• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

ohhh, this thread is gonna go balastic (hope that was spelled right) once all the europeans and austrailans join in. As for me, caught me a Timid Lugia in 4 turns. In those 4 turns, not one was used to damage it in any way. pwned =P

EDIT: hopefully u won't get too pissed off Veggietable, but I found my first Shiny Leaf for my Lucario in less than 5 minutes. On to the next one!

I also found the first one right after I caught my Pokémon (that's why I chose that one to be the one whose leaves I'd search for), but thatw as a week ago. In my post I was refering about the second leaf now that I officially started hunting for them. I dare you to find the second one as easy as the first.

I quit that for a while. So now I'm searching for the legendaries. Already got the birds, now I'm after the roaming ones. Met them all, fought them all, got their HP to red. Now it's just a matter of luck, since I don't have any Pokémon with Mean Look.

BTW, do you need to beat Red to have acce sto Cerulean Cave or beating the Gym Leaders is enough?

I also found the first one right after I caught my Pokémon (that's why I chose that one to be the one whose leaves I'd search for), but thatw as a week ago. In my post I was refering about the second leaf now that I officially started hunting for them. I dare you to find the second one as easy as the first.

I quit that for a while. So now I'm searching for the legendaries. Already got the birds, now I'm after the roaming ones. Met them all, fought them all, got their HP to red. Now it's just a matter of luck, since I don't have any Pokémon with Mean Look.

BTW, do you need to beat Red to have acce sto Cerulean Cave or beating the Gym Leaders is enough?

Make Red's butt turn into his name, and then we'll see if that guy still blocks ur way from Mewtwo

EDIT: Thanks for the challenge, found the second leaf again in less than 5 minutes. next leaf, here i come!
EDIT: third one now, and it took less than 1 minute, went straight in, talked, shiny leaf. i'm on a roll

Last edited:

4th leaf found. This one took the longest so far. Ten minutes!
EDIT: Last leaf found, 30 seconds to find from right after the fourth leaf was found. Trainer star get!

^Now I'm really, really saddened. But congrats for your star :)

On 5 of the 6 Routes I checked for leaves on with my now-crowned Typhlosion, I found a leaf within 2 or 3 minutes, so YMMV I guess. The one other Route I tried for about 15 minutes with no luck...maybe the leaves are predetermined to be on only 5 of the 7 possible Routes, and you were looking on the wrong one(s)?

I haven't gone there yet, but I'm pretty sure it's just the badges. I think the only things that require beating Red are the Kanto starters (probably the Hoenn ones as well) and the Red/Blue Orb.

thanks Veggie. If u want, here's what i did. START: Went to route 1 first cause that was on the list, found leaf within that magic number of minutes. Next, talked to Lyra in NBT to tell them i'm collecting the leafs. Next, went to route 3, after the magic number of minutes, 2nd leaf found. Talked to Lyra again. 3rd leaf, route 5, 2nd easiest one to get. talk to lyra. 4th leaf, route 12, (no grass to find wtf...), route 18, no luck, route 31, bingo! 10 minutes for that one. didn't talk to lyra cause i got impatient for the last leaf. went straight to route 34, walk in, talk, hello leaf! talk to lyra for crown, certificate, and star

I'm Currently doing this weird block system in the Safari Zone to catch what I can't normally catch. Once I'm done, I'll just set up the Safari Zone to have the Pokemon I like best.

You don't need to beat Red. Just need 16 badges. I've already caught Mewtwo, and I haven't even headed towards Mt. Silver yet.

I cleared the Mahogany Team Rocket Hideout last night, it was pretty interesting to go through. Also defeated Pryce's Gym, I just have to say that his Seel and Dewgong were quite the pain to defeat. The combination of Rest and Snore on Seel was a very good moveset. On Dewgong having Rest and Sleep Talk became quite the pain especially when it happened to use Aurora Beam in the process. Pryce was probably one of my longest Gym Battles due to him using Water-type Pokemon (that and he used sleep along with a Hyper Potion every other move).

After defeating Pryce and him almost taking out Quilava, here is my team.
Quilava, level 45
Nidoking, level 47
Heracross, level 45
Lapras, level 42
Xatu, level 48
Pinsir, level 14 [Current HM Pokemon]

Next is off to the Goldenrod Radio Tower I believe, I may make a stop in the Whirl Islands first though.

ugh just got to lvl my typhlosion 2 more times and i get to where i want to be before i go and try to sweep the E4 and lance to finally reach kanto.

I have gold. Currently with 5 badges. Farther then I ever got In the original Gold Version. I have...
Poliwhirl Level 25
Ampharos Level 30
Quilava Level 26
Sudowoodo Level 27
Pidgeotto Level 26 And im breeding my eevee for a female with high special attack. So i can get my Espeon :D

Well, I have some advice for heading through the Team Rocket hideout.

1. Normally, you want to fight trainers, but because there's a good chance of getting poisoned there, you need to take the path of least resistance on the first floor. There is a (long) winding path that branches off from the main one after the first Persian statue. Follow that path and you will reach a scientist. Battle him and then check the nearby computer. That will deactivate the security cameras. There is a quicker way to get there, but it wouldn't be worth it since you would be closer to the stairway than the computer.
Thanks! I ended up going in front of all the Persian statues though. It was very good experience, so it was well needed. The double battle with Lance was interesting, you were correct that his Dragonite pretty much takes care of Athena and the Grunt's Pokemon which was nice for a change.

I haven't played my game since I defeated Pryce earlier. I plan on making it to the Johto Radio Tower soon.

I'm grounded now (don't ask) but I made it into Blackthorn and will be stuck standing in front of the gym... until june.

On the plus side, I now have the might of Arceus, Darkrai, and Deoxys to assist me.

Man oh man. Love the dialogue with the Kimono Girls. I mean, sure, they were essentially stalking me the entire way through Johto, and that just makes a sloppy plot point of essentially 2 pretentious groups judging my worth [The Dragon Tamers and the Kimono girls] but man, I really enjoyed it. The non-stop battles were pretty intense too [fucking Double Team Jolteon, the plus side was since they didn't use items, just had to get ONE poisonpowder in to seal its fate].

And so yeah, the Ecruteak Dance Theater story line makes infinitely more sense with Ho-oh, in Heart Gold. Does the Dragon Elder always talk about Lugia, the one in Whirl Islands? Or in Soul Silver does he talk about Ho-oh? I only know the context of the Soul Silver text upon the defeat of the Kimono Girls and summoning Lugia by watching my brother play at that point.

My team right now is:

Orion [Meganium] Level 35
Anakaris [Ariados] Level 35
Jupiter [Ampharos] Level 35
Mercury [Slowking] Level 35
Kamui [Ursaring] Level 34

Have an empty slot as I am on my way up to catch Ho-oh. Pssyyched. Gonna name it Heart [which sounds totally lame, until you realise Soul is such a badass name for a Lugia] and hopefully a Lonely nature [haha, Lonely Heart].

EDIT: Ho-ohs music is so awesome. FFFFFF

Last edited:

w00t! finally defeated "Red", i had to send the cavalry from Pearl though!
the team that done it:
Spiritomb lv100
Wazaal (Floatzel) lv82
Fly Away (Staraptor) lv77
Firo (Rapidash) lv88
PawnChop (Garchomp) lv100
BLUEMeteor (Metagross) lv76

yay! now i can continue with SoulSilver

Last edited:

Got owned by clair and now going to train a few days and i should be in kanto by next week.

Gained a small amount of success (finally) on Voltorb Flip, which is more than I could ever say for its Game Corner predecessors. Also, thanks to Shockwave's (Ampharos) Flash and Sideways' (Haunter) Hypnosis, I managed to somehow fight my way through the Kimono Girls.

Next stop before the Elite Four: Ho-oh and Lugia!

EDIT: Unrelated side-note - whoever came up with the concept of roaming legendaries needs to be shot.

Currently made it up to the second part of the Johto Radio Tower, I just need to make my way through all of the Team Rocket Executives now.

I love the Team Rocket uniform. I also like how you get different responses from the Rocket Grunts and are actually treated well by them once they see you in uniform. The rival seems a tad bit over-obsessed with Lance. So far, I cleared the first half of the Johto Radio Tower along with Petrel. The Rival battle wasn't too tough, I was actually surprised that his levels were a bit lower then they should have been.

In addition, I also finished Baoba's second request for a Sandshrew. Now just to wait until I have received the National Dex to get the third request I believe.

Hoping at least to make it to Blackthorn City by the end of today and defeat Claire which should be an interesting battle. I will post my team once I defeat her.

Finally found my second Shiny Leaf..

Meanwhile, I'm palparking Pokémon from my Ruby, Emerald and LeafGreen versions. I almost

Done with mostly everything, just doing the mindless stuff now.

- Getting Gym Leader numbers and re-battling them
- Training/Raising Pokemon for the battle frontier
- Need to finish Shiny Leaves
- Too much Voltorb Flip
- Bug-Catching Contest when I feel like it
- Those damn radio contests
- Catching Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon when I remember to, or failing that....
- Pal Park older Pokemon, or trade from other carts
- Collecting all the misc. items I missed
- Really need to get a new wireless router

Back
Top Bottom