• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime concepts that were thankfully removed

How about Ash always losing the league?

Oh wait, we STILL haven't broken free of that yet. What a damn shame, since Sinnoh would have been the perfect time to.

Scott are you going to keep on saying that over and over? This show exist to sell toys and games it doesn't care.

They can still sell games/toys/cards with Ash winning a league, since that won't end the show.

Yeah it would be weird buying toys from a series where the main hero never wins...

Yeah it would be weird buying toys from a series where the main hero never wins...

I doubt Japanese 1-18 yearolds care when they buy a Pikachu cell phone thingy or when they buy a Mijumaru keychain. He wins battles that's good enough. Let's not turn this in to another "Replace Ash" thread :sweat:

Those are two completely different things but I get what you are talking about.

Basically I'm glad they got rid of non-Pokemon animals in the anime. It was just strange to have both.

On the one hand I totes agree with that. But on the other hand, now I'm always a little bit nervous when they're eating meat.

Back in the Indigo League they talked about Farfetch'd being delicious, but they don't really talk about eating Pokemon anymore. But there are no other animals, and it weirds me out. Hahaha.

To be honest, that's once concept I miss, real animals. In the Pokemon descriptions, they tend to mention what animals the said Pokemon are based on. They still do it now (I think). Seems odd to base Pokemon on real animals if the real animals don't exist in their world.

Emboar your profile picture is really scaring me. its eyes keep following me.

And I'd rather say that real animals do still exist in the anime, they just don't feel like mentioning them and showing them in a show revolving around Pokemon.

Then again, its weird for us to eat animals ourselves. For various reasons. First, we were never intended to be meat eaters. We have all the characteristics of herbivores. Meat isn't necessary to be healthy, though it does taste good.

Second, I hate the religious argument that "Animals have no souls. They're only here to be our food or our pets." I'm sorry but animals do have souls and they do feel pain and other emotions. Just on a slightly different level.

Third, why the hell am I giving a biological and philosophical rant on a Pokemon forum?! Oh right, because I get sidetracked easily....

Anyway, I believe that the anime does have real animals, they just choose not to talk about them. Either that or everyone's secretly eating Tofu without knowing.

Last edited:
I like Unova's idea of handling extra Pokemon better than teleporting in Kanto. I mean, I just don't see Poke Balls built with transporters. The idea that the Poke Ball will shrink down to travel size and is locked until you transport it or another ball back to the lab is a little more plausible to me.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom