• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY080: Tairenar and Yancham!! A Captivating Fiery Performance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But... what happened with Saori Hayashi at the end? Did she start to voice act again after the incident? I loved her voice and it'd be weird to hear Miette performed by another actress, not to mention I didn't think they would make the character return if her actress wasn't available...

Unlike the dubs, Japanese VAs are usually only replaced if the original VA died, and they just don't bring back the character if they're unavailable at the moment (probably why we haven't seen Haruka/May despite ORAS). And even if they do hire a replacement, they usually sound very similar to the original person.

They re-cast Daigo despite his original voice actor still being active.

Dragon Ball had recasts all the time. Sometimes scheduling conflicts come up, after all.

So Miette is pretty much a rival for Serena in showcases now.

I hope the showcase doesn't have some sort of bake off in the first round, that Miette is solely there to participate.

She reminds me of Gary on how she easily pushes Serena's buttons just like what Gary used to do with Ash.

Not to mention she will be tormenting Serena on the fact that she has a crush on Ash. Haha.

Serena is guaranteed to win this showcase, i wonder how many will it take for serena to get to the........grand festival? I hope miette is a performer as well and shows serena that she already has one key won, it will drive serena to do better and make her win more appealing.

It's funny how all these showcases are having tons of amourshipping in it.

I don't want the Theme Performance to be PokePuff baking either, but we do know that Serena is much better at this theme than any ones known thus far. In any case, it is already confirmed that Serena makes it to the Free Performance stage this time.

However, Jessie will be pretty much screwed if the theme is baking; in XY026, she (and the rest of TRio) prepared those burnt Poke Puffs for the competition.

Maybe this is the reason she loses this time. Poor Jessie. I want to see her in the Master Class tournament because she was a Pokémon Performer before Serena even existed as she would always get herself involved in her Pokémon's performances while competing in Contests in the Diamond & Pearl series. Hope she starts winning Showcases soon.

Serena is guaranteed to win this showcase, i wonder how many will it take for serena to get to the........grand festival? I hope miette is a performer as well and shows serena that she already has one key won, it will drive serena to do better and make her win more appealing.

It's funny how all these showcases are having tons of amourshipping in it.

Miette wouldn't be competing against Serena here in a Rookie Class tournament if she already had a Princess Key under her belt. Like Pokémon Contests in the games, Pokémon Showcases have ranks too.

Well, Miette has essentially admitted to having a crush on Ash as well, so she pretty much sees Serena as a rival for his affections.

Serena's first showcase win ^___^ about time! I am worried about the pacing though...she needs three keys...and Ash already has six badges...
Serena could easily just compete in her next Performances in between each of Ash's gym matches and win her third key after Ash wins his eighth badge.

Of course, this leaves little to no room for Serena to lose any more Performances, but that would be fine with me if She doesn't lose any more.

Last edited:
But... what happened with Saori Hayashi at the end? Did she start to voice act again after the incident? I loved her voice and it'd be weird to hear Miette performed by another actress, not to mention I didn't think they would make the character return if her actress wasn't available...

Unlike the dubs, Japanese VAs are usually only replaced if the original VA died, and they just don't bring back the character if they're unavailable at the moment (probably why we haven't seen Haruka/May despite ORAS). And even if they do hire a replacement, they usually sound very similar to the original person.

I'm well aware of it (heck, even the Charizard episode back at BW had all the original actors for the flashbacks), that's why I'm curious and believe it's unlikely for Miette to return if Hayashi isn't available. It was already shocking when Daigo got a new voice.

Finally, the next Showcase! I've been waiting forever for this. I really hope Serena wins it. And I seriously didn't expect to see Miette return. Now I'm interested in seeing what happens with them this time.

I'm well aware of it (heck, even the Charizard episode back at BW had all the original actors for the flashbacks), that's why I'm curious and believe it's unlikely for Miette to return if Hayashi isn't available. It was already shocking when Daigo got a new voice.

But she is returning, that girl in the scan is miette that can't be anyone else but her.

Glad to see Millefeui back. I hope Yashio appears here, she seems interesting ~

Yeah I'm pumped for this to I feel like the writers haven't been paying much attention to Serena I mean look how long it took her to catch one Pokemon

Here is a new summary of the episode.

Serena once again enters a Pokemon Showcase! This time the Theme Performance is about making PokePuffs. Together with Pancham and Braixen, she shows everyone a beautiful performance and makes it through in style! However, as she heads towards the Free Performance, trouble is brewing backstage...

Here is a new summary of the episode.

Serena once again enters a Pokemon Showcase! This time the Theme Performance is about making PokePuffs. Together with Pancham and Braixen, she shows everyone a beautiful performance and makes it through in style! However, as she heads towards the Free Performance, trouble is brewing backstage...

Miette trying to sabotage Serena? Or a TR scheme?

Whatever it is, I'm positive that this is going to be Serena's first showcase victory.

Also waiting for Miette's Round 2 performance and Jessie to qualify, but looking at the Round 1 theme chances are pretty low...

I knew it. I can see Miette making it in as well. As for Jessie and Meowth, well, we've already seen how poorly their PokePuffs from XY026 were.

On the other hand, Nyasu once passed a contest performance round by slicing some ramen up so there may yet be a chance :p

You think when Serena wins, she will do an Ash victory pose or nah? Just be straight bland and say "Thanks"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom