• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Amiibo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear the base pack is like $100.
It is, but that's partly because the NFC figure bases and NFC reader also double as actual LEGO kits with a total of about 250 pcs (worth about $30).

Also, some of the separate level packs have unique themes. Like PORTAL.

Got Duck Hunt over the weekend while I was away (thank goodness parents were home to bring him inside), and a friend of mine was so nice to give me Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. as she only wanted Duck Hunt. =D I also grabbed the Mario modern and classic 8-bit Amiibos on eBay. To top it off, my local Toys R Us restocked Olimar, Little Mac, Shulk, Greninja, Lucario, and Captain Falcon. I bought them all and regret nothing. These things are so damn addictive. We need to make AA meetings (Amiibos Anonymous).

My local store got in a few more Olimars, ZSS, and Ganondorfs today, but not exactly ones I'm interested in though.

amiibo are like Pringles. Once you pop...

...c'mon, you '90s kids should know how it goes.

Out of all of them Mario is the only one that eludes me

You can't find him? He's ridiculously common it isn't funny.

Dr. Mario is getting to that status too, though only at Target. Then again, since it's got a pharmacy, that might be why he's only at that store...

Newest catch, will get the Retro 3-Pack next Thursday when I get paid.

12124420_10153223641970922_463157897_o.jpg

Geez, look at those fingers...let's hope Ganondorf isn't a nose-picker.

And that "scar" looks more like vanilla pudding...now I'm hungry.

Found a Charizard amiibo at my local Gamestop! My collection is now at 16.

The retro three pack is ludicrously common. I swear I saw 7 of them at my local Gamestop.

I was at NYCC this past weekend and one booth was selling pretty much every amiibo, including the really rare ones like Marth and Rosalina. I wanted to snatch them up so bad but they were $40 each and there was no way I was spending like $160 just for 4 amiibo. (I did cave and go back to the booth on Sunday, but they were out of the ones I really wanted, so I just got Pit who was $30. whatever at least I have Pit now)

I also got Sonic and Pikachu when we were at Nintendo World on Saturday. I was hoping they might have some of the rarer ones but no such luck.

Is there an upcoming Shovel Knight game for the 3DS or Wii U, which explains the Shovel Knight amiibo? Because I'm also suspecting that Nintendo made the "poll" for Smash Bros. to distract us while they're making him playable...

I have myself 14 amiibo with Bowser Jr. being the newest in my collection.
Lucario is my most treasured amiibo while Pit is the amiibo I was very very lucky to find.

Is there an upcoming Shovel Knight game for the 3DS or Wii U, which explains the Shovel Knight amiibo? Because I'm also suspecting that Nintendo made the "poll" for Smash Bros. to distract us while they're making him playable...

Shovel Knight for 3DS and Wii U (and also PS3) has actually been out for a while. It is however receiving a free update called "Plague of Shadows" that stars Plague Knight. Shovel Knight's Amiibo will reportedly be used to unlock extras, as well as 2-player co-op in the Wii U version.

Shovel Knight for 3DS and Wii U (and also PS3) has actually been out for a while. It is however receiving a free update called "Plague of Shadows" that stars Plague Knight. Shovel Knight's Amiibo will reportedly be used to unlock extras, as well as 2-player co-op in the Wii U version.

I'm still suspecting the poll was there so they could make a character regardless of what we voted for...give them a few months.

I'm still suspecting the poll was there so they could make a character regardless of what we voted for...give them a few months.

It's true that developing a new fighter will take months, so even once they close the poll and collect the data, it'll be some time before anything on that poll actually sees implementation. Roy, Lucas, and Mewtwo are exceptions since they could basically just import the fighter's previous data and tweak it to fit the new game's engine, but anything truly new (like Ryu was)....

It' slightly unlikely it will be Shovel Knight though. They save the third-party slots for characters who have been influential to gaming and/or in the industry for a long time. Shovel Knight has neither of these qualifications.

It's a shame the 3-Pack Mii Fighter set will only be sold at Toys 'R Us, considering the only one in my town closed last year...

Finally got a Shulk amiibo (pre-owned for £10 ) that I got on my Birthday. Been waiting for him to be a reasonable price for so long ;-;

Since Cloud has gotten into Sm4sh he'll probably get an amiibo and that's something I'm excited for!

I'm even more excited about that wolf Link amiibo! Shame the one they showed looked as though it had a really lousy paint job. I've been waiting for a Midna figure hat doesn't cost the solar system since I first played Twilight Princess!

I just got this at GameStop while I was preordering Twilight Princess HD Bundle!

12250388_10153277820950922_654638449_o_by_highrollerhydra-d9glasj.jpg

Went and got a Mewtwo, Tom Nook, and Mabel. Hopefully on payday there is still the tree pack with KK left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom