• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Data Broadcast discussion thread

So it looks like Ash and Alain will have about 2-3 episodes for their battle and it seems like Team Flare is directly after. I still swear I'll be furious if they let Alain beat Ash again. Charizard being the subject of XY 131 and the fact that they've been building up to Ash-Grneinja eventually defeating him makes me hopeful though. The fact that Team Flare starts RIGHT AFTER though makes me wonder if they'll crash the league still. Also those evil Malamar could be with Team Flare.

I think that when the team Flair climax begins, things will become chaos! I hope that it's 3-4 (5 would be better) episodes long.

- Team Flare confirmed!

- Oh hey, they're FINALLY bringing back Malamar!

- Let's a non-companion Gym Leader break Korrina's record NOW! :p

- Hmmm...a lot those Pokémon have Mega-Evolutions/other forms...:unsure:

Anyone else have the feeling that the league is the real deal this time? While the team flare climax is seemingly taking off right after the finals battle, I can't see it being interrupted at the last minute for Ash to lose cause of the interruption, too mich build up to the finals. I am seriously considering a win for him right now, he has only 2 major battles in the league, both two parters, with his preliminary and semifinal battles being off screen moments.

I'm at least glad that they aren't just going to leave the Malamar plot on the shelf and leave us wondering, like they did with the GS Ball. I'm hoping the Team Flare finale is more than 2 parts, so that this whole thing doesn't have a sloppy ending.

The way I'd like it to be:
XY130 and XY131 - Ash vs Alain
XY132 - Having won the league, Ash gets to battle the Elite 4, and that Houndour belongs to Malva (though she has a Houndoom...)
From XY133 on - Flare's finale

Though maybe Ash is not fighting the Elite 4, and that Houndour may belong to a Flare grunt. But I'd like if Ash got to battle Malva, and maybe that is what triggers Flare's finale (Squishy may be accidentally captured by the camera and Lysandre sees it? Those Flare executives recognize Ash? It's possible!).

I'm really interested in the Malamar episode, and whether we'll finally see a connection between it and Team Flare.

The way I'd like it to be:
XY130 and XY131 - Ash vs Alain
XY132 - Having won the league, Ash gets to battle the Elite 4, and that Houndour belongs to Malva (though she has a Houndoom...)
From XY133 on - Flare's finale

Though maybe Ash is not fighting the Elite 4, and that Houndour may belong to a Flare grunt. But I'd like if Ash got to battle Malva, and maybe that is what triggers Flare's finale (Squishy may be accidentally captured by the camera and Lysandre sees it? Those Flare executives recognize Ash? It's possible!).
I can see this happening.
*The camera pans on the excited crowed during the start of the finals, it passes by Shota, Trevor, Tinero, Bonnie, Clemont, Serena, and Shauna. Punichan is seen watching from Bonnie's bag or on her lap on the large TV screens in the stadium*
Malva: *Sees Punichan on the TV screen* ! *Knows what Team Flair is doing, but doesn't reacts about it and act like she "didn't" see it since she doesn't want to expose Team Flares plans. Unknown to her, Diantha is suspicious of team Flare*
Diantha: *Sees Punichan with Ash's group, talks quietly to herself* So they have a Zygarde core with them. As long as it stays with them, team Flair is unable to do their plans, but it'll be a matter of time that they'll capture it....*Focuses her attention to the league while keeping the upcoming crises in Kalos in her mind*
Jessie, James, and Meowth: *Sees Punichanon the TV screen, quietly talks among themselves*
Meowth: Looks like that Punichan are still with the twerps!
James: It'll be a matter of time that we can capture Punichan and send it to the boss!
Jessie: How are we going to be able to take it from them?
*James is about to talk, but Malva urges them to continue going around, so they have to continue following around and filming her. Meanwhile at Lysandre labs, Lysandre and Xerosic watches the TV to monitor Alain throughout the league and sees Punichan on the TV screen with Bonnie*
Lysandre: *Smirks* So that's where Z1 has been hiding, with that little girl. We haven been looking for you in quite a long time....
Xerosic: How are we going to be able to capture it when there's are thousands of people there?
Z2 (Blue Zygarde core): *Watches the TV and the two as it listens to them talk. Has a feeling that they're up to something again, but can't do anything about it since it's still trapped in the containment chamber* ;
Lysandre: We only need all 5 cores in order to have our plan in full motion, and the plans have been delayed enough already. *He and Xerosic leaves the room to go talk to the Flare executives what needs to be done, even if they have to ruin the league itself*

I can see this happening.
*The camera pans on the excited crowed during the start of the finals, it passes by Shota, Trevor, Tinero, Bonnie, Clemont, Serena, and Shauna. Punichan is seen watching from Bonnie's bag or on her lap on the large TV screens in the stadium*
Malva: *Sees Punichan on the TV screen* ! *Knows what Team Flair is doing, but doesn't reacts about it and act like she "didn't" see it since she doesn't want to expose Team Flares plans. Unknown to her, Diantha is suspicious of team Flare*
Diantha: *Sees Punichan with Ash's group, talks quietly to herself* So they have a Zygarde core with them. As long as it stays with them, team Flair is unable to do their plans, but it'll be a matter of time that they'll capture it....*Focuses her attention to the league while keeping the upcoming crises in Kalos in her mind*
Jessie, James, and Meowth: *Sees Punichanon the TV screen, quietly talks among themselves*
Meowth: Looks like that Punichan are still with the twerps!
James: It'll be a matter of time that we can capture Punichan and send it to the boss!
Jessie: How are we going to be able to take it from them?
*James is about to talk, but Malva urges them to continue going around, so they have to continue following around and filming her. Meanwhile at Lysandre labs, Lysandre and Xerosic watches the TV to monitor Alain throughout the league and sees Punichan on the TV screen with Bonnie*
Lysandre: *Smirks* So that's where Z1 has been hiding, with that little girl. We haven been looking for you in quite a long time....
Xerosic: How are we going to be able to capture it when there's are thousands of people there?
Z2 (Blue Zygarde core): *Watches the TV and the two as it listens to them talk. Has a feeling that they're up to something again, but can't do anything about it since it's still trapped in the containment chamber* ;
Lysandre: We only need all 5 cores in order to have our plan in full motion, and the plans have been delayed enough already. *He and Xerosic leaves the room to go talk to the Flare executives what needs to be done, even if they have to ruin the league itself*
Good theory! It can be true, but I think we must wait

@Kirby4ever
That's awesome! (y)

Unfortunately, the screenwriters will likely do the opposite and just make the plot bend over backwards (or at least sideways) to suit their needs while frustrating the hell out (older) viewers, just as they've done most of XY&Z :(

Last edited:
I don't see James' Inkay evolving here since James is going to leave him at Giovanni in November before he, Jessie, and Meowth go chasing Ash and Pikachu again.

I don't see James' Inkay evolving here since James is going to leave him at Giovanni in November before he, Jessie, and Meowth go chasing Ash and Pikachu again.
His Pokemon have evolved in the past despite him inevitably leaving them behind.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom