• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you support a Pokémon: The Johto Journeys DVD boxset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viz should definatly make box sets for every pokemon saga, especially johto journeys and johto champions. fans and collectors, im a combination of both, will definatley want box sets and i would support it fully. if anyone hears anything about them making it please email me :)

YES YES YES! We need more Johto! Even thought HGSS is coming soon, but that is not enough for me.

I didn't care for Johto. It was my least favorite region.
I've got my Kanto box sets, and that's all I need. ^_^

Yes! I know everyone and their brother hates Johto, but I happened to actually love it. :O So yes. Johto Journeys boxsets please.

What.... why do people hate Johto, Because of the fillers? If there was no fillers then it would be a show at all.

YES!!!! I just simply LOVE that season! Not to mention, it's the hardest season to own currently.

I would also support and buy a Johto League Champions, Advanced Challenge, and Advanced Battle!

And not to mention uncut boxsets. If 4kids is actually finally giving this thought, TPCI can surely give it some thought too.
What.... why do people hate Johto, Because of the fillers? If there was no fillers then it would be a show at all.
I have also always wondered why that is too. I mean what is so wrong with that season? We have ALWAYS had that many fillers. (Except in Kanto.) I personally think it's one of the best.

They say it's because Johto was full of terrible fillers. Sure there were some bad ones, but they're forgetting that Johto actually had some of the most amazing fillers on the show (imo, at least).

They say it's because Johto was full of terrible fillers. Sure there were some bad ones, but they're forgetting that Johto actually had some of the most amazing fillers on the show (imo, at least).

Yes Johto indeed had many great fillers, I enjoy all of them actually, I would not want the anime just to be like Ash get a badge.......next episode Ash gets another badge....... Something like that. It would be so boring. Fillers make the series longer, which I like.

But I'm not sure how anyone can defend the Jouto amount (and general quality) of filler. There was too much, and it was too rubbish mostly :/

I'd love it. I'm really starting to get into collecting those sets, not doing so well though. I wish they would stay in Wal-Mart and other stores a bit longer though. I mean come on, why have sets 2 and 3 of Kanto without 1? The same thing applies to the existance of box sets, why have season 5 out without 3 and 4?

Plus I either missed or don't remember Johto at all. I feel so much more fluent in Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. I think it would fit well to have these released near HGSS, don't yah think?

If the Johto Saga is on DVD, you can bet I will buy it.

Except in Kanto.

Each time someone mentions it, A Chansey Operation comes to mind. And a lot of others.

Fillers in Johto Journeys at least were enjoyable. What you are guys remembering as "mediocre" ones - i bet - were part of season 4.

Are there really no Johto boxsets in the US?

The Master Quest part has two boxsets, but I don't think the first two parts have any.

Yeah, I'd support a boxset release for Johto (and the rest of the series that hasn't gotten one)--there ARE some good episodes, and the beauty is you can skip the boring ones.

Last edited:
it would make perfect sense for them to release johto journey box sets and johto champion box sets as they release heart gold and soul silver. ive been emailing various assocciations that make other dvd box sets, or own pokemon, asking them and telling them but i feel they couldnt care less :(. but they should deffinatly make box sets of any season they dont currently have on box set. id support any season, not just johto :)

To be honest the very beginning of Johto was alright, it was after Whitney (the 3rd Gym), that Johto got bogged down with boring fillers.

It might also have to do with the fact that Charizard and Squirtle were gone by then. Call me bias, but Johto went downill once Ash's Kanto team got split-up. That's when the "magic" was essentially lost.

It was so sad not seeing Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charizard together with Ash...I wish Ash kept them the whole arc and skipped the Johto starters entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom