• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favourite water type

Sharpedo. First of all it's a dark type, and secondly it's a shark. Makes it an easy choice. If Garchomp was a water type however ... he'd be my favourite. Kingdra and Cloyster are my next two, respectively.

I must say, water types are by no means my favourite, or even close to being on my top type list. Since the very beginning I thought there were too many water types. And fire types got totally robbed in the fourth gen ... stop making water types, and make some better fire types already ^_^;

Not really. Hoenn only added the Torchic line, the Numel line and Torkoal. One more than we got in Gen 4 (if you don't count Arceus and his type-changing ability).

It just stinks that they don't make at least a few new ones. I mean when you think about it most fire types are just generic animals with a flame on them; therefore it's not hard to come up with ideas for fire types. This, in my mind, means there should be at least a few new fire type lines per generation.
I understand we all want things that we may not get, but come on. Only the first generation had a substantial amount of fire types.

Hard to choose, I loved almost all of the Gen 1+2 water types.

Notable mentions though are Squrtle (+evos), Totodile (+evos), Starmie and Slowking...

You have to admit is was kind of ridiculous concerning Fire Pokemon in Sinnoh.

If you didn't trade Pokemon, and you didn't start off with Chimchar, the only Fire Pokemon you could obtain was Ponyta, who doesn't evolve till Lvl. 40. And it doesn't even learn any decent Fire Moves until maybe Lvl. 38 Fire Blast. You could use TMs on Ponyta, but why would anyone waste them on Ponyta:p

My favourite water pocket monster is Poliwag and ecolutions of him (Except that toad thing for G/S)

I've always liked Vaporeon, though I've not used one lately.

If we can count water/othertype Pokemon, I'd go with Walrein then! (<3 Walruses on my list of favorite animals ever)

Totodile and Croconaw definitly. But Feraligtr? It's to fugly and bulky for my taste.

I also like:
Vaporeon
Kyogre
Piplup line is just <3
Mudkip line (yes, you will die if you recite that blasted meme)
Squirtle line (My second choice as Kanto starter next to Charmander)
Golduck (On my first team)
Dewgong (See above)
Starmie (It's beaten my Pikachu in Fire red to much for me not to have some respect for it)
Kingdra (It just rocks)

Off topic: Ooooh, I love that pokemon to Porygon-Z! I have a level 100 Porygon-Z in Pearl!

Last edited:
My favorite has to be vaporean, just so sleek and pretty. I need to get the plushie.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom