• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I was trying to catch lugia on crystal. It took me forever to find it. I finally get to it and I get it down to 1 HP and paralyzed. I use the 40 something ultra balls that I spent 1/2 my money on. I'm down to the last one...
*wobble*
*wobble*
*wobble*
...AW IT WAS SO CLOSE TOO!!!
RAGE.

I had Ho-oh down to 1 HP in SoulSilver, and had it paralized. But then it ran out of moves and used Struggle... killing itself in the progress.

And now there's a hole in my wall shapped like a DS :p

Gotta put that thing to sleep! Although, I had my Ho'oh at 1 HP and sleeping and ran out of balls. I threw a combination of 60+ Premier, Luxury, Repeat, Fast, and Love Balls at it to no avail.

Fortunately, I went back a second time and was able to catch it :3

So, I have this useless Spearow in my box. Lv.2, I use it as my Fly Whore. I managed to snag a Fearow at the Safari Zone, so I figure I'll ditch the old Spearow and replace it with new Fearow. Either way, it doesn't REALLY matter, since their only purpose is to Fly. That's IT.

I go to release Spearow, and the little sprite shrinks into nothingness... then comes back into my box slowly and the game says "SPEAROW came back! Was it worried about you?".

I HATE THIS SPEAROW. >:C

Is that even possible...? What version were you playing?

Not exactly a FFFFFUUUUUUU moment, but the other night I battled against the E4 and then had a rematch with Clair in SS. In one of those battles (can't for the life of me remember which), I was messing around with my Skarm, which knows Fly, Swagger, Flash, and Steel Wing. He's not trained or anything mind you, just a random Skarm I caught and decided to keep in my party as a Flywhore. Despite this he's actually a pretty important part of my team.

Anyways, so I Flashed x6 times to run down the foe's Accuracy to shit, then started Swaggering to pump up their attack and Confuse them. After doing that, Skarm Flies to avoid attacks that get through confusion. Except one time, the foe uses Scary Face when Skarm is in the air:

Game: "Ironblade's Speed harshly fell!"
Me: Oo How the hell...?

So yeah, like I said not a FFFFFUUUUUUU moment, more like a WTF moment. I never knew Scary Face was one of the moves that could hit on the first part of Fly >>.

In an attempt to level up my Honchkrow, I decided to battle Morty. Morty's Gengar being faster uses Substitute twice, while I keep spamming Dark Pulse. On the third turn, Morty's Gengar uses destiny bond.

I was like..."fuuuuuuuuu"

Losing in the Pokemon Stadium/2 battles, especially against the last trainer in the tournaments. And Round 2 is intense even when I used my Suicune with boosted stats by feeding it vitamins. Old games, I know, but as much as I like those games, they often give me more trouble than the handheld games.

My WONDER GUARD Spiritomb just died. To a Porygon 2

I don't know if this should be epic lulz or epic fail XD.

Anyways, I think I got my stuff confused for my last post. I was using my TRU Arceus, not Skarm, and something used Scary Face on it when it was using Shadow Force. Same principle really; shouldn't have been able to hit but it did.

Any contact with a shiny Pokemon induces many "FUUUUUU" moments for myself. I once had caught a shiny Weedle during the bug catching contest for Crystal. But lo and behold, my save battery dies a few days later.
Then I found a shiny Venonat, but because of my carelessness, I accidentally ran from it. *facepalm*

This happened yesterday.

Platinum.

Battle tower.

My last pokemon Vs. His last pokemon

Infernape vs. Swalot

Infernape used Fire blast. 3 times, and failed.

I lost in the 20th battle.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I've been chaining Budews for... I don't even know how long anymore, a LONG TIME, trying to find a shiny one. Usually my chain breaks around 18 and I give up because I have no attention span.

This time, my chain was up to 37, and I was starting to reset for shiny patches of grass. I was talking to a friend... okay, a kind of distractingly cute male friend... and the game told me my Super Repel had worn off. So I went to my bag to use another, and started talking to my friend again. When I looked back at my game, I thought I had used Super Repel, closed the bag, and started walking around to charge up the Pokeradar again. Well... I didn't. And a wild Buneary appeared.

I still hate myself because ALL I HAD TO DO WAS KEEP RESETTING AND I WOULD HAVE FOUND ONE EVENTUALLY. D: No more chaining with cute guys around. xD

This happened yesterday.

Platinum.

Battle tower.

My last pokemon Vs. His last pokemon

Infernape vs. Swalot

Infernape used Fire blast. 3 times, and failed.

I lost in the 20th battle.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

The chance of Fire Blast missing 3 times in a row is very low. It happens to be less than 1%, you were really unlucky.

This... is extremely mild, but it really is annoying when you accidentally use the wrong move.

This... is extremely mild, but it really is annoying when you accidentally use the wrong move.

I've had that happen to me in the worst scenarios, such as facing Noland in the battle factory. Why did I use psychic on a dugtio instead of surf? WHY?

I was battling Misty in SS today and I have never seen a Pokemon (Starmie) get so many critical hits on me. I was so happy when I finally defeated it.

I was in the Battle Castle on Platinum, and I had finally worked up a long streak and made it to the battle against Caitlin and Darach. And then his damn Houndoom murdered my last Pokemon. I'm now trying to get back to that point on SoulSilver.

When a Pokemon, mainly in the Elite 4 attacks my Pokemon and it would die in 2 hits, I would use a type of Potion after the foe's first attack. I would do this over MANY times just so that the foe loses PP but they would at one point critical attack me and kill me in one hit so all those Potions become a waste. :(

Last night on platinum. Battle tower. 41st battle. Last pokemon for me & my opponet. Infernape vs. typhlosion. Used stone edge five times. IT MISSED EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Rage.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom