• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Data Broadcast discussion thread

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Upcoming episodes (Data Broadcasts)

Mod note: This thread is for discussing upcoming episodes whose only known information is based on data broadcasts from pocketmonsters.net. Keep in mind that once an episode that is discussed here gets a title, discussion for that episode should move to the preview thread for that episode.

XY Boardgame Data Broadcasts - Pocketmonsters.Net

XY119: Doublade
XY120: Avalugg
XY121: Snorlax
XY122: Abomasnow
XY123: Carbink
XY124: Pancham
XY125: Charizard

Re: Upcoming episodes (Data Broadcasts)

XY083-It looks like an epiosde for Clemont's Chspin although I would have preferred if this was Manon's debut since we need some plot already in XY.
XY084-Probably a development episode for Braixen and possibly where she gets the ribbon that she has in the ending.
XY085-Meh don't what this could be maybe just a filler where Moltres appears.
XY086-Tyrantrum debut, could be a prehsitoric epiosde although I would have liked a Grant return and Ash has a rematch with him and his evolved Trynantrum as he promised.
XY087-Could be just a wild Disggersby imo since I don't see Clemont's Bunnelby evolving here or any time soon for that fact.
XY088-Eevee's capture episode but i'm surprised at how long we have to wait for it.

Okay I'm really happy that at least it looks like they won't reach Anistar City for a while thanks to the data broadcast since I really didn't want them to rush the gap and it looks like we will be getting some good Serena development through some(possible) Braixen dev. and the Eevee capture.

The only downside is that we might have to wait longer for Alain to debut since that and Olympia are the only things left to cover from the OP. Though I presonally think that we should reach Anistar soon maybe in the next epiosde or two after Eevee. If I were writing I would have Alain's debut at the Sundial at Anistar maybe BEFORE his gym battle.

Last edited:
Damn, that's as far as what, Mid September? If the gym is in Octomber, then that is a pretty big gap, I am surprised they are going that route. More importantly, its cool to see that they are incorporating the games starter trio dynamic, but this early in neans that they are likley stalling. And if my calculations are corect, and this does put us into mid-September territory, I have a funny suspicion the Mega Special and the Ane will tie together in a mini arc. Excitingtimes ahead me thinks.

XY 83/84: Training/development episodes. However, XY 84 may be Eevee's capture, as a callback to the episode when Pancham was caught.
XY 85: An episode referencing the birds' role in the games. Hopefully it's a normal appareance and not just a cameo.
XY 86/87: Possibly fillers based that feature said Pokemon. Hopefully one of them shows the return of a rival or another major character.
XY 88: Eevee's capture at last, or a training/showcase episode if my theory on XY 84 is true.

It's important to remember from past broadcast data that the Pokemon choices don't mean anything.

XY079's data broadcast was Slurpuff, but Braixen was the Pokemon in that episode's quiz instead. And XY054's "broadcast" was Mienfoo, but Malamar was the actual quiz subject.

It's important to remember from past broadcast data that the Pokemon choices don't mean anything.

XY079's data broadcast was Slurpuff, but Braixen was the Pokemon in that episode's quiz instead. And XY054's "broadcast" was Mienfoo, but Malamar was the actual quiz subject.

I can't agree with the first one because Slurpuff actually showed up in the episode undermining your point completely.

While I do agree with what you're saying about XY054, since Mienfoo wasn't in the episode, but I remember someone reliable saying that it was a special case. So the data broadcast listed aren't unlikely to be in the episode for those particular episodes. However Mienfoo showing up in the Malamar episode would've been weird, but this of course after the fact, we have NO idea what these episodes are so it's definitely more valid. Don't think hindsight works in this situation until we at least know about the episodes.

I can't agree with the first one because Slurpuff actually showed up in the episode undermining your point completely.

True, but Slurpuff only made a minor appearance alongside its trainer. It, along with the countless other Pokemon used in the Showcase, certainly didn't have a starring role in XY079. If I remember correctly, Slurpuff wasn't even on the cast list in said episode.

Braixen, one of the two Pokemon that was actually prominent in XY079, was chosen as the quiz subject instead.

So we shouldn't assume that "XY083 will star Chespin," XY085 will feature Moltres," and etc. For all we know each of these Pokemon may not appear in said episode, and even if they do, mat not be too important (like Slurpuff). That's why we shouldn't rely heavily on the data broadcasts for information.

we have NO idea what these episodes are so it's definitely more valid. Don't think hindsight works in this situation until we at least know about the episodes.

The Mienfoo example was an outlier, of course, but it is certainly possible that some of these data broadcasts are also wrong. The data broadcasts have been proven to be invalid sources, and should be regarded as such. Until we have reliable sources - including episode titles, summaries, and/or images released via TV TOKYO or printed in reputable magazines - we shouldn't even start to speculate on these episodes.

Just remember folks: the broadcast data can be misleading, as it's happened plenty of times the Pokemon in the data played a small part or even just showed up without even doing anything.

So let's take this with a grain of salt until we have titles and summaries.

I'm just happy to see a decent sized gap between gym battles :)

XY83 is obviously gonna be an episode for Clemont's Chespin. Hopefully he'll learn a new move or something.
XY84 is probably gonna be dedicated to Serena's Braixen and probably involve some planning for her next Pokemon Showcase.
XY85 idk what ever to make of Moltres randomly appearing. Then again, its not so random since the legendary birds can be encountered in the wild.
XY86 could be great, considering this is Tyrantrum's debut. Hopefully more prehistoric stuff or maybe a Grant return. Diantha maybe? She has one.
XY87: Obviously will be a filler episode, though I doubt Clemont's Bunnelby will evolve here.
XY88: FINALLY Serena's Eevee capture episode!

ALSO WHEN WILL LITLEO HAVE A PROPER DEBUT >:U Almost 100 episodes in and it still hasn't had a staring episode. I'm also happy that we have a nice gap between Valerie and Olympia's gym match. So far we're running on 14 episodes.

This time the data broadcast is actually correct considering the random meinfoo that appeared earlier

Data broadcasts are usually could get wrong for predicting the card quiz, but they're almost accurate on every Pokemon cast lists.

The broadcasts may be correct in terms of content, but they could still not line up exactly with the Quiz. I mean, I can't exactly see Braixen being used as the Quiz Subject for two episodes in a 10-episode window (even though the episode itself clearly stars Braixen).

XY89--Blastoise
XY90--Farfetch'd
XY91--Sableye
XY92--Meowstic

Last edited:
Wow, this new broadcast data was released very quickly this time. It usually takes 3-4 months for new data to surface (only took 1).

Assuming these are true, there are some possibilities:

Blastoise: Either Tierno reappears with his evolved starter, or Siebold makes an appearance.

Farfetch'd: Either a Serena training episode or a Showcase. Nini is most likely the Pokémon's trainer here.

Sableye: Some people on Serebii forums are speculating that this may have to do with the Anistar sundial, but it could be anything.

Meowstic: Olympia most likely makes an appearance (may or may not be the Gym Battle). The other Kalos GLs had at least one focus episode before Ash fought them.

Last edited:
XY 90 could possibly feature Tierno again with a fully evolved Blastoise, which seems likely. It could even be an episode dedicated to Siebold. I'm hoping Tierno, cause we got Siebold in Mega Evolution I. If Tierno is most likely gonna be one of Ash's opponents in the league, we want more of him.

XY 91 could possibly be something related to a Pokemon Showcase. The only other character who owns a Farfetch'd is Nini.

XY 92...I'm not exactly sure what's gonna happen here. Also where is Litleo still? Can we get an episode featuring the cute lil lion cub over Sableye?

XY 93 is most likely time for Olympia to debut. Most gym leaders in this series have appeared an episode before their gym battle, so this will probably just be the intro for Olympia. Also, I think this is the largest gap between gym battles in XY. It seems there's about 19-20 episodes between Valerie and Olympia, so far.

Wow, this new broadcast data was released very quickly this time. It usually takes 3-4 months for new data to surface (only took 1).

Assuming these are true, there are some possibilities:

Blastoise: Either Tierno reappears with his evolved starter, or Siebold makes an appearance.

Farfetch'd: Either a Serena training episode or a Showcase. Nini is most likely the Pokémon's trainer here.

Sableye: Some people on Serebii forums are speculating that this may have to do with the Anistar sundial, but it could be anything.

Meowstic: Olympia most likely makes an appearance (may or may not be the Gym Battle). The other Kalos GLs had at least one focus episode before Ash fought them.

Agree on Blastoise and Meowstic.

For XY090 I would prefer a Showcase, a training episode would be redundant.

An episode where Sableye tries to steal the Anistar Sundial would be funny, but I think it may be the Megaevolution Special with Sableye as one of the 10 Megas.

Also, I think this is the largest gap between gym battles in XY. It seems there's about 19-20 episodes between Valerie and Olympia, so far.

Heck, the gap between them will be a little longer than it took Ash to get the Plant, Voltage and Fairy badges put together! :dizzy:

An episode where Sableye tries to steal the Anistar Sundial would be funny, but I think it may be the Megaevolution Special with Sableye as one of the 10 Megas.

I don't think so. I think it would've been in Act 4's poster with the rest, and like Kai said it would mean just about anything (though you could be right).

Though I DO have a feeling that Act 4 will air sometime in October.

One thing that gets me is that there's data for 4 episodes, but there are 5 Thursdays that month... :-/

There were 19 episodes between Grant and Korrina too, and Viola and Grant as well if you count XY024, which aired between Korrina and Ramos but takes place chronologically between Viola and Grant.

XY086: Tyrantrum - I dont't see it being caught. Just befriending with Bonnie.
XY087: Diggersby - There's a chance that Bunnelby might evolve.
XY088: Eevee - Finally. Mostly looking forward for this episode.
XY089: Blastoise - Probably a Siebold appearance. I feel like it's still a bit early for Shauna, Tierno and Trevor to show up with their fully evolved starters. Wouldn't be surprised if happened though.
XY090: Farfetch'd - If Nini is going to reappear then probably will be a Performing show where Serena will end up loosing.
XY091: Sableye - Strange.
XY092: Meowstic (Female) - Olympia.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom