Poké War Games Costume Event returns to Pokémon Masters EX alongside Costume Scouts, Legendary Arena update
Poké War Games Event re-run
This event, focusing on Diantha, Hilda, Guzma, and Jasmine, is making a return to the game until October 2nd, at 10:59pm (PT). The event's story features a large number of trainers split into two teams based around culturally themed costumes, and racing each other to recover five large golden spheres. This event originally ran from October 29th to December 10th, 2021, though the format of this Event has been changed for this re-run.
The event is broken down into two sub-events in the game's event menu. They are the Costume Event: Poké War Games, the event's main storyline, and the Costume Event: Battle Prep, which showcases individual sub-stories for each of the featured sync pairs beginning several days before the events described in the main storyline. Episodes can be unlocked by completing area info in the Poké War Games, and event missions in Battle Prep. Unlike the original run of the event, players will not need to use Story Keys to obtain and unlock sub-stories.
For the Costume Event: Battle Prep meanwhile, players will receive Event Voucher X items, which can be exchanged for a multitude of in-game rewards including a 5★ Strike Candy Coin, 5★-Guaranteed Scout Tickets, Sync Orbs, and Skip Tickets.
Additionally, for the Costume Event: Battle Prep, players will receive bonus rewards if they take on event battles using teams that feature specific sync pairs. The more of these sync pairs that players place in their lineup, the greater the bonus received. The applicable Sync Pairs and reward rates are as follows:
- Diantha & Keldeo, Hilda & Diancie, Guzma & Buzzwole, and Jasmine & Celesteela: +60% (x1.6) Bonus Rewards
- Grimsley & Bisharp, Fantina & Mismagius, Glacia & Glalie, Falkner & Swellow: +40% (x1.4) Bonus Rewards
- Lt. Surge & Voltorb/Electrode, Koga & Crobat, Janine & Ariados, Erika & Vileplume: +20% (x1.2) bonus rewards
- All other sync pairs with the Johto theme skill: +20% (x1.2) bonus rewards
- All other sync pairs with the Unova theme skill: +20% (x1.2) bonus rewards
- All other sync pairs with the Kalos theme skill: +20% (x1.2) bonus rewards
- All other sync pairs with the Alola theme skill: +20% (x1.2) bonus rewards
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- The number of plays available for Daily Extreme Battle 1 are reset every day at 11:00pm (PT).
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- Duplicate Golden Sphere items acquired during this event will be converted to 3★ Power-Up items.
- Leftover Event Voucher X items will be automatically converted to coins at a rate of 10 coins per item at the end of the event, and sent to players' Present Boxes.
The Super Spotlight Costume Scout, Costume Tiered Scout, and Costume Featured Ticket Scout offer players an opportunity to scout the featured sync pairs from the Poké War Games event.
- Diantha & Keldeo
- Hilda & Diancie
- Guzma & Buzzwole
- Jasmine & Celesteela
The Super Spotlight Costume Scout includes a daily discount, where players can perform a single scout for x100 paid gems. This daily discount can be used up to 3 times per day during the entire length of the scout.
The Costume Tiered Scout has five tiers, each of which is a Sync Pair Scout ×11. Players are able to scout once on each tier by using Paid Gems, with the amount of gems increasing with each tier. Additionally, Tiers 2 through 5 grant the player additional in-game rewards.
- Tier 1: 1,000 Paid Gems
- Tier 2: 1,500 Paid Gems - 5★ Power-Ups ×3
- Tier 3: 2,000 Paid Gems - 5★ Great Scout Ticket Z, which can be used in the Costume Featured Ticket Scout.
- Tier 4: 2,500 Paid Gems - 5★ Power-Ups ×7
- Tier 5: 3,000 Paid Gems - Player's choice of 5★ Sync Pairs from those included in the scout
As announced in the recent developer update at the end of August, the Legendary Arena will now be permanently open, allowing players to challenge these battles whenever they want.
Legendary Arena Event Missions, offering Gems to trainers for completing these battles under specific conditions, will be made available on a regular schedule. The first of these missions focus on Legendary Arena Tornadus, offering a total of 1,000 Gems to players who can beat Tornadus's Challenge: Part 3 with 9 sync pairs or fewer, and 3 or more Sync Pairs sharing the Kanto, Electric, and Gym Leader themes. These missions will remain available until September 21st, at 10:59pm (PT).
To challenge the Legendary Arena, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 2: Defeat Team Break! (Normal) in single-player.
The Battle Villa, a recurring event that allows players to use up to 9 sync pairs to progress through its stages, will be open for the next two weeks until September 21st at 10:59 pm (PT). Performing well in this challenge will allow players to obtain up to 2000 gems, as well as items to upgrade their sync pairs including cookies and lucky scrolls. To enter the Battle Villa, players must progress past Chapter 7: Where There's a Will, There's a Way (Normal) in single player mode.
Players who complete every hall in the Battle Villa will be able to skip certain halls the next time the Battle Villa opens. Halls that are skipped will still award first-time rewards, however any coin completion rewards, XP, and bonus awards will not be granted. Skipped halls also do not count towards any associations missions.