• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

Do you have any screenshot?
IMG_7032.jpeg
It's easier to see in the actual trailer at the 44 second mark as her hands move in a similar motion to someone using a phone in the palm of their hand, whatever it is the NPC appears to be on a handheld device of some kind.

So personally, along with that and the fact other people populating the city seem to be dressed completely modern, I would assume it's taking place after XY, within the same time period, or just before the events of XY, give or take 2 or 3 years before or after, but not really far in the past like PLA was.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 186885
It's easier to see in the actual trailer at the 44 second mark as her hands move in a similar motion to someone using a phone in the palm of their hand, whatever it is the NPC appears to be on a handheld device of some kind.

So personally, along with that and the fact other people populating the city seem to be dressed completely modern, I would assume it's taking place after XY, within the same time period, or just before the events of XY, give or take 2 or 3 years before or after, but not really far in the past like PLA was.
Once again, do I have to bring up that this blueprint represents a modernized representation and may have something to do with how the Legends: Arceus protagonist was introduced into Hisui, along with the Arc Phone?
Then again, other users do bring up that the fans (a.k.a. us) don’t know much of the game at the moment, which includes when it (primarily) takes place, so I will be in the neutrality on this argument.

Either way, we're not getting an actual trailer until June at the very earliest, but given that this game isn't coming out until early 2025 it could be even later than that (like August or even September).

Actually, they didn't even confirm if it was early or late 2025, it's just sometime during the year. Many people assume it'll be early, but if it does end up being late, then it could be even worse than what you think. We could be waiting until NEXT Pokemon Day to see actual information on this game. However this goes though it's certainly going to be a long and painful wait for any kind of substantial news.

Sorry, but no matter how hard I look, I don't see any phone whatsoever. And yes, I did look at the trailer too.

It's unlikely that Gamefreak would insert a generic cell phone, and Rotom Phone's unique shape would be instantly recognizable, if it were used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep leaks/rumors in the Leaks and Rumors thread
Moderator Notice

Hey y'all! We've had posts discussing the leak of an upcoming corocoro magazine which isn't set to release until the 22nd.

For future reference, leaks, rumors and other discussion of unreleased/unannounced material should be designated to our dedicated Leaks and Rumors Thread, as not to spoiler others who are trying to avoid prerelease spoilers. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, let us know.

So Nintendo quote tweeted the trailer saying this adventure is set entirely in Kalos, and it has me a bit concerned. Are we not going to be able to leave the city?

I will fully admit, one of my favorite parts of Pokemon games is exploring new, nature-filled areas. In fact, the natural enviornments are probably some of my favorite parts of any game. Until Paldea, Kalos was my favorite region aesthetically, so seeing this tweet worries me in that front. I don’t want to be limited to an urban area, even if there are little suburban parks. One of the best parts of Kalos was it’s insane diversity in its region, and I want to see that in a way we could not before. If we truly can’t leave Lumiose City to see the outer world, no matter how big they make Lumiose in scale, it still will be somewhat disappointing for me

That being said, it is a cool concept and I think I’ll still be able to enjoy it for that. The main series games have just barely touched on the idea of being able to catch Pokemon in towns and cities. Of course there’s gifted Pokemon, but if I recall correctly the only time you’ve ever been able to catch infinite Pokemon in towns and cities is with fishing. Nothing else is coming to mind (I might be forgetting something very obvious). But can you just imagine. Exploring this crazy looking city and there are just wild Pokemon everywhere? Groups of Bunnnelby digging their way through the parks, Fletchlings and Pidgeys sitting on telephone wires. The elemental monkeys hanging from balcony fencing. We’ll be able to see Pokemon in a way we never had before, and that will be interesting for sure.

I am incredibly mixed by the idea of this. But, if this is the case and we truly can't leave Lumiose City, then I hope we'll at least get to see the Pokemon interacting with this urban world in all sorts of different ways.
im not sure if anyone has said this but Hau Oli city in Alola let you catch pokemon in there, they had patches of grass around.

im not sure if anyone has said this but Hau Oli city in Alola let you catch pokemon in there, they had patches of grass around.

Yeah there has definitely been more than just a handful of Surfing/Fishing encounters in past games, we've had instances like Hau'oli City and the hidden park in Castelia City in BW2 where you had actual tall grass in cities and could catch wild Pokemon there. The scale that they're doing this though, with them seemingly wandering around the entire city, is certainly unprecedented though.

My prediction is that the game will slowly develop Lumiose City overtime until it reaches roughly its final incarnation near the end. Probably obvious

The fact that this is supposedly taking place entirely within Lumiose does make the distribution and placement of wild Pokemon within it a very interesting thing to speculate about, seeing as it's something Pokemon hasn't really done before. It would also contrast Legends: Arceus since that game was almost entirely wilderness and wildlands which meant there were a variety of wild biomes for the Pokemon to inhabit based on their characteristics.

Here, stuff like small parks would be obvious places for the early route Pokemon like Bunnelby, Fletchling, and Scatterbug to inhabit, but how they'll make hospitable places within a city environment for other kinds of Pokemon will be interesting. Flower fields could also be good for Flabebe. Maybe some sort of place for bugs like Scatterbug, Caterpie, and Weedle, but then you need bodies of water for Skrelp, Clauncher, Binacle, etc. And then roughland/desert climates for Helioptile, Sandile, and whatnot. And marshlands for Goomy and other related wetland inhabitants. And the biggest one being colder places for Ice-types like Bergmite, Snorunt, and Snover to live in. Underground places could exist for "caves" for Noibat,

With a more wildland based geography splitting natural biomes is very easy, but for a more dedicated urbanized area like this, how they'll split Pokemon in different areas and create "biomes" hospitable for all kinds of Pokemon is certainly interesting to think about, to split the variety. It'll also be interesting which areas will be lower level and have early game Pokemon and which ones will be higher level with Pokemon intended to be met later on.

The fact that this is supposedly taking place entirely within Lumiose does make the distribution and placement of wild Pokemon within it a very interesting thing to speculate about, seeing as it's something Pokemon hasn't really done before. It would also contrast Legends: Arceus since that game was almost entirely wilderness and wildlands which meant there were a variety of wild biomes for the Pokemon to inhabit based on their characteristics.

Here, stuff like small parks would be obvious places for the early route Pokemon like Bunnelby, Fletchling, and Scatterbug to inhabit, but how they'll make hospitable places within a city environment for other kinds of Pokemon will be interesting. Flower fields could also be good for Flabebe. Maybe some sort of place for bugs like Scatterbug, Caterpie, and Weedle, but then you need bodies of water for Skrelp, Clauncher, Binacle, etc. And then roughland/desert climates for Helioptile, Sandile, and whatnot. And marshlands for Goomy and other related wetland inhabitants. And the biggest one being colder places for Ice-types like Bergmite, Snorunt, and Snover to live in. Underground places could exist for "caves" for Noibat,

With a more wildland based geography splitting natural biomes is very easy, but for a more dedicated urbanized area like this, how they'll split Pokemon in different areas and create "biomes" hospitable for all kinds of Pokemon is certainly interesting to think about, to split the variety. It'll also be interesting which areas will be lower level and have early game Pokemon and which ones will be higher level with Pokemon intended to be met later on.
The Haussman Renovation, the period that this game is very likely to be be based on, featured the rediscovery and exploration of the Paris Catacombs. Perhaps we will see the Lumiose equivalent?

The Haussman Renovation, the period that this game is very likely to be be based on, featured the rediscovery and exploration of the Paris Catacombs. Perhaps we will see the Lumiose equivalent?
Another thing the Haussman renovation brought was a massive expansion of Paris' public parks and gardens. Haussmann's goal was to have one park in each of the eighty neighborhoods of Paris, so that no one was more than ten minutes' walk from such a park.

So I'm not worried about Z-A being "too urban".

The catacombs would be the perfect place for Ghost and/or Dark type Pokémon.

Last edited:
Now, with more time, I watched the trailer with subtitles.

First Point: It is stated that the images presented do not correspond to those of the game, so we should not relate this, visually, to anything presented in the trailer.

Second Point: The Trailer refers to the Lumiose City urban development plan. Drawing a historical parallel, I believe the game is referring to Haussmann's renovation of Paris which took place between 1852 and 1870. Therefore, I think the game will have a setting based on that period. In fact, we can see that the city's first scribbles have a 19th century style.

On the other hand, I believe that the technological city that is shown to us is the current city of Lumiose, or rather, the result of the proposed urban plan that transformed the place into the main hub of the region.

Well, it could, of course, be the opposite, that is, that in the future the protagonist will discover secrets related to the city's project from centuries ago. We have to wait and see.

NOTE: This trailer has an extreme focus on Lumiose City so I wonder if we will have other cities in the game, or if this will only be focused on the capital and its surroundings.
I hope its the whole region, not just Lumiose.

As has been said before in this thread: I'm certain that the areas that directly connect to Lumoise will visitable: Route 4, Route 5, Route 13, Route 14, & Route 16.

You know, I could actually believe this. Since the relative areas that those five particular routes comprise have different environments, they could function as different biomes for certain Pokemon to live in. Three of them have a "city park" vibe and generally feel like a part of Lumiose City by proxy, and Route 13 is named in-universe as the Lumiose Badlands and its power plant nearby is literally the source of Lumiose's power in the modern day Kalos. Route 4 could be flower field/grassland, Route 5 as a basic hill/grassland, Route 13 as badlands/desert/rough terrain, Route 14 as swamp/wetland, and Route 16 as a colder climate. Route 16 itself isn't cold but is very close to Frost Cavern and thus the area that comprises it in Z-A could also connect to that icy area to make that zone an ice biome for Ice-types like Bergmite, Snover, and Snorunt.

Which could also in turn suggest the order of plaza+zones we visit in this game and which Pokemon will be in which zone/plaza as a result.

Like the Vert Plaza connecting to Route 4 will be the one we start off with and has early stuff like Bunnelby, Fletchling, Weedle, Caterpie, Scatterbug, etc. and then ones connecting to 13, 14, and 16 will have less hospitable biomes but be home to more out there Pokemon like Helioptile and Sandile in the Magenta Plaza/Route 13 zone, then stuff like Goomy in the Rouge Plaza+Route 14, and then stuff like Bergmite in the Route 16+Jaune Plaza area, and that being the last one we explore/build/visit.

Those five+Lumiose comprise a fairly small amount of Kalos but would be a believable map size for this game that still offers variety in terms of wild Pokemon distribution in a believable way.

Back
Top Bottom