• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

Spent the last 3 hours searching for shining leaves. Found: none.

Veggie feels sad.

Hunting for Slugma on Route 16, to no luck.

I just defeated Jasmine a little while ago, my Quilava had no problem taking out her Pokemon. I really wish they would have at least gave her a Magneton for her Gym Battle. At least they gave her a Magnezone for the rematch though, so I guess it sort of makes up for it.

I also did a couple of sidequests including going through Dark Cave (with no flash, the good old days!) which was sort of fun. I also got as far as I could at Mt. Mortar and collected most of the obtainable items.

Caught the Red Gyrados at the Lake of Rage and I am currently headed back to Mahogany Town to go meet up with Lance.

Got my SoulSilver.

Chose Totodile. Beat the Sprout Tower (lol Elder Li) and Falkner (stop Spamming Roost), caught a Mareep, Togepi hatched, chucked it on Pokéwalker. Now in Union Cave.

Team:
Croconaw lv.19
Flaafy lv.15

I just defeated Jasmine a little while ago, my Quilava had no problem taking out her Pokemon. I really wish they would have at least gave her a Magneton for her Gym Battle. At least they gave her a Magnezone for the rematch though, so I guess it sort of makes up for it.

I also did a couple of sidequests including going through Dark Cave (with no flash, the good old days!) which was sort of fun. I also got as far as I could at Mt. Mortar and collected most of the obtainable items.

Caught the Red Gyrados at the Lake of Rage and I am currently headed back to Mahogany Town to go meet up with Lance.

Well, I have some advice for heading through the Team Rocket hideout.

1. Normally, you want to fight trainers, but because there's a good chance of getting poisoned there, you need to take the path of least resistance on the first floor. There is a (long) winding path that branches off from the main one after the first Persian statue. Follow that path and you will reach a scientist. Battle him and then check the nearby computer. That will deactivate the security cameras. There is a quicker way to get there, but it wouldn't be worth it since you would be closer to the stairway than the computer.

2. When you battle alongside Lance in the only in game multi-battle, let him do all the work. His levels are enough to take on both trainers at once without having two pokemon. You can help out, but I doubt you would get more than three or four hits in at most, and you would be wasting PP.

3. Good luck.

Just beat Falkner and heading down to the cave

Approx levels, Quilava 16, Zubat 13, Poliwag 11. I'll get a Mareep egg from Primo when the codes are revealed later today :)

Currently in Blackthorn gearing up to challenge Clair. I'm scared. I really am. I have no Ice-types, Feraligatr no longer has Ice Fang due to inadvertently having to turn him into the HM Monster (Cut/Waterfall/Surf/Whirlpool), and the only recent Ice Pokeémon I caught would be way underleveled, anyway. Not to mention that no mmber of my team is stronger than Lv. 35 currently (the aforementioned HM Monster).

On the plus side, I finished 2nd in the Bug Contest, and my dear little Umbreon-in-training is rocking away in the Walker with an Everstone attached to it.

Also, I have now caught 60 Pokés, and all Oak can say is that my Pokédex is "coming together". Ungrateful bastard. :p

Edit: Forgot this from yesterday...Red Gyarados, caught! Now if I can just coordinate with a friend of mine to get Haunter and Machoke traded/evolved and get a Fire stone for my Vulpix...

Defeated Proton in the Well, and Bugsy, and my rival. Traded over Pikachu-Coloured-Pichu and got my Spiky-Eared, then got headbutt, went back to Azalea and caught a Heracross - Pokéwalker'd it. Reached Goldenrod. Training now. Team:

- Croconaw lv.21
- Flaafy lv.23
- Togepi lv.6
- Heracross lv.3

Let's see...

-Got some numbers, rebattled Bugsy.
-Trained up to Level 62 for all my guys, and I decided to see how I would do against Red. Choice Scarf Heracross made this too easy, even without EV training.
- Caught Mewtwo, Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos. Suprisingly, Zappy is Timid nature. Not sure about the IVs, but I've got a moveset and EV spread in mind for you...
-Beat E4 2nd Wave

Now all I need is a wireless modem so I can get on GTS and screw around.

Hmm, currently I just arrived on Cinnabar Island.
Also, I'm just training my Ampharos and Pidgeot.

Thanks.

Been messing around the kanto gym leaders. I'm challenging them via Pewter to Viridian. The catch: using one pokemon & one unique move...Metronome. Oh, the unpredictable moves it use is too much fun.

roster:

Lv 100 Mewtwo
Lv 88 Cyndaquil
Lv 71 Squirtle
Lv 23 Crobat
Lv 100 Steelix

Quick note to add:

Catch of the day is The Extremespeed Dratini, y'all!

I defeated Falkner with ease, since his Pidgeotto didn't use Roost. Then, caught Gastly and Hoothoot, who will be part of my final rooster. Currently training them, since both are at lvl 9 and Totodile is at lvl 16.

ohhh, this thread is gonna go balastic (hope that was spelled right) once all the europeans and austrailans join in. As for me, caught me a Timid Lugia in 4 turns. In those 4 turns, not one was used to damage it in any way. pwned =P

EDIT: hopefully u won't get too pissed off Veggietable, but I found my first Shiny Leaf for my Lucario in less than 5 minutes. On to the next one!
2nd EDIT: Nvm, gloating is bad karma. Put my DS on sleep mode for dinner, come back, opens DS, game froze for the first time evar (all i see is black screen, no sound). curse u karma, and ur ways of being unexpected!
Too many Edits: Found the leaf back again, in less than 5 minutes again

Last edited:

Currently training my team before i go through the E4. All must be atleast lvl 45 before i go.
Gyarados is currently 44, but i have my extreme speed dratini with exp share so its taking a bit, good thing is that its now lvl 23 so it shouldnt take long to get a dragonair then i will train it directly.
-Lugia lvl 46
-Typhlosion lvl 43
-Ampharos lvl 47 (with a shiny leaf)=D

Currently training my team before i go through the E4. All must be atleast lvl 45 before i go.
Gyarados is currently 44, but i have my extreme speed dratini with exp share so its taking a bit, good thing is that its now lvl 23 so it shouldnt take long to get a dragonair then i will train it directly.
-Lugia lvl 46
-Typhlosion lvl 43
-Ampharos lvl 47 (with a shiny leaf)=D

I defeated Falkner with ease, since his Pidgeotto didn't use Roost.
WHAT THE DEUCE.
Did you OHKO it or what? That sonuvabitch would Roost everytime I got its health even near the yellow. ;_;

==
Current Team:
Feraligatr/Nitori ★ Lv. 32 (?)
Vulpix/Topaz ★ Lv. 33
Espeon/Marisol ★ Lv. 34
Swablu (shiny) ★ Lv. 25 (traded!)
Furret/Cherry (shiny) ★ Lv. 25 [HM Slave]

Olivine - 2HKO'd Jasmine's Lv. 35 Steelix with Topaz's Fire Blast. Magnemites were a cakewalk.

Cianwood - Marisol killed Primeape but died quickly to goddamn Poliwrath and his hAxX0rZ Focus Punch. Nitori finished the job albeit barely. I didn't know she evolved at level 30, so I was lucky to grind a bit and learn Agility just in time. That saved me.

Just defeated TR at Mahogany and am about to challenge Pryce. This one will probably take the combined efforts of Topaz and Marisol as I assume those damn part Water-types are still dicking around in there.
==

I'm waiting until nighttime to go and catch an Oddish or Gloom at the Safari Zone. I was lucky to win a Sun Stone at the bug catching contest on Tuesday. I also got a Fire Stone along with that traded Swablu, so Ninetales and Bellossom here I come!

hmm i just cought a ursaring(sp?) lvl 33
i think i might make it the 6th member of my team not sure though...

Back
Top Bottom