twenty kilometer. I may just focus on the three kilometer Pokemon I want to evolve by the time I get to that point.

I got enough candies to evolve my Geodude into a Golem, so now my Buddy Pokemon is Clefairy. I've already gotten seven pieces of candy walking around with it. I'm close to having enough candies to evolve a Pikachu, but I'll probably still walk with one for awhile, if only so that I can get one to stay on my shoulder after walking for ten kilometers. I already caught a Wigglytuff, so evolving a Jigglypuff isn't as much of a priority. I'll probably move back to the three kilometer Pokemon after that point, even though it will take a lot longer to get enough candies for those Pokemon to evolve.

I finally got enough candy to evolve my Clefairy, so now I have Pikachu as my Buddy Pokemon. I'm fairly close to having enough candy to evolve it into a Raichu, but I'll probably have it for awhile just because I like the whole Pikachu being on your shoulders after walking ten kilometers. I just find that adorable and I actually kind of like seeing the Pokemon on your shoulder more than on the side. I think it makes the screen look less crowded when you check on your trainer.

I'll probably have Pikachu there until I'm ready to evolve it and a bunch of other Pokemon. Then I'll move onto the three kilometer Pokemon. I could focus on getting my Magikarp to evolve, but I'd need to walk three hundred kilometers and I could get candy to evolve quite a few of the three kilometer Pokemon instead with that amount of time. I'll probably start with Vulpix since I only need four more candy to get a Ninetales and then decide from there, unless I'm able to catch or hate another Vulpix between now and then. It's going to take longer to get candy for all of the other Pokemon, which is still a disappointing aspect of the function since I like getting one candy per kilometer. It's a more instant reward for walking around and I feel much closer to getting new Pokemon than if I have to walk thirty kilometers to get only ten candy pieces. It's going to take me ages to get the starters, Magikarp or Dratini to evolve all the way through.

I chose Lapras just because I love to see its huge body behind me! HAHAHA

Forgot to post here that after getting a single Spearow candy (which I won't need anytime soon after all) I switched to Nidoran M, where I got a single candy (3km) needed to evolve into Nidorino. Finished that today.

After checking the km needed once again, I decided on Metapod as my new one. It will take a while (wouldn't take that much if I was in my homeland in the countryside xD) but the distance needed is 1km. At least until I end up in a situation where I get lots of candy on some other random Pokemon whose evolution I'm far from getting yet.

It's Kabuto (1 candy/5 km). We'll be together for a loooong time before I can evolve it.

I had Pikachu as my Buddy Pokemon for awhile, but after evolving it and a few other Pokemon, I now have Exeggcute as my Buddy Pokemon. I was going to have Vulpix instead, but I hatched another Vulpix egg and got enough candy to evolve one. I haven't caught an Exeggcute in ages and I'm fairly close to evolving one, so I'll work on that for awhile. I'm focusing on the three kilometer Pokemon for awhile, but I'll focus on the ones that require fifty candy pieces to evolve just to make it a bit more manageable at first. Trying to evolve the three stages Pokemon like Abra and Gastly will take a much longer time.

I've been buddying with Geodude since it's one of the only other 1 Km egg that I haven't evolved yet other than Magikarp... After that I'm not sure, maybe to get some more candies for those few Pokemon that I'm really close to evolving.

Switched to Growlithe because of the Halloween event changing my calculations. I only need 1 candy for evolution.
Will do the exact same thing for Mankey after I get Arcanine.

I finally got enough candy to evolve an Exeggcute, so now I can change my buddy Pokemon. I went for a Gastly at first since I thought that having that as my Buddy Pokemon and catching Gastly/Haunter would make it more likely for me to get a Gengar after the Halloween event. Plus, I thought walking around with a Gastly would be pretty cool for the Halloween season. But now I barely find any Gastly, I haven't found any Haunter yet and I only get one candy from going 0.75 kilometers instead of three like I did with Exeggcute. I don't know if they changed their minds about giving more candy with your Buddy Pokemon or if it's just something that the event Pokemon can only give you one candy if they're your Buddy Pokemon.

Right now, Grimer is my Buddy Pokemon. I was thinking about using that one before anyway since I've only hatched one Grimer thus far. I'll see if I get three candy instead of one from walking with it later. If I do, then I'll most likely focus on that and some of the other Pokemon that I rarely come across. I could use the event to help reduced the amount of candy I need for my starters or Magikarp, but I'm more tempted to focus on Pokemon that I'm not too far off from evolving. I may consider that for at least my Charmander. If I only get one candy from Grimer, then I may consider just having Gastly as my Buddy Pokemon for the heck of it during the Halloween event.

@Hidden Mew , m8 did you update your game with the update that came out right before the event? If not, that might explain why. I was getting the extra candies with both Jigglypuff and Dratini. Although it's still one candy at a time I think, just less distance to walk for it.

@Hidden Mew , m8 did you update your game with the update that came out right before the event? If not, that might explain why. I was getting the extra candies with both Jigglypuff and Dratini. Although it's still one candy at a time I think, just less distance to walk for it.

I did update the game right before the event launched. It might have given me more candy before because of how I did walk nearly three kilometers with Exeggcute before the event started and it was making up for that. That would explain why I was a bit confused on how I just got fifty candies for Exeggcute after walking some more instead of getting to fifty-three now in retrospect. I didn't think of that until now. That is a bit disappointing when I was hoping to get more candy with the Buddy Pokemon, but less distance to walk for it is still good.

Since that is the case, I changed my Buddy Pokemon back to Gastly. It might make it bit easier for me to get a Gengar if I find enough Gastly and Haunter to catch along with the walking I'll be doing for the next few days and I do like the idea of walking with a Ghost Pokemon so close to Halloween. I can save Grimer for either after I get enough Gastly candy or after the event. I'd probably still need to walk quite a bit with it right now. I just hope that my five kilometer eggs hatch into Gastly, Horsea, Seel or any Pokemon I haven't come across too often during this event.

After a Growlithe -> Mankey -> Growlithe progression I'm set on Clefairy as my Buddy for now.

I finally got enough candy to evolve a Gastly. It might not have been as much of a necessity given that I already caught a Haunter and Gengar, but I wanted to evolve one all the way as I had planned beforehand and having that Gastly as my Buddy Pokemon did help out with that, especially when finding Ghost Pokemon is still pretty infrequent for me.

I now have Bellsprout as my Buddy Pokemon. I was tempted to go with Grimer like I had mentioned before to give it a large dent to its candy, but I'm closer to getting my Bellsprout to evolve all the way through than I am with Grimer. I should be able to get enough candy for Bellsprout by probably tomorrow at the latest, so I thought I'd take advantage of that with the event. Besides, I'll still need to walk with Grimer for a long time after the event to evolve one, assuming that I don't find another Grimer egg before or after the event.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom