• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY123: Find Melecie! Numelgon and Dedenne!!

I'm not "done" with Alain quite yet, but I'm in full agreement here. How is it Alain managed to get all 8 Gym Badges when 7 episodes ago, he said he had no intention to do so. I wanna know an answer to this, and what the hell changed his mind!

I already mentioned earlier that significant time has past from ashs previous encounter with Alain, his travel to the 8th gym, and his return to the wetlands.

So it's not a far stretch to believe Alain couldn't defeat the 8 badges in time using sawyer as an example who was able to get 3-4. Especially becuase Alain already has the power to bullrush most of the gyms becuase they scale according to your number of badges.

Anything else is just pure speculation.....

maybe he enter before
when he met Ash for the first time

but again 7 epsidoe its unknown how many days and their more then 8 gyms in Kalos their could be 20 gyms in Klaos

Oh well aside from all of the important league stuff did anyone else notice the cute moment went squishy was swimming in the hot spring? And was bubbling "wolololololololololololllllol":X3: I thought that was adorable

So Goody didn't rejoin Ash after all. Disappointed, but I figured it was 50/50 anyway. Now onw has to wonder what he'll do for a 6th mon at the League. Though if Oak sends him Charizard complete with Mega- and Key stones, I swear to Arceus...:mad:

Also, I'm not at all bothered or surprised at how things went with Alan. TBH, I fully expected it and saw it coming :p

And OMA, is that Giovanni's jet in the new opening?! :eek: (and what's that other little flying thing?)

Last edited:
Well they certainly do like to prove that whatever we speculate will never be right.

*Alain confirmed to be in the league*
Fans: "There's no way he'd collect all the badges in such a short time - it's only possible Lysandre pulled some strings."

*Alain shown to winning his eigth badge and thus proving that he DID collect the badges by himself*
Fans: "why"

It warms my heart knowing that the fandom never learns.~

Too bad about Goodra though. I mean it was clear that he wouldn't go with Ash here, but I would've liked if Ash had foreshadowed using him at the KL.

Did anyone else notice how Alains mega bracelet reacted after his battle in this episode? Will this tie into future events?

Again, I would like to point out that it is possible for anyone to be able to get eight badges in a short time, if they have the right equipment and/Pokémon. We've only seen two of Alain's Pokémon, so he might own another Pokémon that knows Fly, which allows him to visit any town in Kalos. Given him being an apprentice, he'd probably have visited a lot of towns, making Fly possible for him to return to them.

Besides, it can be more plausible in that nobody is wasting their lives following Alain to steal his Charizard or Mega Ring. And him helping someone out isn't likely if he is in a rush to get eight badges before the Kalos League in like a few weeks.

Anyone can get eight badges in just a few weeks, but that would depend. It would take at least two years for Ash, though, given Team Rocket and stopping to help people out. And for the third time mentioned, it may even be possible that Alain already has at most seven badges by the time he met Ash. It is possible in this canon to hold off collecting eight badges for a period of time, and meeting Ash would cause Alain to assume now is the time to get his final badge and enter the League.

Right now, speculations and more speculations, even if some don't make sense.

Again, I would like to point out that it is possible for anyone to be able to get eight badges in a short time, if they have the right equipment and/Pokémon. We've only seen two of Alain's Pokémon, so he might own another Pokémon that knows Fly, which allows him to visit any town in Kalos. Given him being an apprentice, he'd probably have visited a lot of towns, making Fly possible for him to return to them.

Besides, it can be more plausible in that nobody is wasting their lives following Alain to steal his Charizard or Mega Ring. And him helping someone out isn't likely if he is in a rush to get eight badges before the Kalos League in like a few weeks.

Anyone can get eight badges in just a few weeks, but that would depend. It would take at least two years for Ash, though, given Team Rocket and stopping to help people out. And for the third time mentioned, it may even be possible that Alain already has at most seven badges by the time he met Ash. It is possible in this canon to hold off collecting eight badges for a period of time, and meeting Ash would cause Alain to assume now is the time to get his final badge and enter the League.

Right now, speculations and more speculations, even if some don't make sense.
The Move FLY i dont think its a real word for the Pokemon anime
any pokemon can that has the wings or leviate can fly
and any pokemon that is powerful enough to bring human location can
Look at Leader Florges who rides on Yagnamma

Its Possible Lysrade gives a ride to Alain to travel or rides on Charizard

The Move FLY i dont think its a real word for the Pokemon anime
any pokemon can that has the wings or leviate can fly
and any pokemon that is powerful enough to bring human location can
Look at Leader Florges who rides on Yagnamma

Its Possible Lysrade gives a ride to Alain to travel or rides on Charizard

So HMs don't exist, typing doesn't matter, event Legends can be used in official tournaments, Level 100 Pokémon can lose to Level 5 starters easily etc.

The anime canon is far different from the rules of the games. Next thing we know is that Fairy-types introduced in Kalos, Alola and onwards can take damage from Dragon-types in a matter similar to Ground-types taking damage from Electric-types. Or maybe that they might even get typing mixed up (say, someone worse than Cameron mistakes Absol for a Normal-type). But we cannot let the non-existence of HMs stop us from speculating on how Alain was able to get eight badges in quick succession.

I am disappointed that Carbink wasn't caught. Would have been a great addtion to his team. Not surprised that Goodra didn't join the team since I don't consider it as an owned pokemon of Ash.

Korina was shown bit scared seeing HER Mega Lucario LOST

i think she didnt realize how powerful was this trainer was to began

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom