• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

About Cyrus

Do you know how many relatives I would sell to see Giovanni smackdown Cyrus? I've been wanting a hardcore Team Battle since Aqua/Magma.

I want it.

I want it bad.

Eversti said:
Oh, I see. Well, it really depends on the situation to determine how everyone would react to him. Cyrus seems to like talking for five+ minutes at a time about completely off-the-wall conjectures, but I'd imagine he's start talking about one of the legends of Sinnoh in a way that wigs everyone out.

Okay. It wouldn't be like Archie/Maxie. And they'd automatically call him cruel, because through Paul they get upset by what he does with his Pokemon and attitude, not by the battles he does with Gym leaders, etc.

Magma Krystal said:
I really hope they don't play the cards for Cyrus like they did archie and maxie. That was just.....bad. The "exciting" battle turned out to be lalala bad animations, then everyone decides to go home.

I hated the way it ended. We heard nothing more from both bosses. It's like they ceased to exist.

IMJessieTR said:
I've been wanting a hardcore Team Battle since Aqua/Magma.

I liked the Rocket battles at the Lake of Rage. And a couple before that, near the Whirl Islands, I believe. Those were good.

In all fairness, Archie and Maxie pretty much ceased to exist after the final battle in the games too.

Ah, forgot the Red Chain. Wonder why it's called Red though...it could've been a color relating to the legendaries.
It's most likely the same reason why the Destiny Knot item is a red ball of yarn and does what it does (if the holder becomes infatuated, so does the opponent). It's a link, a soul link. It's said that you're tied to the one you care for most, or are destined to come into contact with, by a red thread. It's fate to be connected with the person on the other end.

The Red Chain seems more of an enslaved destiny, in the same regard.

Man I can't wait to see this guy make an appearnce in the anime, I'm probaly in the minor here but I am hoping Paul is related to the guy some how. Remember Silver from Yellow? Some people say Silver and Paul seem so simular to each other and think Paul could just be a knock off of Silver. Silver was never introudced into the anime, and he was apart of Team Rocket if I recall correctly, wasn't he Giovanni's son? If that's the case Paul could be Cyrus son, could you imagine what a reaction that would cause for Ash? I feel it would be a great twist there and could cause some great events.

I'm probaly in the minor here but I am hoping Paul is related to the guy some how.

You're not alone, :p

Ashfangirl17 said:
Remember Silver from Yellow? Some people say Silver and Paul seem so simular to each other and think Paul could just be a knock off of Silver. Silver was never introudced into the anime, and he was apart of Team Rocket if I recall correctly, wasn't he Giovanni's son?

You mean G/S/C, don't you? Silver was never in Yellow. Paul definitely has a very game Silver-esque personality, and I imagine that he's definitely based on the character.

There have actually been three Silver's in the anime; the first one IIRC was a baby Lugia. The second was based off Silver from the G/S/C games, but he was seen for only a few seconds and that was only in the raw version of Legend of Thunder! (we dont even know if his name is Silver in the English dub had he been included; after all, the characters based on Gold and Crystal had their names changed to Jimmy and Marina); the third Silver appeared in the HoSo featuring Moltres and Ritchie.

In the games, it was never explicitly stated that Silver was Giovanni's son. He hated Team Rocket and tried to bring them down, and in FR/LG a scientist mentioned that Giovanni's son had red hair, but it was never explicitly stated to be Silver (although that is the popular fan perception I believe). It's worth noting though that in the manga, Silver IS Giovanni's son (revealed during the FR/LG arc).

Ashfangirl17 said:
If that's the case Paul could be Cyrus son, could you imagine what a reaction that would cause for Ash? I feel it would be a great twist there and could cause some great events.

Agreed.

The second was based off Silver from the G/S/C games, but he was seen for only a few seconds and that was only in the raw version of Legend of Thunder! (we dont even know if his name is Silver in the English dub had he been included; after all, the characters based on Gold and Crystal had their names changed to Jimmy and Marina)
Kamon didn't even have a name in the Japanese version IIRC; what makes you think he would have one in the dub if he was kept in a shot that's a still-screen? And Marina's her anime!Japanese name, so wouldn't it be fairer to say they had their names changed to 'Jimmy/Kenta and Marina', since 4Kids isn't quite responsible for 'Marina'?

Kamon didn't even have a name in the Japanese version IIRC; what makes you think he would have one in the dub if he was kept in a shot that's a still-screen? And Marina's her anime!Japanese name, so wouldn't it be fairer to say they had their names changed to 'Jimmy/Kenta and Marina', since 4Kids isn't quite responsible for 'Marina'?

I wasn't aware of that Luna Tiger. Thanks for pointing it out.

We got more of a reasoning there, didn't we? Didn't they say they were going to try to set things right? Not to mention they forgave each other...

Well in the anime, I'd liked to see something happen in the end.

I'm on the fence if Paul is related to Cyrus, but what I'm downright positive about is that Paul is the Silver we never saw in Johto.

Paul's relation to Cyrus would be interesting, BUT it would be like Star Wars all over again:

Darth Vader: guy who wants to rule the universe

Cyrus: also a guy who wants to rule the universe

Darth Vader: gets rid of "love" and "happiness" in his heart

Cyrus: gets rid of all emotion in his heart

Now, our guy Paul (aka Luke Skywalker), meets Cyrus.

Cyrus: "I am your father!"

Paul: "NUUUU!!!"

It would be a basic repeat of that, but, it would be a really cool twist on things. we'll see.

It doesn't have to be like Star Wars, maybe Paul could know he has been related to Cyrus all along and just not have said any thing about it. Maybe it could be like this;

Ash-Why didn't you tell me you were Cyrus son Paul?

Paul-Why should I have to explaine myself to a looser like you. Now I'm off to go destroy the world, I'll make sure to destroy you and your looser friends first though. {Laughs evily and jumps on a helacopter}

Ash-I won't let you detroy the world! {Runs along side the helacopter}

It doesn't have to be like Star Wars, maybe Paul could know he has been related to Cyrus all along and just not have said any thing about it. Maybe it could be like this;

Ash-Why didn't you tell me you were Cyrus son Paul?

Paul-Why should I have to explaine myself to a looser like you. Now I'm off to go destroy the world, I'll make sure to destroy you and your looser friends first though. {Laughs evily and jumps on a helacopter}

Ash-I won't let you detroy the world! {Runs along side the helacopter}

I hope it ends up like that, and Ash can't stop him...

Maybe Cyrus and Hunter J should pair up. Is there a name for that ship?

Has Hunter J captured any of Paul's Pokemon?

Are there any similarities between Hunter J and Cyrus?

If my glance over at any Shipping board has taught me anything, there doesn't need to be much logic for Character A and Character B to hook up, and there probably is already a name for that Ship, as the Shippers, in my experiece, make everyone a pairing with great disregard to logic or the characters themselves. :\

I don't think J has captured any of Paul's Pokemon. Then again we've only seen her twice...as for similarities, I can't think of any off the bat except that they're both (eventual) threats to...everyone.

...I also kind of doubt Shinji would agree to help bring about the destruction of the world.

Does Paul hate life the way Cyrus does? I think Cyrus just hates the reality he's living in.

I just wonder what he would really accomplish by doing that. It just doesn't sound like it'll be free of errors and mishaps. It'll probably go down as the worst idea conceived ever.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom