• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Anyone else curious to see what the final results are going to be for the Awards?

A bit, but I'm pretty confident I know who the winners will be, at least in the categories I've read.

@Kelleo; I think next month is free if you want to submit a lesson plan.

And there has only been one winner decided at the moment, though I shan't say for which category ;) The others are coming along nicely and we should have most of it done this weekend - it seems that my stories are the ones holding things up :p It would be nice to see some more voting done for the User Voted categories though - if you have not voted make sure you do! :D

Hey, if you finish it you could always rework it as non-Pokemon and submit it to a publisher?
That would be ideal, but I can't even imagine how I'd rework something like Pokemon into non-Pokemon. It would probably take just as long to rewrite it with new ideas, and I'd be better off writing something truly original. :p

As far as I am aware, it is free, and I am too busy with the Awards and real life stuff to go searching, so if you want it then just message me.

For those that are getting sick of TPP, they have managed to reach the Elite Four and are actually doing quite well with it. The brunt of the game will pretty much be over afterwards.

Oh, okay, I see! I'll message you when I make my decision then. :)

So I'm looking at all of this drama over in Ukraine and Russia and I'm surprised how scarily accurate it is to the original plot I had written for Let The World Fear Us, before I completely retooled the plot for a fictitious world. It's almost word for word, except instead of Ukraine, it was Belarus. Even the official response from the US government was pretty much the same. Maybe I'm psychic?

Well stuff like this has happened before. You could kind of see it coming, even if though we all hoped it wouldn't happen.

Or you're psychic.

Either way, the clear solution is to just give the Russians back Nikolai Sokolov.

It's been predictable because it follows stereotypical writing, but at the same time, that's precisely why I wasn't expecting it. I mean, who does the obvious when so much is on the line? It seems to be working for Putin so far, at least.

The Awards are very nearly done, with most of the categories now wrapping up and one story category and its related character ones being held up due to an absentee judge. Hopefully though I shall be posting the results this weekend :)

Since many of us write a lot or uses our computers a lot, some of us probably sometimes suffer from eye strain, me included. However, I happened to find a program called f.lux that can help against that. I'll post a link if any of you are interested: Link

Guess who went shopping yesterdaaaay~

(click on it for a bigger preview)

All I need is some sky blue knee-high socks and I'm good to go for a cosplay.

Since many of us write a lot or uses our computers a lot, some of us probably sometimes suffer from eye strain, me included. However, I happened to find a program called f.lux that can help against that. I'll post a link if any of you are interested: Link

Eye strain? I've never heard of that one. Now headaches I do get from looking at screens too much on occasion. xP

This is pretty cool. I have always wanted to do a cosplay but I just don't have the time or money to procure the necessary items. I would love though to do something as a Pokemon!

This is pretty cool. I have always wanted to do a cosplay but I just don't have the time or money to procure the necessary items. I would love though to do something as a Pokemon!
Luckily, Leaf is a down to earth character design, which helped immensely in those departments. As far as expensive, I only paid about $10 for this entire getup: The skirt was $3.99 at a thrift shop, the hat was $5.99 at an aquarium over in Niagara Falls. I grabbed the top from my mom's old clothes (which she herself got real cheap at a thrift shop in the 1980s). But yeah, cosplay can get ridiculously expensive if you do something creative like... Skeletor or something.

I'm not even sure where I'd go with this outfit. I don't think anyone would be caught dead in those colors in this century, and I don't know anybody who's hosting a Halloween party this year. Conventions aren't my thing either, but it's been nice to wear it around the house at least.

Back
Top Bottom