• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Travelog!

After Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter became available, I transferred all of my needed Pokemon and completed the National Pokedex. I received the Oval Charm and Shiny Charm, though haven't used them yet. I started tallying the petting preferences of the transferred Pokemon for Pokemon Amie, and am finishing all of the Pokemon that are left. I received all of the items for Shaymin, Genesect, Landorus, Tornadus, Thundurus, the moves for form change for Keldeo and Meloetta, and changed Deoxys' forme to fit its nature.

Getting back into the game after being away for far too long. Made it to Lumoise City (like I said, been away too long). I tried to get rid of the roller skates because I wanted to take in more of the city, but for some reason I couldn't get them off. I'm currently just outside Lumoise, running through the grass and grabbing what I can.

I'm going with Pikachu as my lead ( called Peeka, because I'm original that way) and starting to use more of Pancham, because he looks like a tough little dude with attitude. I assume Pancham would be really into classic rock and old cars. He just looks that way.

I tried to get rid of the roller skates because I wanted to take in more of the city, but for some reason I couldn't get them off.

Yeah, you can't disable the roller skates. If you want to walk/run you have to use the D-pad....

Since Bank has finally been released, I've decided to actually go back and finish my Y game, which has long been neglected. After tweaking my team a little bit, I won the Bug Badge from Viola; she's a bit of a pushover if you took Fennekin.

My current team:

Braixen (Sophita, female) Bashful with Blaze, level 16
Ralts (traded, female) Modest with Synchronize, level 5
Golett (traded, genderless) Adamant with Iron Fist, level 6
Pawniard (traded, female) Naughty with Defiant, level 6
Froakie (traded, female) Adamant with Protean, level 7
Luxio (caught in FS on X, male) Rash with Rivalry, level 30

I pretty much tore apart what I had originally called a team and went with a group of Pokemon that I traded over from X. Everyone except the Luxio was at level 1 before I challenged Viola; now with the Experience Share they've gone up some levels. The Golett and Pawniard will never leave my party; both have proven themselves on my run through in X and I expect great things from them. The Luxio I may drop later, as I have a level 100 Electivire cooling his heels in my PC--he was sent over via Bank--and I may want to work with him a bit but we'll see.

Next it's onward to Lumiose City!

Yeah, you can't disable the roller skates. If you want to walk/run you have to use the D-pad....

Thanks! I just want to look more at Lumoise City and not sail past it.

Although, grinding rails does remind me of Jet Grind Radio....*sniff*

Finally got a 3ds and Y, so i could start my Kalos Journey!

I started it up and instantly fell in love with the new graphics. Went through the opening scenes and chose Fennekin as my starter.

I went through, catching everything in sight on the beggining routes and the forest. Ended up only training a caterpie along with Fennekin. Not looking at the new pokemon beforehand has definately made this interesting.

I continued onward, and trolled the bug gym with Fennekin, who evolved into Braixen afterwards. Caterpie also evolved all the way to Butterfree very quickly.

After that, I moved along, and managed to get lost for about 10 minites in Lumios city. Finally found my way out and on to the next city.

Encountered my first couple horde battles on these routes, and cant count the number of Zangoose/Seviper hordes I encountered.

Got Bulbasaur and caught an Abra, training both and boxed Butterfree.

Im currently training for the second gym, and my team stands as follows:

Braixen(F, lv 22)
Kadabra(F, lv 19)
Ivysaur(M, lv18)

Finally got a 3ds and Y, so i could start my Kalos Journey!

I started it up and instantly fell in love with the new graphics.

They really are something, aren't they? I know this has been commented on to death, but I still smile at every battle sequence. Abra's animations were just perfect.

Im currently training for the second gym, and my team stands as follows:

Braixen(F, lv 22)
Kadabra(F, lv 19)
Ivysaur(M, lv18)

If you're at Cyllage Town with levels like those then you're about level (no pun intended) with the difficulty curve. If you're only at Ambrette then you are overlevelled. Overlevelling robs you the satisfaction of beating an (otherwise) difficult opponent.

Oh, and speaking of difficult opponents watch out for that Hawlucha down in Reflection Cave, it will murder your Braixen (and any Flying type).

If you're at Cyllage Town with levels like those then you're about level (no pun intended) with the difficulty curve. If you're only at Ambrette then you are overlevelled. Overlevelling robs you the satisfaction of beating an (otherwise) difficult opponent.

Oh, and speaking of difficult opponents watch out for that Hawlucha down in Reflection Cave, it will murder your Braixen (and any Flying type).

Cyllage town/gym was actually pretty difficult for me even with those levels. I ended up getting Ivysaur and Kadabra to level 20 and it took me three tries.

I didnt expect to win the first time as I am "playing blind" (I didnt know anything about these games beyond the starters) , and I figured out what pokemon he had. Then the second try he destroyed me. Lastly, I special trained? Ivysaur in Attack a few times and beat him, but it still took the help of the others.

And thanks for the advice about Hawlucha!

Hey, dude. Try facing Korrina with Hawlucha, Fletchinder (if you got one.), Kadabra (which you have.), any Fairy type, and basically anything that can damage Fighting types, which is basically everything between Geosenge Town and Shalour City. Hey, that's what I did. And, I beat the game already! AND got into Lumiose Boutique!

On X: For the last few weeks, I've been spending my time in the Friend Safari. Earlier in the month, I got a shiny Druddigon but on the 17th, I was able to get two shinies--a Phantump and a Golurk with its Hidden Ability. As of right now, I'm in a Fighting Safari, hoping to encounter and catch a shiny Sawk.

On Y: I got to Lumiose, battled the Professor and beat him, then chose my Kanto starter. I went with Bulbasaur because it was my first and I'm indifferent at best towards the other two. Once that was done, I got my hair dyed black--I was sick of being blonde--and headed out towards the coast. It didn't take me long to get there, get my Dex upgraded and get a Fossil; this time I took the Jaw Fossil. I revived it, so now I'm the proud owner of a Tyrunt named Devil.

And I never want to see another Croagunk again. Especially one from Team Flare. That one in Glittering Cave managed to score two critical hits and took out my Golett; I broke out with my Sophita and roasted that frog in the fires of Hades for harming my poor little precious one. Die, you stinking frog!

After that was done, I went up against Grant and beat him very easily; my Ivysaur did most of the heavy lifting. I also managed to get to Geosenge Town without running into any Golett on Route 10--trust me, that's quite a feat--but I've left the storyline stuff alone. As of right now I'm taking a bit of a battling break and I'm just growing some Berries, as I know I'll need them later.

My current team:
Braixen (Sophita, female with Blaze, starter): level 31
Frogadier (trade, female with Protean): level 31
Ivysaur (Bruticus, male with Overgrow): level 29
Golett (trade, genderless with Iron Fist): level 30
Pawniard (trade, female with Defiant): level 30
Tyrunt (Devil, male with Strong Jaw): level 23

My Golett and Pawniard haven't seen much action as of yet, since I'm trying to EV train them a bit and I want to work on their Attack. Devil is really lagging behind; he hasn't been in battle once and has mostly gotten his EXP via the EXP Share. I hope to change that soon.

Oh wow. So much has happened in so little time.

I was sick the last two days, resulting in me doing almost NOTHING but play pokemon Y. To recap from where I left off, I had just passrd the second gym with Kadabra, Baixen(?) And Ivysaur.
Im doing all of this off of memory, and my 3ds is dead so i cant check to confirm.

Leaving the second gym, I continued onward, Kadabra and Ivysaur tanking everything in sight. The next few gyms were actually pretty easy, I learned how to mega evolve, and obtained Lucario, who became a permenant team member.

I became to believe that Lucario is broken in this game. I had him on a moveset of rock tomb/bone rush/ aura sphere/ dragon pulse for most of he game and nohing came close to beating him besides the champion.

I defeated Team Flare, and caught Ylvetis, which was actually a funny story. I was talking to a friend, and i joked saying "im gonna quickball all the legends" and first move threw a quickball that captured the Yveltis.

Anyways, besides the fact it was longer(which i liked) the storyline itself wasnt all the interesting to me. LOVED the new mechanics however.

I OHKO'd everything in the last two gyms, allowing me to move onto the E-4! It took me two tries to beat Victory Road, as I was NOT expecting the rival battle there.

Before the E4, I realized I only had a 4 pokemon team, so decided I would train up one more. I also needed a flyer, so who better than TalonFlame? Also, I decided to take my Butterfree who was boxed earlier in the game just because i could.

Got to the E4 and I dont think that the 4 themselves could have gone any better. Venesaur went Beast on the Water guy, Lucario and Talonflame teamed up for the fire one. Lucario tanked Steel, and Everyone helped exploit the duel-typed dragons.

Lastly, the champion. Her first 5 fell fast to my team, and then it was down to her mega Gardevoir against my whole team. And Gardevoir swept. And again, and again. I havent been that mad at a game in awhile. Finally though, i managed to beat her and earn my spot in the hall of fame.

Did all the credit stuff, and now Im not sure what to do. I dont have wifi so i cant get a foreign ditto or anything, but i might try to RE a shiny. Or work on my dex, im not really sure yet. Any advice?

TL; DR I beat the game.

My Hall of Fame team:
Delphox lv 60
Venasaur lv 66
Kadabra lv 58
Talonflame lv 55
Lucario lv 67
Butterfree lv 31

Lastly, the champion. Her first 5 fell fast to my team, and then it was down to her mega Gardevoir against my whole team. And Gardevoir swept. And again, and again. I havent been that mad at a game in awhile. Finally though, i managed to beat her and earn my spot in the hall of fame.
Mega Gardevoir is kinda like Mega Lucario in that she hits hard and hits fast. If you don't have anything faster (or with Sp.Def bulk and resistance/neutrality to Fairy) then you are indeed going to be in trouble.

As for the postgame, first head to Kiloude City and try your hand at the Battle Maison. Then talk to everyone.

I started my IV breeding, trying to get 2 Charmander, 1 Torchic, and one Bulbasaur. The Torchic I was able to get 5 IVs, Adamant Nature, and has Speed Boost. The Bulbasaur I was able to get also has 5 IVs, Giga Drain, and has a Calm Nature. The first Charmander I was able to get 5 IVs, has Solar Power, and a Modest Nature. The 2nd Charmander I was able to get 5 IVs, Dragon Dance, and an Adamant nature. The missing perfect IVs are in the one stat each Pokemon wouldn't be utilizing.

I did some GTS trading and Region changing, to be able to get all 18 currently obtainable Vivillon. It surprisingly only took 2 hours to obtain them all.

Guy challenged me to a 6-on-6 wifi battle. No legendaries on either side, but I officially hate Mega Gengar being a Sp.Atk/Speed powerhouse with amazing type coverage (Flamethrower/Psychic/Dazzling Gleam/Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse/Focus Blast/etc).

The highlights:
- Pyroar Yawns a Pokemon right as he's switching it in, prompting him to switch it right back out again (no Greninja 4 u)
- Lanturn hax'd a victory over a certain Dragon-type (Ice Beam froze the thing solid with just 10% HP remaining)
- his Magneton couldn't do a blasted thing against Lanturn's Volt Absorb
- A certain Dark-type of mine had absol-utely no problem maneuvering around his Chesnaught's Spiky Shield and scoring a 2HKO with Hone Claws + Psycho Cut combo. Didn't even take a hit (other than Leech Seed).
- His non-Protean Greninja ran out of PP on a Choiced Focus Blast and Mienshao took the thing out (it was actually a Zoroark, Focus Blast should've been a tip-off)

The lowlights:
- Mega Gengar. Just Mega Gengar.
- Lost my Lucario on turn 1

All things considered, the battle actually went pretty well.

Also happens the guy has a Friend Safari with Nincada.

I've been using Friend Safari for a while now in order to find some shiny Pokémon. Unfortunately, it seems that it won't be that easy... I also like to use the Lottery to see how lucky I am.

Well, I'm finally no longer Gen VI-less so might as well post a few tidbits about my journey here! I still don't know half the names (mostly towns) so please excuse the lack of that.

• Began my journey. Chose the female trainer and named her Marta. Was amazed by the 3D graphics and just went around the starting town greeting my neighbours. Finally decided to join the other kids at some café and let them call me by my street name, Li'l M. Got my starter, a Chespin which I named Echessius.
  • Did my first battle, and the graphics managed to amaze me again. Then, I set off on my journey for real, and after stalking every corner of the city next to the one where my house was, I went into the wild. I caught lots of Pokémon, battled trainers, and come the next town I became poor from having to restock Pokéballs. Things aren't easy for those who try to do what the professor asked them to, that is to say, catch lots of Pokémon!
  • Eventually decided on a second team member, a Fletchling. Unfortunately, I did not nickname her, but when I find the name rater I'll be sure to change that. Trained her just in time for the first Gym Battle, since her Peck'ing would come in handy against Viola's nefarious bug-types. We venture into her web, and got the badge shortly after.
  • With the Gym Leader defeated, I accumulated enough money to get not only more Pokéballs but also a new hat for my trainer. With that, I changed her outfit to a classy combination of cap (black) + t-shirt (green) + jeans. Unfortunately she's still stuck with a silly pink bag, but at least it does not clash with the green of the t-shirt.
  • Moved on to the next town, Lumiose. On the way, I caught many other Pokémon, and my team members started to evolve. Fletchling evolved into Fletchinder, and Eschessius became a Quilladin. We set our feet onto Lumineon, and after being awestruck by the city's great dimensions, I was back in the previous route to get some trade fodder after being offered a Pokémon by a friend, just because I had mentioned that I wanted that Pokémon casually. Jeez. :p
  • That being done, I traded 500 euros for a Corphish. Not THAT kind of 500 euros.... 500 euros was the Pokémon's nickname. Heh. Standing at Lumineon, I saved the game and called it a day.

Current team:

Level 17 Fletchinder
Level 16 Quilladin (Echessius)
Level 1 Corphish
Some other fodder that's leeching exp.

Last edited:
Current team:

Level 17 Fletchinder
Level 1 Corphish

If you're only in Lumiose City, your main two are overlevelled. Blame the EXP Share, we all do.

Current team:

Level 17 Fletchinder
Level 1 Corphish

If you're only in Lumiose City, your main two are overlevelled. Blame the EXP Share, we all do.

At first I wanted to think that had happened due to only having two Pokémon, and I thought the EXP Share was a Godsend for making it easier to train Pokémon for the sake of 'dex completion... turns out that it's quite overpowered so early on. Should have been an endgame prize in my opinion. Anyway, I started to work on undoing the damage it has done before the 2nd Gym which helped in giving me a bit of a challenge, so hopefully by the 3rd one I'll have the issue fixed.

Updates!

• Met up with professor Sycamore and got a Charmander, although he will not be going into my team. I then "rolled" into the PR studio, and spent an hour making a silly 10-seconds video. I'm also glad that I was finally able to change my trainer's eye colour.

• Moved to Route 5, catching lots of Pokémon in the process once more. Had I not know about Pancham being on route 5, I would have not stayed to find one. I really wanted a Pancham in my team, and I was pleased to find one after bumping into at least 10 Gulpins. As soon as I find a PC, he will be part of my team. He was named Panji.

• Explored the next town, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a Snorlax sleeping on a bridge, much like what happened in Gen I. With the amount of Pokémon of previous gens going around the grass, I don't think that was unintentional.

• Off I went to get the Pokéflute to awaken the Snorlax. In order to do so, I visited a palace that is most likely based on Versailles. The owner probably needs to check his attitude, but after melting my head over a simple puzzle I recovered his Pokémon and got the flute in return.

• Now that I had taken Panji from the box, I dedicated some time training him (his growth speed appears to be slower than that of the other Pokémon I've been training). Also did some more Super Training, though my Pokémon's EVs are all over the place; it's still nice to help them pack more of a punch early on, though.

• After that, I woke up the Snorlax and caught him. Then I spent a fair while looking for various Pokémon in the long route 7, before heading into what could possibly become my worst nightmare: the Zubat cave...

• Didn't find a single Zubat. What! Anyway, moved on and almost had a stroke due to lack of Pokéballs. This segment between towns was a bit too long and since I'm not rich enough (yet) to overstock I struggled to catch all the Pokémon, but I did it - discounting any 'mons I might have not seen, of course.

• Riding the Rhyhorn was very fun. I wonder if it's a setback for actually riding your Pokémon in the future... that and having Pokémon out of their Pokéballs like in HGSS would be fairly cool, wouldn't it? In the cave, I got a Kangaskhan that I shamelessly named ghaskan and a fossil, that would later be revived to become my fifth team member, Tyrunt.

• Moved to the cycling town. Now aware of my "overleveledness", I turned off the EXP Share and begun to train a Pokémon unrelated to my team in order to "sponge" some of the exp. In exchange, I eventually evolved that Pokémon for the sake of Pokédex completion, by turning a Bunnelby into a Diggersby. Now that was not an evolution I was expecting...

• Got myself a green bike. It was an easy choice since green is my favourite colour! I spent some time doing business around town, getting items... the usual. I decided to challange the second Gym, in hopes that my efforts to undo what the EXP Share had done would be worth it.

• As expected, I still had a few levels too many, but thankfully I still got a bit of a challenge by using my weaker 'mons. In the end, I had to cheat resort to my Quilladin's Needle Arm to defeat Gant's own Tyrunt.

Current team:

Lvl. 28 Quilladin (Echessius)
Lvl. 27 Fletchinder (Nickname pending)
Lvl. 27 Corphish
Lvl. 24 Pancham (Panji)
Lvl. 22 Tyrunt (to be named Tyria when I find the Name Rater)
A random Lvl. 15 Machop to be trained in order to sponge some EXP off my main team.

(to be named Tyria when I find the Name Rater)

Name Rater is in Camphrier Town's Pokemon Center (the town just before the Snorlax route). So you'll need to back track a little through the cave (there's a shortcut from Cyllage Town but you need Strength first I think).

Back
Top Bottom