• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I mean, Kirby is turning into Kingdom Hearts...
- Mass Attack has "Kirby's heroic heart".
- People say that "Beautiful Prison" from Triple Deluxe sounds like Kingdom Hearts music.
- The description for Shadow Dedede in the same game says that his greatest enemy is the darkness in his heart. (Whenever I hear something to that effect, I think of Shadows of Almia.)
- This is as deep as my thought process went.
- Also, I jokingly call Triple Deluxe "Kingdom Stars 3D: Dreamstalk Drop Distance".

In all seriousness, in recent years I've taken issue with the Subspace Emissary because it doesn't feel like a crossover. Everyone just lives in the same world, apparently, and the designated groups of characters barely interact with each other.

Last edited:
That's really cool. I cannot dream up whole poems. I can think of the theme and a few adjectives I want to include. I mainly write fantasy and nature poems :p

That's really cool. I cannot dream up whole poems. I can think of the theme and a few adjectives I want to include. I mainly write fantasy and nature poems :p

Don’t worry, I’m sure most poems are written when the author is awake. I’m just a weirdo. :p If ya got some you’d ever wanna share, though, you’re able to here! It’s nice to get a bit of that variety!!!

Oh God, dreams xD

Can't say I have super detailed dreams, but I do have a tendency of dreaming interesting/cool/sweet/creepy/sad 'scenes', for the lack of a better term, that generally feel coherent until I wake up and realize it was ridiculously vague - like, feeling like I knew what was going on, but didn't actively see it, and start forgetting chuncks of it after awakening.

Haven't made a habit of writing dreams, so I tend to forget them soon enough.

sometimes i have cool dreams, sometimes i have not-so-cool dreams, but they do tend to be pretty weird. example of the former: me fighting evil overlord ajit pai anime style, example of the latter: my dream last night where my mom took me and my young cousin out for pizza and the cousin started cooking pasta while the pizzas came and i yelled at him a lot for not eating the damn pizza bought for him because he sure wasn't gonna have any room for the pizza after the pasta

i'm actually getting kind of mad thinking about that again, he was being a brat

well he kept using unfair OP tactics so not really

but i did call him "a-shit pai" and totally owned him with that EPIC insult

Almost all the dreams I remember are pretty boring revisions of past events. Sometimes they get wacky.

I wish I remembered an in-universe dream about Pokemon. I do remember having a Lost dream about a year ago, which involved Donald Trump acting as a villain. Ben Linus and Desmond Hume saved the day, with my help perhaps.

Infinite Reins basically started off from a dream, or rather a collection of dreams. Some of them were weeks apart from one another, but I still managed to tie each one of them together into one plot. The first scene specifically, directly comes from a dream.

Almost all the dreams I remember are pretty boring revisions of past events. Sometimes they get wacky.

I wish I remembered an in-universe dream about Pokemon. I do remember having a Lost dream about a year ago, which involved Donald Trump acting as a villain. Ben Linus and Desmond Hume saved the day, with my help perhaps.

Lmao, what. This sounds amazing. I'd kill to have LOST dreams, especially ones featuring Ben Linus. :p Bonus points if John Locke shows up, too.

Infinite Reins basically started off from a dream, or rather a collection of dreams. Some of them were weeks apart from one another, but I still managed to tie each one of them together into one plot. The first scene specifically, directly comes from a dream.

Interesting. O: Do you keep a dream diary or were these just dreams you tried to remember because you thought you could do something with them?

Interesting. O: Do you keep a dream diary or were these just dreams you tried to remember because you thought you could do something with them?
Dreams I managed to keep. That and some of them felt genuine to me (or more emotional rather) so I probably felt the urge to over analyse them somewhat. I probably should keep a dream journal at this point, although writing something based off every interesting dream I had, of course, would be way too much work.

i used to have a dream journal - to save time and keep my memories unmuddled, i'd only use keywords to describe the events and avoid full sentences whenever possible - but at some point, i lost motivation and couldn't be bothered anymore. i'd rather lie in my warm, comfy bed after waking up than instantly jolt up and start scribbling something in my cold room.

i used to have a dream journal - to save time and keep my memories unmuddled, i'd only use keywords to describe the events and avoid full sentences whenever possible - but at some point, i lost motivation and couldn't be bothered anymore. i'd rather lie in my warm, comfy bed after waking up than instantly jolt up and start scribbling something in my cold room.

I think that is a good thing though. I do that because for some reason I have the ability to decide what dream I'm going to have but I cannot like choose what happens after. I always find most of my fantasy pieces which I did a few years ago (very cringey) had ideas that I wrote down from my dreams. I think its worth it. Your brain creates dreams that you like the sound of (or something). Therefore, jotting down stuff would be a good idea.

At some point, I thought about keeping a dream diary, if only because I wanted to notice patterns in my dreams (which were more nightmares at the time). The medicine I'm on suppresses most of my dreams, and I'm okay with this. :p

@Nitro Indigo Not sure, sorry. I can't say I've ventured into Sony for years now.

@ArtemisOfTheMoonTribe Good luck! If you have any questions when you're startin' up, feel free to make use of our writing discussion threads, hehe

Back
Top Bottom