• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Any traditions?

Ferbgor

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Are there any things that you do in the games that does not affect game play or anything?

For me, it's saving in a house after playing at night so my character can 'sleep' in a safe place.

I always hold the B button when throwing a pokeball to catch a pokemon. Been doing it since R/B days.

I always hold the B button when throwing a pokeball to catch a pokemon. Been doing it since R/B days.

Lol. I do this too, sort of. I hold the up + A button just before the Pokeball touches the Pokemon. I've caught some legendary Pokemon this way...

I always turn off the game with me standing in the middle of the Pokemon Center with my Pokemon (in SS) next to me.

I turn it off without saving by accident.... a lot.

And I NEVER have the volume on.

I will at least have a Pikachu named Lita somewhere on the file (if Pikachu is availiable in the game.)

This. Except mine is named Sparky. And i have to mash the left button when the pokeball shakes left, mash right when it shakes right and so on.

Well, in SoulSilver every 50 hours that I've played I always go back to New Bark Town and hang out in my room until the exact minute it changes. :b I've only gotten 60 hours so far so I've only done it once but I plan to do it again.

I ALWAYS choose the Fire Starter. With the obvious exception of Yellow, every game I played I always went with the Fire Starter.

Also, for Pokemon Centers, I always have my character sit by the door, except in Platinum where I keep Volkner trapped inside my Villa. ._.

I always save in a Pokémon Center, and every time I make it to a new town or city, I always go and stock up on items.

I tend to just save in the Pokémon Center, and will turn it off from there during the night, and go and "sleep" on one of the cushions in the place.

Always gimped the game by using the masterball on the main legendary.

Get a ground type. No matter how many different games I play or how many times I replay them, there has to be a ground type.

From Gen I onwards, I named myself Ash. Only this generation, White, did I finally name myself John.

In Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, I always use to go out of my way to save in Agate village so I wouldn't get mugged...

I often double/triple save...

I try to talk to every NPC, yet for some reason I still have Someone's PC in White...

Never nickname Pokemon I use really. Only named my Excadrill Maurice in White for my friend...

Seems like a broke a lot of traditions in White.

Throughout my entire existence as a Pokefan, only a few times have I ever strayed from my tradition of giving my own first name (Devin) to my character.

In the days of Gen. III, I consistently held down A while trying to catch Pokemon, epecially legendary Pokemon. That habit pretty much died in the D/P days, though.

I always give nicknames to the Pokemon I use in battles against other people (namely, Wi-Fi battles).

I always name my character Nack, and I always get at least one Crobat each generation. Have yet to get a Crobat in Generation 5.

I always name at least one of my pokemon after a TV character/movie character/etc. In white, I named my whole team names from characters on Red Vs. Blue. (I know. I'm a nerd.)

Always Gardevoir. Ever since I randomly trained a ralts that I found, I have had a Gardevoir in my every run through the game.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom