• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuma sounds like his nose is clogged in the dub. XDD

Speaking of Yuma's hair, how did he get it to look like that. His hair reminds me of Shadow the hedgehog. XD

It does. XD Speaking of hair, I'm confused by Kaito's hair. Like, is the green part actually apart of his hair?

No, he just stuck it there for more color. :lol: I think it is. And man, does it look good. You know I have a fetish for men with green hair. :awww:

You know I have a fetish for men with green hair. :awww:
That apparently didn't work for Cilan in Pokemon with you...

But on the topic of hair in Zexal, I still don't think that Takashi's hair is two-colored. Nobody can convince me.

CILAN BRINGS SHAME UPON MEN WITH GREEN HAIR.

Takashi's hair has to only be blue. Just looks darker at the bottom because of the shade.

I didn't know that there actually was a thread for this series. I should check this section out more often.

Anyway, I'm a big Yu-Gi-Oh! fan and I've been following Zexal from the start. I honestly have to say that this is by far my least favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! series. Yuma is easily the worst of the protagonists in my opinion. The idea of having a main character not being so good at the game for change sounded good on paper, but his personality makes him so annoying and borderline unlikable at times. It doesn't help that despite all of the defeats he had, only a couple of them really affected him, which isn't that different from the other protagonists anyway. Plus, having a huge number of defeats makes it hard to take him seriously, although being completely stupid doesn't help Yuma's case either. It really doesn't help that he takes up more screentime than Judai from GX did. The plot with the Number cards being pieces to Astral's memories is good, but the pacing for most of the series at this point has been pretty poor, especially at the beginning of the series. Yuma's friends are extremely bland and I think that most of them could to taken out of the series without losing anything of significant value. Even when the tournament started, it was pretty bad with Yuma dueling basically one-shot characters for heart pieces until he dueled against Kaito.

While the more recent events with the finals have been more interesting, I still hesitate to say that the show has gotten better, if only because the main flaws of the series are basically still there for me. There are some aspects/characters that I do like. Shark is easily my favorite character in the series. He has development that actually sticks, unlike with Yuma, actually feels like an individual character rather an a character who completely revolves around Yuma, has a pretty interesting backstory that connects him to the main villain and just seems like a pretty likable character. Shark vs. IV was completely awesome by the way for showing off how cool Shark really can be. Most of the villains they've introduced in the WDC arc have been pretty good to me. III is easily one of the more complex characters in this series. Not that there's much competition for that, but I still give him credit for that and he's also the most likable out of the three brothers. IV is also pretty cool and did get a bit more depth during his duel with Shark. While I think that Tron has far too many holes in his plans for a person with that much power at his command, he is at least an entertaining villain, which is so much more than I can say about Dr. Faker, who I would have forgotten about completely had he not appear in the openings/endings as he did. I don't really care much for V as he came off too bland for my tastes, especially compared to III and IV, and the fact that he just spouted out information with no reason behind it didn't really help. I used to like Kaito, but I think his attitude and being so overpowered wore off his welcome for me. To be fair, he's still better than Yuma, but that's not saying much.

In terms of other Yu-Gi-Oh! series, my favorite is 5D's. It had a lot of interesting characters, really engaging storylines, at least for the first two arcs, great duels and even when the quality dipped a bit during the latter arcs, it was still pretty enjoyable for the most part. I haven't seen the last arc yet, even though I know how the ending goes, but I still hold it as my favorite series thus far. Plus, Jack Altas' development and overall awesomeness made him my all-time favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! character. DM was great. It had a good cast of characters with pretty solid development, great duels and even some of the filler arcs were pretty engaging. GX had a ton of flaws from start to finish, but even with that, I can have fun watching it thanks to the cast of likable characters and pretty decent duels. Personally, I think that if Yuma was a more likable lead and the main cast were more interesting, I'd probably like the show more. Right now, most of the villains, at least Tron and the brothers, and Shark have more depth than the majority of the main cast combined, and I think that's a problem. I still plan on watching the series as there are aspects/characters that I do like and I rarely stop watching a series before it actually ends, but I don't really like Zexal. I do hope that it continues to be more interesting and actually improve with its flaws, but I doubt that the series will turn out better than GX did for me at this point.

I have a question for you, Hidden Mew, do you watch the dub or the sub?

I have a question for you, Hidden Mew, do you watch the dub or the sub?

I watch both. Although it's mostly out of habit with the dub, as well as curiosity, since I've been following the dub versions of the different Yu-Gi-Oh! series before looking into the original versions. Zexal is the first one I've watched in the original version from the start. I really wish I started with 5D's instead, but oh well.

Just watched the first 14 episodes! This is shaping up to be my favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! series ^_^!

Just watched the first 14 episodes! This is shaping up to be my favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! series ^_^!

*high-fives*

You haven't even seen III-sama~! <3

III looks like she has an interesting, HOT and cool character design. I can't wait till she shows up! I've read that she's one of the most complex characters on the show.

XDDD

III is a boy. :p But, yes, he's a very deep character. ^^ *has watched almost no episodes without III*

XDDD

III is a boy. :p But, yes, he's a very deep character. ^^ *has watched almost no episodes without III*

III is a boy. :p

III is a boy. :p

fanart-cosplay-fandom-base-your-death-will-be-slow-and-painful.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom