• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

20 minutes of torture
Also is this in the Isle of Armor
Isle of Amour
SERENA RETURN CONFIRMED?
Nope. It seems that they will return to the same Yadon Island from that crappy half episode.

It wasn't enough for them to only rehash the plot somewhere else, the staff needed to do it in the same place. Now as a full fledged 'episode'; full of random antics, gags and shenanigans.

Nope. It seems that they will return to the same Yadon Island from that crappy half episode.

It wasn't enough for them to only rehash the plot somewhere else, the staff needed to do it in the same place. Now as a full fledged 'episode'; full of random antics, gags and shenanigans.
Their bad attempt at ''humor.''

This is worse than it being a 2-in-1. This is gonna be a full length episode of one cringeworthy gag. That one episode was one of the worst in Pokemon anime history. Why rehash it for G-Slowking? They should have used Avery or Klara to introduce G-Slowking instead.
Because they would have to write for Avery and/or Klara and do something with them.

They are so lazy they decided to reuse a plot they already used just 71 eps ago, and in the same series. I keep telling you guys: they are just lazy.

Because they would have to write for Avery and/or Klara and do something with them.

They are so lazy they decided to reuse a plot they already used just 71 eps ago, and in the same series. I keep telling you guys: they are just lazy.
Anime never necessarily needed to implement game characters in specific situations, and instead always adopted them to their own continuity, just like how Hop was completely written out in the Darkest Day arc and his role was filled by an anime-original character. So I can't really follow that notion that they didn't choose another location just because they would have to write Avery or Klara in, since they are not obligated to do that in any slightest possible means.

Anime never necessarily needed to implement game characters in specific situations, and instead always adopted them to their own continuity, just like how Hop was completely written out in the Darkest Day arc and his role was filled by an anime-original character. So I can't really follow that notion that they didn't choose another location just because they would have to write Avery or Klara in, since they are not obligated to do that in any slightest possible means.
I've never said they had to use Avery or Klara. But it's cuz it would be cool for them to appear, especially since they are associated with Galarian Slowbro, as they use them as their aces (maybe they could've changed so Avery had G-Slowking, due to redundance).

But nope. Galar not only gets shafted once again, but they are recycling the plot of an ep (that already wasn't even passable to begin with) exclusively because they're lazy and didn't wanted to bother coming up with something else.

The plot of a 10 minute episode literally recycled for a 20 minute episode after 70 episodes in the same saga and I'm not even using my shock-inducing literary devices that are hyperboles and metaphors.
I don’t know how to put a good spin on this.
They could barely make it funny for half an episode, don't know how the hell they're gonna manage a full 20 minutes of that crap.

I've never said they had to use Avery or Klara. But it's cuz it would be cool for them to appear, especially since they are associated with Galarian Slowbro, as they use them as their aces (maybe they could've changed so Avery had G-Slowking, due to redundance).

But nope. Galar not only gets shafted once again, but they are recycling the plot of an ep (that already wasn't even passable to begin with) exclusively because they're lazy and didn't wanted to bother coming up with something else.
I don’t know, bringing the two game characters to degrade Journey’s writing decisions out of nowhere seems a bit of a stretch to me. Sure there are missed opportunities that the anime did not take advantage of and arguably made the series less enhancing, but saying the staff chose the same location just because they are too lazy to write Klara or Avery in is very much just irrelevant criticism that doesn’t have a solid basis in my opinion. Which didn’t surprise me though. Nowadays people take anything to “prove” how disappointing Journeys is. I wish the criticism that goes around was more fair but it is just me.

I don’t know, bringing the two game characters to degrade Journey’s writing decisions out of nowhere seems a bit of a stretch to me. Sure there are missed opportunities that the anime did not take advantage of and arguably made the series less enhancing, but saying the staff chose the same location just because they are too lazy to write Klara or Avery in is very much just irrelevant criticism that doesn’t have a solid basis in my opinion. Which didn’t surprise me though. Nowadays people take anything to “prove” how disappointing Journeys is. I wish the criticism that goes around was more fair but it is just me.
Again: Avery and/or Klara appearing prob wouldn't make for better writing (especially since hey, it's still the same team), but besides all the reasons I've listed here, it would at least force the writers to do something different this time.

But nope: they are just reusing a plot from 70 eps ago, and that, to make matters worse, it's arguably one of the worst JN eps up to this point, with a substantial amount of the fandom delegating it as one of the worst of all time, which is definitely saying something for an over 20 years old anime with well over 1000 eps.

And frankly, I don't see how this is not "fair criticism" to you, but well, guess everybody has their tastes.

At this point, I think that a lot of people just always assume the worst about Journeys. I can understand to a point, especially in this case. None of the two-in-one episodes have been particularly good and the Slowking segment was especially bad, so I can understand not liking them reusing that plot to showcase Galarian Slowking. However, I think that complaining about them not using Klara or Avery to showcase Galarian Slowking or trying to prove that they're being lazy is a bit excessive. The former comes off more like trying to find more reasons to complain about Journeys than anything else to me.

I do think that showcasing the Galarian Yadon line in the same way as in that horrible half-episode is lazy.

However, at the same time I don't believe that those two characters would have improved the upcoming episode.

I thought that Ash should replace Dracovish with Greninja for his now on-hand Pokémon, so that I can see Greninja's new Battle Bond ability that lets him transform himself into his Ash-Greninja Bond Phenomenon that does not affect Ash's body anymore, that's all.

I thought that Ash should replace Dracovish with Greninja for his now on-hand Pokémon, so that I can see Greninja's new Battle Bond ability that lets him transform himself into his Ash-Greninja Bond Phenomenon that does not affect Ash's body anymore, that's all.
Greninja already had its time to shine in XY. Now it's Dracovish's turn to be Ash's primary Water type.

Back
Top Bottom