• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you call "Pokemon Trainer", from SSB Brawl, Red?

He's not Red, he's the player character from pokémon. They just took Red because that's the most standard character (and probably because the Kanto starters are the battlers).

..Explain. That's what I meant. Quite a few people think of him as a general trainer that just has Red's iconic design rather then Red.

Last edited:
He looks like Red, he dresses like Red, he uses the Kanto Starters, so yeah, I call him Red.

HE IS RED. He IS Red. That's the whole point, they just called him Pokemon Trainer because not everyone would understand what "Red" was.

He. Is. Red. lol. Thread is pointless now because it's been answered, and anyone who says otherwise is SUPER incorrect. :p

Pokemon Trainer because not everyone would understand what "Red" was.

That's his name, simple as that. I don't see any problem with them calling him it in-game.

Everyone has their names or species name except for him. They didn't call Marth "RPG Fire Emblem boy" in Melee.

I call him "Pokémon Trainer" or "FR/LG Trainer", simply because I hate that "Red"-name and prefer to use it as little as possible. :I

I think of him as Red, even when it announces "POKEMON TRAINER" when I select him.

i think of him as Red too. i guess they didn't use Red because those who haven't played Pokemon would wonder why a character is named after a color instead of a real name.

i think of him as Red too. i guess they didn't use Red because those who haven't played Pokemon would wonder why a character is named after a color instead of a real name.

Fox.
Donkey Kong.
Ice Climbers.
Mr. Game & Watch.
Link.
Peach.
Pit.
Sonic.
Toon/Young Link

It's not all that odd compared to other characters. Like Leaf Five bucks they call him "Pokemon Trainer Red" in the next game.

..Explain. That's what I meant. Quite a few people think of him as a general trainer that just has Red's iconic design rather then Red.

There aren't many character designs that scream "Pokemon!" than someone that's based off Red. Almost anyone that has played Pokemon would be able to tell that he's a Pokemon Trainer without knowing his name. I think that's what they were going for when they implemented PT into Brawl.

I think the hair color might of be why they didn't add a name considering "Pokemon Trainer" is Red's official title. It really just depends on how one thinks the universe of SSB works. I consider PT to be just another version of Red, but not the real thing.

well it makes sense

but i think they ere referring to the playable character you are

but they shouldve made it Red

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom