• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG150: Breeding House Practitioner and the Pokémon Egg!

*nod* All right, I suppose that makes more sense.

Although I'm still cranky since once again, Brock was barely even there... and once again, May is getting a new Pokémon, while Brock has a grand total of two on his team...

Zeta said:
I'm beginnig to suspect calling Brock a Pokemon breeder is due to a mistranslation. Really, over the years, he's acted more like a Pokemon Groomer and Nutritionalist than anything.
The exact word used for him is buriidaa, which is a Japanesification of the English word "breeder". The first definition of said word, as found in my katakana dictionary, is "someone who breeds and raises animals" (emphasis mine).

There was one thing that bugged me in this episode. They said that Haruka and Masato had never seen Pokemon eggs before, which is patently untrue. 125 episodes back, in the episode where Takeshi got Mizugorou, they saw a batch of eggs.

Yes, but weren't they all Mudkip eggs? Maybe the intended meaning was that they'd never seen most eggs before.

Maybe, though the phrasing is fairly clear.

I'm also somewhat surprised that no one's yet mentioned the other newly learned attack of the episode.

Focus Punch, Volt Tackle. There's a third? Is it by the main character's Pokémon, or...?

Just those two. If you can point out where anyone mentioned Focus Punch before your post, I'll eat my words.

Was the implication that Munchlax learned Focus Punch, or simply that that was the first time it had used it? Although May's had it long enough, so if it had the move before she'd probably have known.

This is the first time anyone has known that it was able to use it. When exactly it gained the ability is unknown.

Murgatroyd said:
This is the first time anyone has known that it was able to use it. When exactly it gained the ability is unknown.
*nods* Yeah, that's what I meant.

That certainly is ridiculous. They could at least bring Sunny Day into the battle.

This is not the first time this happened, I remember there were Solarbeams fired at night in early episodes, I think the Johto one with Cleffa did that.

When that episode aired, people assumed they somehow got the energy from the light of the moon an stars, even though that's still ridiculous.

Oh well.

Well, if the energy was from the moon, it would logically be a "Lunar Beam." Although, energy from other stars would still be a "Solar Beam."

FabuVinny said:
How did it work in Gold, Silver and Crystal?
How did what work? Solarbeam? Same as RSE. Solarbeam takes 2 turns to fire. 1 turn while Sunny Day is activated. 3 turns while Rain Dance is in effect.

I know, but those games had Day and Night. Did that affect things at all?

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom