• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY060: Aim to be the Kalos Queen! Serena Makes Her Debut!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who actually thinks Serena will win? I mean aside from the mandatory entries, she is going up against Jessie, Shauna and maybe Nene.

If they give her a slow build to fame arc like they did for Dawn, I would be thoroughly pleased. Her winning and losing some Performances would make her goal all the more satisfying.

The New Years' Special featured a clip of this episode. Everything that was presented is within the spoiler tag.

- Ash and the others are greeted by Shauna in the Pokémon Showcase building.
- Shauna calls Serena her rival and tells her that she won't lose.
- Serena grabs Shauna's hand, and she replies the same.
- Monsieur Pierre arrives on a stage with a Klefki mask on. The stage is covered with grass and a few small castle-like structures for the theme performance.
- Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie (with Pikachu, Dedenne, and Chespin) as well as James, Meowth, and Wobbuffet are watching from the audience.
- Serena, Fennekin, and two other performing teams (a Meowstic trainer and a Fletchling trainer) arrive on a platform underneath the stage.
- All of the performers have one of three keys - a red, blue, or green key.
- Serena is nervous and clutches on Fennekin. Fennekin looks at her trainer, and Serena becomes more confident.
- The theme performance has a time limit. It ends before Serena and Fennekin start their performance.

Last edited:
Sadly, this is all I could find, it has no sound:

[video=youtube;RBC3aNtgGhg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBC3aNtgGhg[/video]

Shauna and Serena look so cute. <3

After seeing the preview, I think Pierre wanted to be a Performer but he found out Showcases are for girls only and so he decided to become the announcer. Now I feel bad for him.

I still have issues towards Serena and Fennekin. I hope they won't be a success from day 1.

So, who actually thinks Serena will win? I mean aside from the mandatory entries, she is going up against Jessie, Shauna and maybe Nene.

If they give her a slow build to fame arc like they did for Dawn, I would be thoroughly pleased. Her winning and losing some Performances would make her goal all the more satisfying.

Me actually.

I have a hunch she won't win but end up in the top three or something. This will help her have more confidence for future showcases.

of0GH4M.jpg

Today is finally the day of Serena's Tripokalon debut. Serena is unable to hide how nervous she is for it, but after joining up with Shauna, she gains new determination and is completely ready for this. Can Serena keep her strong rivals like Shauna and Jessie back and seize the victory in her debut match? The curtain rises for the Coumarine Tournament.

Last edited:
Another image from this episode. It looks like a trainer in the Tripokalon will have a Swirlix.

4urXsNn.jpg

Today is finally the day of Serena's Tripokalon debut. Serena is unable to hide how nervous she is for it, but after joining up with Shauna, she gains new determination and is completely ready for this. Can Serena keep her strong rivals like Shauna and Jessie back and seize the victory in her debut match? The curtain rises for the Coumarine Tournament.

Jessie's definitely taking part - hooray! So, using BW Contests as a template (which appears to be the case) if Shauna represents Zoey, who's going to be the Ursula counterpart (the b!tch rival)?

The VA List.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Wobbuffet: Yūji Ueda
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame
Fennekin: Megumi Hayashibara
Pancham: Noriko Shitaya
Shauna: Yurie Kobori
Monsieur Pierre: Kenta Miyake
Yashio: Rei Sakuma
Attendant: Chinatsu Akasaki

Who is this Yashio person? Is she one of the performers competing against Serena in the first round?

Being a Serena fanboy I can't wait for this episode :p Hope she starts receiving the focus she deserved earlier in the series, even if it means lowering Satoshi's screentime.

Who is this Yashio person? Is she one of the performers competing against Serena in the first round?

No idea, she could be. She could just play some other Character of the day who isn't a performer instead.

Preview
- Serena gets read for her first Pokemon Showcase.
- Other Pokemon Showcase participants show off their Pokemon.
- Serena dresses up her Fennekin.

[video=youtube;oeV13SJWw8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeV13SJWw8w[/video]

Last edited:
Someone also noticed this:

tumblr_njarb0BVEK1tf388eo1_400.png

tumblr_inline_njatf5cTaV1rmuh86.gif

I assume this woman from the summary, Yashio (assuming it's her), will become someone important. Hmm.

I have a feeling that Serena's long hair may factor into her supposed loss here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom